Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

2012 Rugby n League

Feel free to discuss up coming matches, bad lines, nice props or just chat like last years thread.

Feels like rugby never stopped last year with the world cup, only afew more weeks until the games start up too.

Early play - Locked in Melbourne storm to finish top eight at rd 26 @ $1.45, pro team that shows up each week, billy seems to of healed fine for rd1 and the only real loss is Adam Blair moving to the tigers.

Would of liked to play the knights for top eight if there was a little more value, Bennett coaching them should bring abit more smart to the club, not to be racist but sometimes the islanders do some stupid shit at times and I think he will tidy things up like the 2010 dragons team. Darius Boyd backing up uates suspect defense will be good also.

Super 15, I think the chiefs are going to be the most improved, a lot of young players with a couple of seasons played should now step up. Cruden, sonny bill and a healthy kahui along with masanga should light the backs up, mulina has moved on but Robbie Robinson or Nani will step up.

Beniphone

Thinking about playing France for 6 nations also, England is a mess at the mo, a lot of talk about wales finding 6th gear but I'm not sure if I'm buying it

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Booom! First person other than Beni to post over here for the year.

Not sure whether to keep posting my picks in here or start my own thread this year... kinda liked the communal feel in here last season and we all cleaned up pretty good from memory. Especially the RWC.

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Round 1 NRL NQ cowboys @1.40 vs titans!!! expect to see that be nearly halved by kick off.

Beniphone

Tongas defense will be a big loss for the cowboys this season i think. The game I want is warriors vs eagles, warriors will want revenge after loosing the grand finale to them and will have home advantage + wanting to start the season off with a win for the new coach

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by Beniphone View Post
    Would of liked to play the knights for top eight if there was a little more value, Bennett coaching them should bring abit more smart to the club, not to be racist but sometimes the islanders do some stupid shit at times and I think he will tidy things up like the 2010 dragons team. Darius Boyd backing up uates suspect defense will be good also.
    Knights will be the biggest zomg squares team because everyone knows Bennett coached teams have never ever lost a game. Guessing there will be value in auto-fading them against the spread etc.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Knights are still a few seasons off being competitive even with Bennett coaching them.

Beniphone

Good luck with it

Beniphone

Call me crazy but I think the blues take origin this year (I'm a maroons supporter that's backed them the last 5 years). 2/3 blues.

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I'm a Knights fan from way back so I'm overly optimistic about their chances with Bennett

They lacked a lot of discipline, particularly in defense in 2011, Bennett will change that, and will still allow the likes of Uate to play their natural game. They'll be in the top 8 for sure, you can have me in writing on that! No value in the odds though agreed.

Storm to make top 8 is practically free money, I just don't like my money being tied up for that long.

Duff85

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/arti...s-and-knights/

Particularly the quote about: "Newcastle are one of the early favourites at $9 but they'd be close to $15 if not for Bennett coaching them."

brettels

Tigers vs Sharks, Tigers for me but I'm going to need some re assurance!

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

$9 to 1 on the Knights is a bargain as they're a lock to win this season!

Haven't felt this good coming into a season as a Knights supporter in a long time. I'll have to make it back to the Energy Australia for a game or two this season, I get the sense the crowds this year are going to be insane.

That said - I think this team will be over-valued early in the season until they adjust to Bennett so will be one to keep an eye on their games closely. I also think Brisbane might be under-valued early, as I think they have been preparing for a Lockyear-less future for some time and they have some great young talent.

Just over a month to kick-off lads

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Good luck everyone, can't wait for this season to get going.

I'm thinking about fading the Broncos on every spread between 1.5 to 3.5. I think Lockyer's magic got them home too many times last year and it's going to be a struggle in those close games. They still have the talent to be competitive & surprise some teams but will find themselves lost in pivotal moments.

SaffaCappa
    SaffaCappa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

Hey Guys
    Good to have Rugga back

I fancy Ireland -4 in the 6 Nations this weekend as the best of the lot!

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

I'm heavy on the knights to make the 8. I actually think they are Top 4 material. They made the 8 last year, and now they have Bennet, Boyd, Buderus and snowden.

That Guy
    That Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 361

Anyone making a play on the All Stars game tonight?
    Total U48 looking good along with Indig All Stars ML I reckon

s2230011
    s2230011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3071

Take the O48 !! Its O50.5 here and I am still taking it ..

Dont forget about the rule changes .. all attacking. Each side has a power play in eacg half. Effectively that means that for 4 times in the game you will have 13 on 11 !!! thats 4 tries !! Also, the 40 20 is expanding to 50 10, so more opportunities!!

Also the Indigionous side is full of points !!! I think this will end up to be a game of touch and to be honest, I dont think the NRL minds. This game has been promoted as a show case and it will be played in that way. No one wants injuries and even the most serious man in league, Wayne Bennett is taking it seriously. I expect a big scoreline.

Duff85

Getting back in the swing of things. Ended up passing on the All Star game although I would have had a big play on the Aboriginals had I been able to catch the opener - so as far as i'm concerned we're + money already.

Decent sized play on Scotland+1 (2.18). Had the choice of between a 1 and 2.5 point start with my various books at various odds - I think this one presents the best value.

Bazz27
    Bazz27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2896

Went big on Barba to score a try @1.75, every1 did but him... any1 of u aussies on the super bowl 2morrow??

brettels

Quote Originally Posted by Beniphone View Post
    Tongas defense will be a big loss for the cowboys this season i think. The game I want is warriors vs eagles, warriors will want revenge after loosing the grand finale to them and will have home advantage + wanting to start the season off with a win for the new coach
    Never thought of him as a key to there defense, more offense!

Beniphone

Waiting for teams to be named but I think the blues take the crusaders again in the first game of the season.

I think sonny bill could take Tillman to decision on Wednesday too, $3.30 has gotta be worth a stab

TBsp75
    TBsp75's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2060

crusader usually start slow at beginin of the season but they did have a pretty convincin win over the highlanders 47-19 in their 1st pre season game.

sonny and tillman gonna b a tough match. my guess.. either sonny gets knock out or sonny win by decision

TBsp75

wrong guess. sonny won by ko in 1st round. did tillman train at all? he's got womens

wat u guys think abt home advantage in nrl and super 15 when cappin?
    very important, important or nt important at all

imo important for nrl. very important for super 15 especially when leavin their home country

Beniphone

Def helps, only with some teams tho, crusaders played pretty hard at the start of the season, not sure what % they actually coverd but it was quite high at home. Then you get teams like the chiefs that for some reason don't give a fuk infront of a home crowd sometimes

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

thought this was classic, probably more so because it's the Beaver.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rGaPu-9qcpg

TBsp75

is thr a stats site for rugby? and past odds?

Beniphone

Haha nice hawley, he seems to be going well over there.

garygroundwork
    garygroundwork's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12445

which NRL team/s should finish top 4...Melbourne..

kingsr
    kingsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3061

Quote Originally Posted by garygroundwork View Post
    which NRL team/s should finish top 4...Melbourne..

NONE! NRL is too hard to predict. In saying that, I took a stab at Manly paying $3.00.

km031
    km031's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 195

Good luck to all

Duff85

Quote Originally Posted by TBsp75 View Post
    is thr a stats site for rugby? and past odds?
    Oddsportal has the last two seasons from memory.

Beniphone

I'm liking Leeds +2.5 against manly in the world club challenge at this stage, haven't seen any team lists yet.

angelo63
    angelo63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2192

Hi Guys, A fellow Aussie in Canberra and it is good to see a few of us around. I use Betfair mostly and of course Pinnacle, Sportsbet and Centrebet as I have had accounts with Centrebet and Sportsbet for over 12 years. Betfair gave me $500 in free bets on the Nba and superbowl a few weeks back which was sensational, never thought someone would give me that much in free bets. I specialize in NRL betting and look forward to discussing all sorts of plays in this forum. The TABs are just stealing money from the small punter and givig it to the big guys like Zeljko Raoegenac. Read this and see why ..http://www.afr.com/p/national/the_ga...aVFjmpyYXNu9Js

Beniphone

Welcome to the board, 12 years in the game, nice.

Link isn't working for me, what's it about?

1234 ... Last