underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

how much would you pay to play augusta national

just got back from Mondays practice round at Augusta national, going back for Thursday's round..........

that place is pretty cool.

i would pay 2500 to play the course as long as i could play with some of the players that are in the tournament, it wouldn't matter which players.

care to guess some of the prices?

tournament badge covering all 4 rounds
    club sandwich
    pimento and cheese sandwich
    bbq sandwich
    beer
    import beer
    soft drinks

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not me

Racist area and also would rather invest money in Silver

That place is a ripoff

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

My boss's father is/was on the board at Augusta National. Then again he was the US Secretary of the Treasury as well.

I know my boss has played there, but unless you know someone it just doesn't happen very easily.

underthe total
    under

no way

ticket to entire tourney 4 days, 200.
    cokes 1.5
    beer 1.5
    sandwiches 2.00

how is that a rip off?
    have you ever been?

so i assume you don't play golf? not many Yankees do

at least play some matchups they are up now on most every site

harlee71

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Not me

Racist area and also would rather invest money in Silver

That place is a ripoff
    10,000 a year is pretty cheap for a place like that. Problem is getting approved.

underthe total
    under

i like the place.

i dont hate rich people, just like i dont hate poor people

underthe total
    under

is that the dues?

i have heard they assess every year instead of paying monthly like other clubs.

harlee71

Quote Originally Posted by underthe total View Post
    is that the dues?

i have heard they assess every year instead of paying monthly like other clubs.

In that area. The problem is getting approved. Like I said my boss's father a former US Secretary of Treasury is a memeber and one of his sons. My boss has applied and was denied. It pisses him off beyond being able to discuss his family when he talks about it.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I wouldn't pay more than $100 to play there. It's a golf course with 18 tees, 18 greens and 18 holes . . . just like 15,000 other courses in this country.

underthe total
    under

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    I wouldn't pay more than $100 to play there. It's a golf course with 18 tees, 18 greens and 18 holes . . . just like 15,000 other courses in this country.
    its not like any other place in the world

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I've never been to Augusta...but I know a few that have been to The Masters.

Being a huge golfer...I'd pay $500 to play 18 holes at Augusta. I'd pay this because you'll only get one shot.

Last I heard it was about $350 to play Pebble Beach...probably pay that to play it once in my life.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Played there twice. (I have a friend who is a bigshot in golf industry.) First class in every way. I'm an average golfer (at my best), but its incredible to see & feel the history there.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

underthe total
    under

opie i am jealous.

what did you shoot?

opie1988

I was overwhelmed, both by the course and surroundings. Way over my head. Its been several years ago, I have barely played at all in the past 2 years. Very, very cool. Never played Pebble, but I know several who have. Heard its unreal as well.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

opie1988

Never got even remotely close to breaking 100. 1st time had a 13 on #12.....just like Weiskopf!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Never got even remotely close to breaking 100. 1st time had a 13 on #12.....just like Weiskopf!!
    Augusta is a very tough course, it has no official course rating or slope rating. the unofficial rating is 76.

opie1988

I can vouch for that. I'm an average golfer, at best. When you play "real" golf.......average golfers do not break 100 very often.

I golf about like I gamble.......not very well.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

underthe total
    under

perception on golf varies....

i consider my self average and my handicap is 9. it used to be a little lower but i a m getting older.

i hope i could break 90.

slope plus handicap means i should shoot 85 on my best days, so breaking 90 would be a challenge
    Last edited by underthe total; 04-05-11 at 07:39 PM.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Yeah, I've heard the unofficial course rating is about 76

To put that in perspective, most of the toughest courses in the country (excluding PGA tour set-ups and tees) have a rating approaching 75 to 75.5

I can't imagine playing Augusta in "normal" conditions...let alone on Sunday of The Masters.

underthe total
    under

the greens have a reputation for being hard there, but they don't talk about the narrow fairways line with tall pine trees as much as they should.

i would definitely want to play the tips

Lorinda
    Lorinda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think I'd rather play Pebble at around $450 than Augusta. Not that I'd mind Augusta either before it looks like a hater post.

The views at Pebble have something you just can't get anywhere else. While Augusta is perfectly manicured and quite probably the best course in the world, you can get amazing fairways lined with pine trees within a few miles of my house (Woburn, England, Expensive also), even if it's not on the same scale.

I'm also put off by the closed shop membership thing. I realise that's part of the attraction to many, for me it just gets my heckles up. As to the history, I can't deny that, I'm naturally difficult to excite with history. (Although some of the episodes of America's Game get me going) I think it's because I analyse hundreds of sporting events each week and being seduced by history is something I try not to allow myself.

I'd probably pay around $650 to play just because it's worth the $200 extra to not have a life of "Wait, you could have played Augusta and didn't, you fool" from everyone else!

(Been watching golf for 30+ years, been playing for 18 months. Currently off 22 but improving)

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by underthe total View Post
    its not like any other place in the world

It is THE most overrated course in this country. If you've never been there, I can see the allure. But, thank you, I'll pass on all the hype.

Tsonga
    Tsonga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

I would pay 200 bucks to play Augusta...and I would be extremely happy to get the chance. Its not my fav golf course in the world but this is my fav tournament so it would be great to play it.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

I was overwhelmed, both by the course and surroundings. Way over my head. Its been several years ago, I have barely played at all in the past 2 years. Very, very cool. Never played Pebble, but I know several who have. Heard its unreal as well.
    Haven't played Augusta (yet), but have played Cypress Point out in Monterrey. It's like a religious experience, Pebble didn't even come close.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depends on if the White Sox win today. If they do, I'd pony up 5k. If not, I'll stick to Tiger Woods 2012...

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post

Haven't played Augusta (yet), but have played Cypress Point out in Monterrey. It's like a religious experience, Pebble didn't even come close.
    I know several people that say this exact same thing!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

I know several people that say this exact same thing!
    I've played some great courses, but Cypress Point is on another level. Hardly anyone plays there, most members are celebrities and don't live near the course. It's so pristine you could eat off the fairways and greens which are surrounded by homes that go for multi-millions ($40+).The clubhouse and locker rooms are really small, the course was designed as a "home away from home" for members. It's funny to see guys like Clint Eastwood and Jack Welch sharing a locker. I can't wait to go back.

By the way, I parred the famous 16th hole (the Par 3 over the cliffs). Hit a 3-wood about 220 that landed 6 feet from the pin. Was so nervous I missed the birdie putt ugh!

underthe total
    under

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    It is THE most overrated course in this country. If you've never been there, I can see the allure. But, thank you, I'll pass on all the hype.
    i went again on thursday. to me its an amazing place, i want to play there in my life time for sure and from the tees they use

Tackleberry
    Tackleberry's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would probably be willing to spend about 1k for it.

And I agree with everyone else who said they would play from the tips. It's the only way to truly experience and appreciate a golf course.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I've never been to Augusta...but I know a few that have been to The Masters.

Being a huge golfer...I'd pay $500 to play 18 holes at Augusta. I'd pay this because you'll only get one shot.

Last I heard it was about $350 to play Pebble Beach...probably pay that to play it once in my life.
    i think if you are a resident of the county pebble beach is like 40 bucks.