BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

No more announcer commentary on TVG?Why?Going broke?

Anyone notice that TVG went on auto pilot in the last few days where there are no on air personalities at all.They just run the races with some track feed stuff and mostly music between races.I guess they figure that the people who will bet on races will do so anyway without the talking heads touting.No on air personalities today to save money,no TVG at all in the near future?

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

That normal on Monday's and Tuesdays.

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

yea they really dont care about anything really other than cali and NY racing, tough channel to watch if your a smaller track bettor.. Nothing can compare to Phonebet TV in philly, but they pulled that off the air this year. now i have to watch all my races on the damn computer..

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Very recently, they were doing a little bit of hosting early in the week with morning/early afteroon racing. . . think they called it the "Handicapsule" or some such thing. . . no stage, no lights. . . just a host sitting casually dressed at an media engineer-type set with a computer.

That's stopped?

Monday nights with "Exactorman" about 7 years ago was FANTASTIC stuff.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

cost cutting measure will help save tvg. no shortage of races to bet on or ways to see them.

mproud1
    mproud1's Avatar Become A Pro!

they just use video for BetFair

ok now what
    ok now what's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I've noticed a fairly significant cutback in the contests over the years. Fewer cash paying contests that were easier to hit and more towards 4x to 10x points specials (and 10x those points is still REALLY bad rebate)