French Accordian Each Way
The Arkle chase is cintested over 2 miles by the season's top novice chasers. The favourite is a Paul Nicholsl trained hotpot in the shape of Noland. This horse won the Supreme nivce hurdle here 2 years ago, and then was off for nearly 2 years with injury. He has come back this season in 2 races which he has won well enough, but for me at around 2/1 he is a short enough price when you consider he may well need further and in my opinion still has the injury worries.

I'm happ to oppose him with the Irish horse French Accordian. My tip has been off the track for a few months now as he ahs tried to avoid the rain softened ground. He is a top class horse on decent ground, but diesn't like it too soft. The going tomorrow will probably be good to soft which will just be about the limit for him. He has won his previous 4 races before getting stuck in the mud, and he has been given a good break to get him primed and ready for this test. his form in Ireland was very decent, winning a grade 3 event before bolting up by 17 lengths in a grade 2 race. This is some of the best form on offer here, and I'm happy to oppose Noland with him as a good each way bet.

French Accordian 2 points each way @ 22/1 1/4 odds a place 1,2,3

Pick : French Accordian EACH WAY 2.35 Cheltenham
Odds : 23.00
Stake : 4 / 10
Bookmaker : Coral
Date : 2008-03-11