picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

wednesday 2/13/08 play-4 horses

Ok I have had about enough of the 1st over parked the mile trips. Today I have 4 horses going off from my kept notes at all different tracks.
    Dover R12 #6 Star Swagger(6/1)
    Bet reasonably down last week on his first start back in 6 months. Driver sat 3rd from last on the rail and gapped back for half the race. Basically he just ran him around the track for conditioning. However, when coming on the turn he finally decided to go around the horse in front who was a good 5 lengths gapping back and closed at least 10 lengths in the stretch(far faster than the rest of the field).
    pros:Needed start and should now be trying. Could be decent odds. Love this horse today
    cons:none really unless I get a bad drive. Would like to see a little more aggression from Plante.

Freehold R9 #1 Mediator(3/1)
    Longshot last week came on so fast in the stretch you coulda sworn he was flying. Now he has the rail.
    pros:the rail so could be closer up. Had a ton left when he finally got loose last week. small drop in class.
    cons:hoping rail does not equal shuffle back or 1st over which is sometimes does on a closer. odds may not be huge and sometimes those longshots do not come back with the same effort.

Meadowlands R3 #3 Do Si Do Lavec(9/2)
    First start last week in about 2 1/2 months. Left and settled somewhere around 6th. Horse behind him pulled out pretty early and he was shuffled back to dead last on the rail and could not get out until the stretch. Pierce used the whip 5 times but waited until over halfway down the stretch as he had too much ground to make up off of very very slow fractions.
    pros:2nd start back after a break. closed strong without really trying last week from dead last. A closer who came strong from very weak fractions. Should be closer up with perhaps a hotter pace. Great driver
    cons:needs a little faster fractions and no 1st over or shuffled back which could happen. Has another decent closer next to him and I do not wanna see him give that horse cover.

Turfway Park R3 #5 Flying C(8/1)
    Not going too hard on this one but he did close strongly last week. Needs fast fractions. Last week he settled in near last and did not make a run until the stretch going 4 wide and splitting horses. In the slop he managed to outclose 8 other horses for a decent third only a couple back
    pros:the price should be good and a smaller field than last race. closed strongly
    cons:at the mercy of the pace and trip.

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

1st result in.

Flying C. (2nd) $4.00/$2.80
    Came pretty early before the stretch. went 3wide but then the horse under him forced him about 8 wide which really killed his momentum. Small win if you bet across the board.