BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Tout sheets at track for recreational bettors bad for serious bettors

Yesterday I was at Canterbury Park in Shakopee,Minnesota and a serious player I know that hit a trifecta was ranting about getting shafted because one of the tout sheets hit on it too.Of course the tri should have paid a bundle but since it was listed in the tout sheet,every Tom Dick and Harry that brought the kids for the first time to the track for the free Happy Meal lunch and petting zoo promotion played it bringing the payout down to the ground.

Anyone think that tout sheet sales on track should be banished?

callmejrk1
    callmejrk1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

sounds like he used the sheet too

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

he should feel lucky he hit it at all. i use to complain about hitting a super and it only paying a 100 until i stopped hitting supers and that paid 0

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

no they should increase the amount of tout sheets which would tend to negate the situation that didn't happen there. absurd ridiculous observation that a tout sheet reduced a tri payoff.

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

How many times has the tout been wrong ... and the amount of money on the tout picks have increased the amount of money in the pool that he has picked up ... swings and roundabouts.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by jw View Post
    How many times has the tout been wrong ... and the amount of money on the tout picks have increased the amount of money in the pool that he has picked up ... swings and roundabouts.
    This.

Can't have it both ways.

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Anen to that MadTiger!

sq764
    sq764's Avatar Become A Pro!

stupidest threat ever

the player
    the player's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would be happy if I just collected on the bet.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14888

Same thing happens at the big tracks like the Meadowlands. If Dave Brower picks a horse in the program, it will pay less odds than it should have. Got to watch out for this stuff if you are serious player trying to avoid underlays.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

The tout sheets sold at the track usually pick the favs anyway.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

earlier this week one of local papers that posts selections had a pick 4 COLD that paid over 650 clams. you can take that any way you want....mearly an observation.
    as for browers: isnt his "job" as ml maker a "conflict of interest" with his "selections" page? i guess one pays and the other probably not but damn, he could really lead the public astray if he wanted to-(*add your rolled eyes and snicker here*)after all, this is harness racing we're talking about
    i chased him down one night at the big m and asked him about that exact topic and he told me: "if you dont like my writeups and you see another horse or a different angle, take it. i surely dont win them all." i laughed then asked him what he thought of walter case stabbing his wife the night before. he had no knowledge of it and was shocked as hell...bet he'll never forget me-holding the elevator door and all.
    time to go do a quick google and see how that asshole ever made out....

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

Touts sheets are a waste of $ for the most part. First time maidens being the exception.

the player
    the player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    Touts sheets are a waste of $ for the most part. First time maidens being the exception.
    I totally agree on the first time maiden being the exception here.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68593

Nothing wrong with tout sheets. They help ( or hurt) the guy who is new or has no clue. They almost always come up with the 1st or 2nd choice so it really does not matter as far as the pool goes.