Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9474

Rags to Riches runs Saturday

5-horse field in Race 9 Saturday, and she should be 1-5. Comes off a 3-month layoff and might be vulnerable.

I might play Tough Tiz's Sis. She looks like the only speed in the race and might run better than she did in the Alabama.

I don't like the way the connections have been handling this filly, lying about injuries and fevers when they just don't want to run her unless she's in a walkover race, which she just about gets on Saturday.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Is that what's going on Slew? Her injuries and fevers are nothing more than just holding out?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9474

Absolutely. They did not want to run her at Saratoga because a 2-turn race could have let to an upset.

Pletcher said he was pointing towards last week's race for older fillies at Belmont but, trust me, he NEVER was going to run this 3-year-old filly against older until the Breeders Cup. He made up another excuse and said they'd run Saturday in this short field around 1 turn.

Now, if the filly loses, they'll blame the layoff and the so-called fever. If she airs, they'll say "we were right to wait for this race." Either way, Pletcher and the owners win.

It's all a bunch of bullshit. They just don't want a tough race until the Breeders Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by OrionSky View Post
    Is that what's going on Slew? Her injuries and fevers are nothing more than just holding out?

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, she beat me in the Belmont then today she beat me by running second. I had the exacta on her and the 1 horse. Not for much, not nearly as much as she cost me in the Belmont. She needed to have run more often, she was just not quite ready today (no milkshake, lol).

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

She didn't get her drugs today.

french189
    french189's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the belmont stakes distance did this horse in just like it has many of the other horses winning this stakes race over the years