Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3436

THE Jelly Tracking Show

Jellymancan has agreed to let me track his action thru Breeders Cup 2024. Good sport he is. IMO Jelly a solid capper who won the only contest he played on SBR. I do tail his action at times.

He will post all his plays in his thread and I will run the numbers here. Standard $2W for each pony. and $1 ex for each ex he posts. (option to move up to $4W straight bets) I will post a risk/return number for each specific day he plays and a YTD figure as well.

Good Luck Jelly. MY goal in these tracking threads to beat the track rake so at about 85%. Have a feeling you will exceed that number. THX.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 04-21-24 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added rule changes for a 2nd time

Easy-Rider 66

Hey Jelly one more item. Think you should have the option to bump up a play to $4w. So default $2 w if you want to raise the stakes just put a 2X or $4w note next to the specific play. thx.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 04-21-24 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added rule changes.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2081

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Hey Jelly one more item. Think you should have the option to bump up a play to $4 w/p. So default $2 w/p if you want to raise the stakes just put a 2X or $4 w/p note next to the specific play. thx.
    Jelly like Mr Spock up or down in the sport of those who wear crowns. BOL to both of U.

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12096

Hey Jelly one more item. Think you should have the option to bump up a play to $4 w/p. So default $2 w/p if you want to raise the stakes just put a 2X or $4 w/p note next to the specific play. thx.
    Ok, thanks for option. All of my real plays are win bets only or exacta box. I don’t do place or show bets so no need to calculate that. Also, like I told ez, I don’t have time to post every single play I make due to life circumstances, and sometimes if I post earlier plays, I won’t play them if the value isn’t there come post time. Just wanted to give these heads up to all.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Jellymancan View Post
    Ok, thanks for option. All of my real plays are win bets only or exacta box. I don’t do place or show bets so no need to calculate that. Also, like I told ez, I don’t have time to post every single play I make due to life circumstances, and sometimes if I post earlier plays, I won’t play them if the value isn’t there come post time. Just wanted to give these heads up to all.
    OK jelly sounds good so all plays just $2W default unless you specify $4W. I will grade and run the numbers after the day is done so any plays you want to cancel just specify them if able to. Good Luck.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by boa12 View Post
    jelly like mr spock up or down in the sport of those who wear crowns. Bol to both of u.
    thx boa12

Easy-Rider 66

4/18

Invest 24/Return 0

Jellymancan

Didn’t play Miss Bourbon at AQU everything else listed was played.

Easy-Rider 66

How do you want to handle that scenario Jelly? Protocol is that you would have to specify non play before they jump. However I do believe you when you say you did not play that horse for real $$$. If you want to do after the fact all good. But what about if you feel like posting but not betting your plays. Nothing wrong with that too. Hit me back thx

Easy-Rider 66

A large majority of plays I have posted here at SBR were mythical in nature as pari mutual wagering was not legal in my state. That is one reason I started playing contests online

Easy-Rider 66

I think the fairest thing to do is let those plays ride Jelly. Don't forget someone may have tailed your play and they can't cancel the wager now. If you say before they jump no play all good. My 2 cents but your call. Thx

Jellymancan

I don’t care either way ez. I don’t have the time to post, then update posts as much anymore. Priorities. I’m not going to lie about what I do that’s not who I am, but grade anyway you feel is fair. It’s all good. I’m not going to lose sleep over it. I’m just here to learn from guys like str, j and others and share my thoughts/picks.

Easy-Rider 66

I don’t care either way ez. I don’t have the time to post, then update posts as much anymore. Priorities. I’m not going to lie about what I do that’s not who I am, but grade anyway you feel is fair. It’s all good. I’m not going to lose sleep over it. I’m just here to learn from guys like str, j and others and share my thoughts/picks.
    OK Jelly good deal. Let's let it ride then. Like I said a large majority of the plays I have posted and tracked were mythical in nature. And Like I wrote post #1 you are a good handicapper and overall you will do well. IMO. Saves you the time and effort to have to specify what was played too. Good luck.

Easy-Rider 66

Didn’t play Miss Bourbon at AQU everything else listed was played.
    Hey Jelly on this Miss Bourbon horse She went from 6/1 ML bet down to 3/1. Not too bad. But if you want to say in advance any horse bet down below 2/1 or say 5/2 (you name the odds cutoff) is a no play we can do that. I don't play odds on ponies either as like you am looking for a decent price. Let me know thx.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 04-19-24 at 04:06 AM.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68629

I have found that posting horse plays is really difficult mainly because last minute decisions based on odds or something seen late can change the ticket. It’s different IMO than other sports.

If anyone can post well prior to post time and be + they get a huge tip of the cap from me.

Best of luck Jelly. I’m rooting for you!

Easy-Rider 66

Agreed STR good points. But I think anything at track rake or better is good capping. And I have full confidence that Jelly will fare well here. I have seen him cap for years and he is on point imo. Thx

Jellymancan

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    I have found that posting horse plays is really difficult mainly because last minute decisions based on odds or something seen late can change the ticket. It’s different IMO than other sports.

If anyone can post well prior to post time and be + they get a huge tip of the cap from me.

Best of luck Jelly. I’m rooting for you!
    Correct. That’s why I usually bet in real life and post on here closer to post and will do so going forward. Too many variables. I don’t play every single play I post when I post early. I mentioned that before and to ez.

Jellymancan

Hey Jelly on this Miss Bourbon horse She went from 6/1 ML bet down to 3/1. Not too bad. But if you want to say in advance any horse bet down below 2/1 or say 5/2 (you name the odds cutoff) is a no play we can do that. I don't play odds on ponies either as like you am looking for a decent price. Let me know thx.
    Most of my plays will be close to post so no need to worry. Let’s move on.

Easy-Rider 66

Most of my plays will be close to post so no need to worry. Let’s move on.

Easy-Rider 66

OK Jelly got shut out yesterday but came back with a vengeance today. a 16/1 & 22/1 winners and a $311 ex scored.

4/19: invest 26/return 394.16

Easy-Rider 66

YTD:
    Invest/return

50/394.16

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4584

Just saw this; great job Jellyman; hopefully you will continue to post!!

Easy-Rider 66

4/20: invest 40/return 0

YTD: Thru Breeders Cup 2024
    Invest/return

90/394.16

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10376

GL on Sunday Jelly, thanks for taking the time to post.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9560

like to make a suggestion to the bet sizing..if you are betting 2W then a 2XB is too much..you are chasing odds in the exacta (factoring 4 investment) that are probably on average 2-3 times higher than the win bet..I feel the win bet should be about 50- 100 % more than the ex box bet..that's more realistic ..you could go 6 win and 2xb or less aggressive 4W and 1xb..amounts don't matter as it's the ratio that counts ..still early on in this so making adjustments wouldn't be too difficult

whatever you decide (including leaving things alone) ..bol jellyman

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    like to make a suggestion to the bet sizing..if you are betting 2W then a 2XB is too much..you are chasing odds in the exacta (factoring 4 investment) that are probably on average 2-3 times higher than the win bet..I feel the win bet should be about 50- 100 % more than the ex box bet..that's more realistic ..you could go 6 win and 2xb or less aggressive 4W and 1xb..amounts don't matter as it's the ratio that counts ..still early on in this so making adjustments wouldn't be too difficult

whatever you decide (including leaving things alone) ..bol jellyman
    THX for your input JBEX. Yeah when we run contests the max limit on Straight wagers is higher than ex positions(and low Max limit on ex) So I do agree with the JBEX take. But up to you jelly. Look over the JBEX proposal and let me know how you want to proceed. If you would rather leave as is No worries. THX Jelly.

Jellymancan

I looked at his post, what do you want to do for W and exbox amounts now?

Easy-Rider 66

I looked at his post, what do you want to do for W and exbox amounts now?
    you want to just go 4W and if you play an ex go $1 ex cold or box. Let me know . thx Jelly.

Jellymancan

you want to just go 4W and if you play an ex go $1 ex cold or box. Let me know . thx Jelly.
    That’s not what I do in real life but I’m fine with whatever you decide. Let’s just stick with something.

Easy-Rider 66

That’s not what I do in real life but I’m fine with whatever you decide. Let’s just stick with something.
    OK Jelly let's just keep it the same as it appears it mirrors your real life play. I understand JBEX's Point but since this is not a contest against others it is a horse of another color. So to reiterate. Default is 2W and $2 ex straight or Box. and you have the option to move to $4W or $4 ex if you so choose. I stepped out again and missed your big hit race 5 at KEE.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 04-21-24 at 02:41 PM.

Jellymancan

Going forward, I’ll propose $2W and $1 ex box. Option of doing $4W as well. This reflects more what I do in real life.

Lastly, up until breeders cup is a long time. I know I’ll take breaks along the way some longer than others. Just to let you know.

Easy-Rider 66

Going forward, I’ll propose $2W and $1 ex box. Option of doing $4W as well. This reflects more what I do in real life.

Lastly, up until breeders cup is a long time. I know I’ll take breaks along the way some longer than others. Just to let you know.
    good deal that is the new plan. No worries Play when you want to. If you take off 2 months so be it. Family and real life situations come before the horse game. Keep up the good work. you are on pace for an impressive record. thx.

Easy-Rider 66

OK jelly I edited post #1 to reflect the changes. I favor your idea and thx to the JBEX for bringing it to the forefront. Good Luck moving forward.

Jellymancan

Sounds good ez. Good luck to you as well with your plays.

Easy-Rider 66

Sounds good ez. Good luck to you as well with your plays.
    OK Jelly thx.

12 Last