mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4548

My Derby Prep plays this weekend

Two Derby Races this weekend in the states (the other one in Dubai- UAE Derby)

Assuming the track is fast, I will be playing the following.

Gulfstream Park - Race 14 The Florida Derby

Probably one of the weakest Florida Derby in recent years that i can remember. The 10- Fierceness (ML 8-5) is the morning line favorite and will most likely take a lot of money. After being upset by the 2- Hades (ML 7-2), a win here will put him back to a strong Derby favorite. Trained by Pletcher, maybe he needed that race after a 3months off?? Not sure, I just don't like his last race. Had to make a decision on whether he will bounce back to his BC Juvenile win form or not.... Domestic Product came by to win the Tampa Bay Derby with 82 Beyer.... 2-Hades running style will probably be challenged even more this big field. So I am going to stick with 9- Conquest Warrior (ML 3-1). I am hoping his odds will go up with Fierceness and Hades taking most of the money. I would be content with 3-1 odds on him. This $1M colt trained by Claude McGaughey should have good target to run at. He won his last race with the same distance at the same track. If he moves up in the mid 90's Beyer speed figure, I think he will win this and should even be a contender for the Derby.

My play:
    $20WP 9- Conquest Warrior (ML 3-1)
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,6,7,11

Total wagered: $76.00

Oaklawn Park- Race 12 The Arkansas Derby (DRF Race of the Day)

7- Muth and 2- Timberlake will take most of the money for sure. My pick for this race will be the 9- Mystik Dan (ML 5-2). As good as Baffert and Cox are, I think McPeek has a real nice one here. He is one of the few Derby horse that has yet cracked the 100 Beyer. Yes, it was on a muddy surface, but he did it with authority. This will be a test for him, he has good tactical speed will be up closer that Timberlake. Muth looks more like a sprinter, and if Bejarano can will keep Time for Truth up close with Muth, Mystik Dan should get first crack at them. If he can duplicate his last form; he should hold off Timberlake. A lot people (including DRF experts Mike Beer and David Aragona) are picking 5-Liberal Arts on top. I just don't see it, it will be his 2nd race off of a layoff; and has every right to move forward. Being son of Arrogate, distance should be no problem. I think Tyler will keep him closer to the pace, I don't think he is better than Timberlake. So I will use him in my trifecta.

My play:
    $20WP 9- Mystik Dan (ML 5-2)
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,5,6,7

Looks like I like the 9 on both races and with the same exacta bet... lol

As always, feel to comment or post your plays, will be much appreciated.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Good stuff, thanks.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

GL Mr. G&T. and THX for the write ups.

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12058

Gl gt!

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Good stuff, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    GL Mr. G&T. and THX for the write ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellymancan View Post
    Gl gt!

<br>

<br>

thanks guys; who do you guys like??

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10173

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post

<br>

<br>

taking a look in the morning!

Easy-Rider 66

<br>

<br>

Have not looked Mr. G&T. may take a peak tomorrow.

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12058

<br>

<br>

Will be looking in the AM. I looked quick and prefer the Oakland card over Gulfstream one.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13899

Probably one of the weakest Florida Derby in recent years that i can remember. The 10- Fierceness (ML 8-5) is the morning line favorite and will most likely take a lot of money. After being upset by the 2- Hades (ML 7-2), a win here will put him back to a strong Derby favorite. Trained by Pletcher, maybe he needed that race after a 3months off?? Not sure, I just don't like his last race. Had to make a decision on whether he will bounce back to his BC Juvenile win form or not.... Domestic Product came by to win the Tampa Bay Derby with 82 Beyer.... 2-Hades running style will probably be challenged even more this big field. So I am going to stick with 9- Conquest Warrior (ML 3-1). I am hoping his odds will go up with Fierceness and Hades taking most of the money. I would be content with 3-1 odds on him. This $1M colt trained by Claude McGaughey should have good target to run at. He won his last race with the same distance at the same track. If he moves up in the mid 90's Beyer speed figure, I think he will win this and should even be a contender for the Derby.

My play:
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,6,7,11

7- Muth and 2- Timberlake will take most of the money for sure. My pick for this race will be the 9- Mystik Dan (ML 5-2). As good as Baffert and Cox are, I think McPeek has a real nice one here. He is one of the few Derby horse that has yet cracked the 100 Beyer. Yes, it was on a muddy surface, but he did it with authority. This will be a test for him, he has good tactical speed will be up closer that Timberlake. Muth looks more like a sprinter, and if Bejarano can will keep Time for Truth up close with Muth, Mystik Dan should get first crack at them. If he can duplicate his last form; he should hold off Timberlake. A lot people (including DRF experts Mike Beer and David Aragona) are picking 5-Liberal Arts on top. I just don't see it, it will be his 2nd race off of a layoff; and has every right to move forward. Being son of Arrogate, distance should be no problem. I think Tyler will keep him closer to the pace, I don't think he is better than Timberlake. So I will use him in my trifecta.

My play:
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,5,6,7

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

I am looking at the PPs now. Will be back to post plays.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Arkansas Derby
    Hard for me to get past the 2 and 7
    #2 Timberlake , Second race off a lay off and nice workouts since his last race
    #7 Muth.... Baffert will have this one ready, Has run well after a layoff
    #5 Liberal arts 6-6 in the money
    #8 Just Steel... In for the coach .. not sure he wants the distance...but hoping he does
    on a side note 3 of the 4 are in my future bets!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevenash

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    Arkansas Derby
    Hard for me to get past the 2 and 7
    #2 Timberlake , Second race off a lay off and nice workouts since his last race
    #7 Muth.... Baffert will have this one ready, Has run well after a layoff
    #5 Liberal arts 6-6 in the money
    #8 Just Steel... In for the coach .. not sure he wants the distance...but hoping he does
    on a side note 3 of the 4 are in my future bets!
    Thanks for posting, Batt33. I do worry about Muth and Baffert. Hoping distance will be his limitation??!!

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68593

Great write ups you guys !

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks for posting, Batt33. I do worry about Muth and Baffert. Hoping distance will be his limitation??!!
    Muth's Oct 7th race was nice so I'm thinking the extra 1/16th wont hurt.
    and that btw was why I went away from Mystic Dan. I'm not sure he wants the distance on a fast track.... May toss him underneath in a trifecta though!

stevenash

Any of these of FS1 or Fox today?

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Thanks

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Any of these of FS1 or Fox today?
    I know that the the Arkansas Derby is on fs2 and I believe the Florida Derby is on CNBC around 3

stevenash

^
    Thanks

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Going to take a shot with the #5 Liberal Arts in the Arky Derby.
    Points Awarded:

stevenash gave Pigpen 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Thanks STR, GL to you if you are playing today.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    I'll tail that.
    (See what I did there)?

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Thanks Pigpen!!

mrginandtonic

My play:
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,6,7,11

My play:
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,5,6,7

Florida Derby

Since the 3 is scratched..

$10Ex 9/2
    $2Tri 9/2/1,6,7,11

Total wagered: $58

mrginandtonic

Ark Derby.... looking at the probable odds.... looks like everybody and their mother is on the 5- Liberal Arts (ML 15-1)

Easy-Rider 66

going with the #1 Frankie's Empire as a shot here in the FLA Derby. 15/1 6 minutes out.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    going with the #1 Frankie's Empire as a shot here in the FLA Derby. 15/1 6 minutes out.
    GL! he is involved in my trifecta!

Easy-Rider 66

GL! he is involved in my trifecta!
    THX 33 like the way he has been running lately. also 2nd on Bris Prime power. Maybe he gets first run on the 2 Hades.

Trainer good with the metrics.

Easy-Rider 66

walk in the park for the #10. LOL.

mrginandtonic

Florida Derby

Since the 3 is scratched..

$10Ex 9/2
    $2Tri 9/2/1,6,7,11

Total wagered: $58
    Looks like the BC Fierceness showed up today..... easy win

Total wagered: $56.00
    Total returned: $0.00

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Ark Derby.... looking at the probable odds.... looks like everybody and their mother is on the 5- Liberal Arts (ML 15-1)

Damn

mrginandtonic

My play:
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,6,7,11

My play:
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,5,6,7

Well, got to rethink my wager on Ark Derby... McPeek and B Hernandez is having a huge day today... and I hate betting on the same connections especially when they have multiple wins on the card already...

mrginandtonic

My play:
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,6,7,11

My play:
    $10Ex 9/2,3
    $2Tri 9/2,3/2,3,5,6,7

Ark Derby... Gonna stick with my plays, but trim it down, and added WP on the 4- Time for Truth

$20W 9-Mystic Dan (ML 5-2)
    $4WP 4- Time for Truth (ML 20-1)
    $4Ex 9/2,3,4
    $1Tri 9/2,3,4/2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Total wagered $58.00

mrginandtonic

Ark Derby... Gonna stick with my plays, but trim it down, and added WP on the 4- Time for Truth

$20W 9-Mystic Dan (ML 5-2)
    $4WP 4- Time for Truth (ML 20-1)
    $4Ex 9/2,3,4
    $1Tri 9/2,3,4/2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Total wagered $58.00
    Baffert.... what can you say

Total wagered $116.00
    Total returned $0.00

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Muth's Oct 7th race was nice so I'm thinking the extra 1/16th wont hurt.
    and that btw was why I went away from Mystic Dan. I'm not sure he wants the distance on a fast track.... May toss him underneath in a trifecta though!
    once in awhile I get a little love

stevenash

once in awhile I get a little love
    You may not nominate a post by the same author today.

12 Last