batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10173

kentucky derby future pool 3

Anything look interesting?
    Bet the 20 Knights bridge
    22 Liberal arts
    04 born noble
    Have some from the earlier pools still in training and well a few multiple sire bets... dang whiskey,,,,
    Good magic, 'into mischief , Meg d oro ,Quality Road, Nyquist, Candy Ride, Justify, Practical Joke and tapit...

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9524

born noble is my pick for this round but one of the other two you picked (knightsbridge) has the same thing going on which was discussed briefly in str's thread yesterday..pedigree there too and in addition he won at churchill downs in early november which is even better than BN's later GP win ..say this because they were 2yos and at that stage give some credit to things done earlier

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13899

I am doing my homework today on these and will post my plays. One that I was very interested in is #7 Catching Freedom. This colt has some siblings that are runners but apparently I am not the only one high on him as he is currently at 28-1 which is bit pricey for my taste. I think Good Magic is promising as a sire. GL gang!!!!

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Born Noble is very interesting. First foal for the dam trained by Pletcher. Current odds @52-1 looks inviting.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Born Noble is very interesting. First foal for the dam trained by Pletcher. Current odds @52-1 looks inviting.
    both he and catching freedom cost a boatload and are by the same sire ..constitution

good magic an elite sire..remember you mentioned him last year

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    born noble is my pick for this round but one of the other two you picked (knightsbridge) has the same thing going on which was discussed briefly in str's thread yesterday..pedigree there too and in addition he won at churchill downs in early november which is even better than BN's later GP win ..say this because they were 2yos and at that stage give some credit to things done earlier
    I took him because of your comments, Like the fact that he is getting back on the workouts as well as knightsbridge, Liberal arts and catching Freedeom. I have Knight and liberal from earlier pools... and with liberal arts odds at 70-1 right now may just bet him again.
    With that being said all others are 7/2..... just thinking about the baffert runners who have not been transferred yet......

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Who did you go with Pig pen?...

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Hit the early p-5 at Sa.... so took a shot and added on.....
    1, 4 ,22,31, 36.....
    Do I hope to win well hell yes..... but sharing and having "pops" being able to share in my bets and give a couple....... well life is too short... dad is 83....
    so... yes I spread my bets.... If I lose well so be it.... but keeps him engaged and "tracking" the preps....and the ever lasting battering between son and father going on...
    Best Future bets I ever hit.... California Chrome and I'll have another....

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

born noble 41
    catching freedom 28
    knightsbridge 26
    liberal arts 72
    locked 18 **

** have pool 2 @ 14

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by batt33 View Post
    Who did you go with Pig pen?...
    Guys I messed up and went to watch the Detroit/T Bay game at a friends house and forgot to jump on my phone and make my plays. I will post the ones I liked:

Born Noble
    Catching Freedom
    Forever Young

Some of the odds finished a tad low. I will just sit back and root for you guys to pop a nice score.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

born noble 41
    catching freedom 28
    knightsbridge 26
    liberal arts 72
    locked 18 **

** have pool 2 @ 14
    just giving final odds on one's that were mentioned..mine are boldfaced

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

born noble 41
    catching freedom 28
    knightsbridge 26
    liberal arts 72
    locked 18 **

** have pool 2 @ 14

gulfstream saturday

R6 #5 born noble (1-1) 2:37

allowance race @ 1 mile on the holy bull undercard..pletcher also has the derby future fav fierceness (3-5) going in the latter
    Last edited by JBEX; 02-01-24 at 05:28 PM.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks for the heads up JBEX! A couple of others I have running tomorrow( that I know of)
    Domestic Product Pool 1 swale stakes
    Liberal arts pool 1,2,3 Southwest stakes

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks for the heads up JBEX! A couple of others I have running tomorrow( that I know of)
    Domestic Product Pool 1 swale stakes
    Liberal arts pool 1,2,3 Southwest stakes
    no problem batts

domestic product is running in the holy bull later in the card

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

oops on DP got my races mixed up!

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Well, I can't complain about how Domestic Product and Liberal arts ran. Domestic Product closing into a slow pace and Liberal arts closing despite so much mud in and on his face that I'm surprised he saw where he was going!
    Nysos ..Wow what a race! asked and he delivered... shut down the final 8th... No doubt he would be the favorite for the Kentucky Derby .... Thanks CDI... for taking some oomph out of the derby trail.....

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Well, I can't complain about how Domestic Product and Liberal arts ran. Domestic Product closing into a slow pace and Liberal arts closing despite so much mud in and on his face that I'm surprised he saw where he was going!
    Nysos ..Wow what a race! asked and he delivered... shut down the final 8th... No doubt he would be the favorite for the Kentucky Derby .... Thanks CDI... for taking some oomph out of the derby trail.....
    nice efforts by both of yours and hopefully fierceness is off the trail ..liked the way mine ran considering a 1 turn mile is the toughest distance/layout combo and he was pressed for 6 furlongs and just missed ..not sure if that's a race that will have taken too much out of him but it is only the 1st leg
    ..locked (another pletcher) will probably run sometime this month and anxious to see him make his 3yo debut

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

I was Hoping Born Noble would get there for my horizontal bet!

Interesting to see the NTRA 3 year old poll, Baffert horse on top as well as Nysos should be.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Hit the early p-5 at Sa.... so took a shot and added on.....
    1, 4 ,22,31, 36.....
    Do I hope to win well hell yes..... but sharing and having "pops" being able to share in my bets and give a couple....... well life is too short... dad is 83....
    so... yes I spread my bets.... If I lose well so be it.... but keeps him engaged and "tracking" the preps....and the ever lasting battering between son and father going on...
    Best Future bets I ever hit.... California Chrome and I'll have another....
    A little bet of # 36 ( timberlake looked good!) on a side note seize the grey didn't run a bad race for the first time back for the "coach"

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

locked will be making his 3yo debut on saturday in the fountain of youth..2nd or a "good" 3rd and he'll probably go forward ..might be a good set up with lots of speed in the race..R14 @ 6:10

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Domestic Product is the morning line favorite for the Tampa Bay Derby, Hopefully he takes another step up!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

Domestic Product is the morning line favorite for the Tampa Bay Derby, Hopefully he takes another step up!
    trying to beat but having him as a derby future is something different .. bol

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

trying to beat but having him as a derby future is something different .. bol
    Cheap entertainment! Yeah the odds for the Tampa Derby are a little low.... I think.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

well sorta like a chip and a chair... Domestic product has a spot if he stays healthy.....

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

well sorta like a chip and a chair... Domestic product has a spot if he stays healthy.....
    exactly .. you're moving forward

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

I am doing my homework today on these and will post my plays. One that I was very interested in is #7 Catching Freedom. This colt has some siblings that are runners but apparently I am not the only one high on him as he is currently at 28-1 which is bit pricey for my taste. I think Good Magic is promising as a sire. GL gang!!!!
    Wow nice run by Catching freedom! I have a little on him in the future bets thanks to you!

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Wow nice run by Catching freedom! I have a little on him in the future bets thanks to you!
    Hey batt, glad you have him. I got him @50-1 for the Derby at a sports book. He looked good. I am a bit concerned about his break from the gate. If he falls behind like he did yesterday it will be difficult for him to work a trip and get up on the first Saturday in May. Good luck!!!!!!!

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68593

Hey batt, glad you have him. I got him @50-1 for the Derby at a sports book. He looked good. I am a bit concerned about his break from the gate. If he falls behind like he did yesterday it will be difficult for him to work a trip and get up on the first Saturday in May. Good luck!!!!!!!
    Excellent job Pigpen!
    Very impressive.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Hopefully they school him a little from the gate... switched leads a little better this time than previous races! love our odds!

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO

ran nice pigpen !

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

ran nice pigpen !
    Hey JB, good luck with your futures also!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO

Hopefully they school him a little from the gate... switched leads a little better this time than previous races! love our odds!
    Yes sir, I think we have some value as I believe his odds will be much shorter Derby day and as far as I have heard his next event will be the first Saturday in May!!!!!!