littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

This is one BIG problem with racing

Tampa Race 4 the 10-1 ML Super Edgar #11 bet all the wat down to 2-1 Fav. Breaks through gate runs off a good 1/16th of a mile. They just bring him back load him up and away they go and of course he is empty finishes way way back. Total disregard for the wagering pubic not to scratch these type. For me it worked perfect as I didnt like the race but once I saw him break through and run off I loaded up my whole blance laying him @ 6.0. Layers dream when this happens to the favorite but man its a disgrace for the pari mutual and exchnage backer guys. Really is sick

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Agreed

ConleyPicks
    Capping NCAAF/NFL/NCAAB/MLB
    ConleyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5278

I think there should be a rule of when a horse acts up in the gate he should automatically scratch

The scenarios are:
    a) Horse flips over on back/side/wherever joc or not etc
    b) horse breaks through gate fully
    c) horse refuses to get into the gate (gate crew tried everything they can)

There can be countless others that you can add above but the 3 that I have listed to start are good enough lol I think

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by ConleyPicks View Post
    I think there should be a rule of when a horse acts up in the gate he should automatically scratch

The scenarios are:
    a) Horse flips over on back/side/wherever joc or not etc
    b) horse breaks through gate fully
    c) horse refuses to get into the gate (gate crew tried everything they can)

There can be countless others that you can add above but the 3 that I have listed to start are good enough lol I think
    Yes. The breaking fully through gate and or thrashing and or tossing jock behind or in gate should be auto scratch. As a lay bettor I will gladly take the free money BUT it really is a disgrace and horrible way to treat the horse and the gamblers

ConleyPicks
    Capping NCAAF/NFL/NCAAB/MLB
    ConleyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5278

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Yes. The breaking fully through gate and or thrashing and or tossing jock behind or in gate should be auto scratch. As a lay bettor I will gladly take the free money BUT it really is a disgrace and horrible way to treat the horse and the gamblers
    Like the racetracks always say (excuse or not) "We care for the wellbeing of our equine athletes and we try our best to put the safety first for everyone involved" or something bs like that