littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Belmont Race 3 what a disgrace

work out 2-1 drop rider at gate get loose runs off at least 4 furlongs and they dont scratch. Runs dead last pulled up. Pathetic NY! Thats why sharp guy can make good money Laying on the exchange.....of course I had him in my pick 5

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12022

Yup. Joke, I agree. I see shit like this happen all over and even let them go off if they break through the gate.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Yep agreed comes down to the track rake. scratch that horse and lose the rake on him. I guess it is what it is. $$$$$$$$

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yep agreed comes down to the track rake. scratch that horse and lose the rake on him. I guess it is what it is. $$$$$$$$
    The major US circuits normally are pretty good but that was awful! In UK/IRE they are way more lenient and let them run. I once saw a heavy Chalk slip fall down unseat rider run off good mile and they still let him run....I was Layed my whole roll on that one and he finished up the track

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    The major US circuits normally are pretty good but that was awfulthink! In UK/IRE they are way more lenient and let them run. I once saw a heavy Chalk slip fall down unseat rider run off good mile and they still let him run....I was Layed my whole roll on that one and he finished up the track
    OK KONA. I think if a horse breaks thru the gate he should be a scratch. Those horses hardy ever run well. but it comes down agian to the track rake. imo for sure.

Jellymancan
    Jellymancan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12022

OK KONA. I think if a horse breaks thru the gate he should be a scratch. Those horses hardy ever run well. but it comes down agian to the track rake. imo for sure.
    Agree. Automatic scratch if breaks and if gets loose. Make some damn rules. That would be the easy decison, but too much $ involved.

littlekona

Yes I agree. Though its one of my most profitable Lay angles. Man when I see a low prices horse do that at a betfair track its MAX lay time

Easy-Rider 66

Yes I agree. Though its one of my most profitable Lay angles. Man when I see a low prices horse do that at a betfair track its MAX lay time
    yeah I would do the same if I could.

littlekona

saw (2) today lower priced horese break through gate 1 finger lakes and 1 Pres Isle bothe put back in both wide margin losers

ConleyPicks
    Capping NCAAF/NFL/NCAAB/MLB
    ConleyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5278

saw (2) today lower priced horese break through gate 1 finger lakes and 1 Pres Isle bothe put back in both wide margin losers
    Might be a new rule to implement?
    I would like to see this be a ruling:
    A horse who breaks out of the gate regardless if it was a malfunction by the gate or by the horse itself will be an automatic scratch without question

Also if a horse acts up in the gate and flips the jockey around, breaks through the gate without the jockey, flips within the starting gate or cannot get in with multiple tries (linking arms, snapping whip etc) will also be an automatic scratch without question.

People probably won't like the auto scratch if I can't get their horse in the gate but it did happen in the 2009 Breeders Cup Classic where Quality Road was not budging to go in so the gate crew tried multiple techniques and eventually scratched him so that is a example to show people too
    Last edited by ConleyPicks; 07-05-21 at 07:21 PM.

littlekona

what makes me even more PO'd is when they dont even do the courtesy spin around with the Vet there. At least pretend your looking the horse over and caring for his well being if you dont care about the wagering public

littlekona

here is link of him running off https://twitter.com/i/status/1411390441124159495

ConleyPicks

what makes me even more PO'd is when they dont even do the courtesy spin around with the Vet there. At least pretend your looking the horse over and caring for his well being if you dont care about the wagering public
    Exactly

The big long whip that they sometimes use to "urge" the horse into the gate should be looked at too

No sense whipping the horse multiple times to get him into the gate

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by ConleyPicks View Post
    Exactly

The big long whip that they sometimes use to "urge" the horse into the gate should be looked at too

No sense whipping the horse multiple times to get him into the gate
    I saw that at Pres Isle yesterday some prick gate crew guy going crazy with it. I hate that too! They should just hit dirt up behind horse to urge instead of the horse.

ConleyPicks

I saw that at Pres Isle yesterday some prick gate crew guy going crazy with it. I hate that too! They should just hit dirt up behind horse to urge instead of the horse.
    That's so horrible! I would feel bad for that horse

I mean the dirt is not going to hurt him/her it's just kicking around to get the horse in but when whipping multiple times without success do they ever think "oh I think I should stop"

I just think the whole gate crew long whip should be gone it does absolutely nothing at all besides that person looking like a idiot

Good thing we see eye to eye