sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

How does anyone bet into a negative pool?

I was betting around $250 a race on favorites to show and got an email saying I needed to stop betting into negative pools or my account would be closed. How do these pools get 100-200k to show if these adw accounts won't allow it? Is the money mainly from on track bets?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

unless there is a bridge jumper betting no show pool reaches those amounts. clarify what track are you referring to. maybe a major track but offshore is leery of show bettors as pools can be manipulated.

sdtrader
    Update your status
    sdtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40577

You're right it doesn't happen that often but if there is a bridge jumper the pool can get that big. A pool at Canterbury I bet a couple of weeks ago that had 155k bet to show. I was basically following the bridge jumper betting a couple hundred dollars thinking there would be nothing wrong since I wasn't the one creating the negative pool. But the Adw still takes a loss when you bet into a negative pool I found out. How do the bridge jumpers themselves make these bets if the online US based sites take a loss and want to close your account?