Draynay
    Draynay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

California racing is EXPOSED !!!

After watching Bayern, Kristo, and Midnight Hawk try to win anything outside of California even a couple of low G3 races it is obvious California racing is poor at best this year.

For more than a month I have listened to California people tell me how great Bayern was and how he is Bafferts Derby horse and he can run circles.... blah blah blah

It turns out he is simply not that good.

Churchill was favoring speed on opening day and Bayern set modest fractions at best and couldn't hold on without running other horses into the parking lot. California racing has been exposed.

But California Chrome is different right ? No... he is the best of a very very poor lot of racing horses in California and that will get you nothing in Louisville on Derby Day. CC a threat to win anything outside California ?

I don't think so.....

gravy
    Update your status
    gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13475

Quote Originally Posted by Draynay View Post
    After watching Bayern, Kristo, and Midnight Hawk try to win anything outside of California even a couple of low G3 races it is obvious California racing is poor at best this year.

For more than a month I have listened to California people tell me how great Bayern was and how he is Bafferts Derby horse and he can run circles.... blah blah blah

Churchill was favoring speed on opening day and Bayern set modest fractions at best and couldn't hold on without running other horses into the parking lot. California racing has been exposed.

But California Chrome is different right ? No... he is the best of a very very poor lot of racing horses in California and that will get you nothing in Louisville on Derby Day. CC a threat to win anything outside California ?

I don't think so.....

Im starting to agree with you on this as the California horses really havent faired well outside the state and if Chrome gets a post outside of say gate 12 to 20 I really dont like his chances on Derby day but that is my opinion.This race sets up for a closer as there is alot of SPEED in the race but have to really wait for Wednesday for the post draw before making picks and good luck to you come Derby Day !

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

You conveniently left out Hoppertunity.

Wildcat Red

Draynay

Let me know when Hoppertunity wins anything East of the Mississippi River. I'll wait....

mikemca
    Update Status

Now you change it again...I thought it was just outside California

Let me know when Wildcat Red finishes the Kentucky Derby

Draynay

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

Wildcat Red will finish in front of any horse you pick for sure. I have seen your Keeneland picks and I think most are still running. Wildcat is going to be tough on Derby Day I see my pick General A Rod dueling and beating him to the wire. The rest are running for 3rd.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Bet CC beats Wildcat Red

Draynay

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    Bet CC beats Wildcat Red
    CC won't beat a horse like Wildcat Red.... CC has never seen a horse that fast or that good.

Draynay

Bet CC beats Wildcat Red
    Cali horses have been exposed.... betting CC to do anything in the Derby is nuts at low odds.

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Bet CC beats Wildcat Red
    Way to go out on a limb there.

Draynay

CC ???

CC will not even beat Intense Holiday !!!

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

A lotta speed huh? Seems I've heard that said before.

Draynay

General A Rod will battle with Wildcat Red to the wire !

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    A lotta speed huh? Seems I've heard that said before.

General wins !

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Wildcat Red doesn't have an inner post to say a horse like Vicar's in Trouble, he won't get the lead and thusly he won't show up.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    If Wildcat Red doesn't have an inner post to say a horse like Vicar's in Trouble, he won't get the lead and thusly he won't show up.
    I agree, Post Draw is going to be huge for some of these early horses....WildCat, General, Samraat! It will be interesting to see where Chitu and Harry'sH draw as well. I don't think they can win, but they will play a role if they draw inside and force some of these others off the lead or out wide.

Draynay

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Please watch the Hutcheson...... Wildcat does not need the lead

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I don't think so.....

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

California Chrome just shitted all over your face bro. Serves you right after hating on him the last few days.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19223

Quote Originally Posted by MoneylineExpress View Post
    California Chrome just shitted all over your face bro. Serves you right after hating on him the last few days.
    Yeah, but he's never won by more than 2 lengths outside the state of California.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

So California Racing is not that bad after all. I remember one poster that looked at Santa Anita Derby, the key is the time that Chrome got in the SA Derby. He is just better than the other horses. Now, just makes me wonder how the filly, Untapable. One paper, she might be Chrome's toughest customer.

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

wildcat red certainly was a bust 28 1/4 back. all those 100+ beyers didnt help today

mikemca
    Update Status

Wildcat Red will finish in front of any horse you pick for sure. I have seen your Keeneland picks and I think most are still running. Wildcat is going to be tough on Derby Day I see my pick General A Rod dueling and beating him to the wire. The rest are running for 3rd.

I think I see him now....here he comes

At least he beat one horse ....oh wait that horse was pulled up and stopped

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13784

For someone who had a lot to say he sure is quiet now.

Draynay

My pick for the Derby was Danza and imstill feel he is the best horse. Getting piched at the start, getting slammed into on the first turn and getting stuck behind a wall of horse got him beat not CC who ran the 3rd slowest Derby in 60 years.

mikemca
    Update Status

If you throw enough shyt at the wall some is going to stick...0-5 in this one though

I don't think so.....
    WRONG

VERY WRONG

CC won't beat a horse like Wildcat Red.... CC has never seen a horse that fast or that good.
    VERY VERY WRONG...About as wrong as you can be

CC will not even beat Intense Holiday !!!
    WRONG

General wins !
    WRONG

But hey you had the show horse in a different thread

Sometimes you just have to admit you were way off and move on.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3388

My pick for the Derby was Danza and imstill feel he is the best horse. Getting piched at the start, getting slammed into on the first turn and getting stuck behind a wall of horse got him beat not CC who ran the 3rd slowest Derby in 60 years.
    You Possibly have the Preakness, Belmont, Travers, Haskell, etc to prove that Danza is the superior horse. For right now CC is KING.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    You Possibly have the Preakness, Belmont, Travers, Haskell, etc to prove that Danza is the superior horse. For right now CC is KING.
    Pletcher's history of keeping a Colt sound for that long isn't good.For every 1 horse(Palace Malice) I can name 3 or 4(Eskendereya,Uncle Mo,Verrazano,etc...) that he ruined.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see the stallion page DANZA---Arkansas Derby Winner/3rd in Kentucky Derby next season

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

No excuses for Danza. It is not a 6f sprint we're talking about here, all horses have plenty of time to recover from always crazy start and get position. Danza got a great inside ground-saving spot until he bolted out to the 5 path impeding Wicked Strong and others late in race. Vicars and Harrys Holiday had much tougher trips inside by comparison.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

If you throw enough shyt at the wall some is going to stick...0-5 in this one though

WRONG

VERY WRONG

VERY VERY WRONG...About as wrong as you can be

WRONG

WRONG

But hey you had the show horse in a different thread

Sometimes you just have to admit you were way off and move on.
    Draynay buried here. Needs to walk away.........quickly.

mikemca
    Update Status

Pletcher's history of keeping a Colt sound for that long isn't good.For every 1 horse(Palace Malice) I can name 3 or 4(Eskendereya,Uncle Mo,Verrazano,etc...) that he ruined.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see the stallion page DANZA---Arkansas Derby Winner/3rd in Kentucky Derby next season

Danza is going on a break..

Heard that before

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Danza is going on a break..

Heard that before

you seen that one coming a mile away

Smithjhon77
    Smithjhon77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I think California Racing is not that awful truth be told. I recall one publication that took a gander at Santa Anita Derby, the key is the time that Chrome got in the SA Derby. He is simply superior to alternate steeds. Presently, simply makes me consider how the filly, Untapable. One paper, she may be Chrome's hardest client.