Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Slimpickens Picks of the Day

Wednesday Aqueduct

Race 1- Finders Key #8

Puts the blinkers on should play out to be the lone speed of the race. Just sick and tired of horses like House on Toilsome and Score Boyera who run every few days, pick up checks but never get there picture taken. Score Boyera in particular just had an inexcusable loss as a 9/5 shot just a few days ago.

This is her 2nd race off of a 4 month layoff. In that comeback race she drew the rail. The trainer took the blinkers off for that race. She broke just a step slow the rider then asks for speed to contend for the lead. Only trouble is theres are 2 other riders doing the same thing so a serious speed duel develops. The rider then takes back after using up all that energy and sits 3rd. Then somehow entering the turn she had gotten herself to last. I didnt care for the ride and am glad to see a new rider up today. Its also very likely that she just needed the race.

Her 2 wins over her career have both come 2nd off the layoff same situation as today.

Win 8

Race 7- Swift Taylor #9

A 7th race in which on paper only 4 horses have a chance to win those being # 2Casual Elegance, #7 Cry Holy,#10 Darnley Bay and the horse I like.

The ML favorite Cry Holy has raced in 2 sprints since coming back off of an 11 month layoff. She has beaten 1 total horse so far to the wire. I guess the thinking on her is she's stretching out, putting the blinkers on and has top gate/Speed rider CC Lopez up so they appear to be the speed of the race. If you think she wires the field then good luck with that.

Darnley Bay has been facing very weak fields and I just dont like her but she can win based on the minimal competition here.

Casual Elegance I feel is going to play out to be the "Wise Guy" horse in here. She has been running decent numbers but those races have been mostly on the turf. Never like taking horses off of turf form especially at a short price. She does have one dirt race showing which was a scheduled turf race in which she earned a 67 beyer speed figure which would likely win this. But that race was a field filled with turf horses and I really thought she just sucked up for 2nd as others were tiring badly. With all that being said she is IMO the 2nd likeliest winner.

If your looking at the pp's you will get what Im about to say about Swift Taylor. She broke her maiden last March 1st right here over the inner dirt surface. Since that race she has been for the most part entered in extremely tough spots. Her next 2 races she's up the track routing on the turf. Ok she's not a turf horse.

Next race on June 20th is the race Im keying in on as this race if ran today would crush this field. She had a perfect trip this day and finsihed 3rd against real horses that typically run byers in the mid 70's.

The next 3 races are tough to look at as she only finished in front of 2 horses over that 3 race stretch. 3 back against a better field than she's facing today she encountered a sloppy track, 2 back was wide throughout and against much better in a small stake at Finger Lakes. Last race flashed speed before being eased.

So with all that being said if she runs one of the races she ran in her last 3 races she will be no where here. Theres no denying that.

I like that jockey Junior Alvarado who was the rider when she eased about 2.5 months ago rides back today. I like that her trainer has finally entered her in a race that she fits in. I like the spacing of her public workouts, has been training every week since the begining of November. Like this especially because she was eased last race. With the real lack of competition in this spot if she can run at all anymore she becomes a major contender, and according to the ML she will be the highest price of the 4 that can win.

Win on 9
    Last edited by Slimpickens; 12-18-13 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Spelling

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3508

Good write-up. I assume this will be an on going thread?

Slimpickens

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Good write-up. I assume this will be an on going thread?
    Thanks. I will try to keep it going if theres any interest in it.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by Slimpickens View Post
    Yeah keep it going when you see something you feel strongly about. You will be sure to get some hits.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

keep posting slim

I always like seeing other's plays and the reasoning behind them

Slimpickens

Friday Aqueduct

Race 3- Allie Sweet 1A

Gonna go with the only "NON Made" horse in this race.

The ML 2nd choice Evandear I dont get at all. Has been sprinting her entire career mostly in the midwest and now she is supposed to be one of the favorites routing in New York?

The ML favorite Majestic Marquet is a dead closer who should have alot left to do in the stretch but will be running on for sure.

i really like Allie Sweet. Comes in 1st off the claim for Rudy Rod and just seems super logical here. Should get 1st run on the 2 and hold off the 5 in deep stretch. Like that Rudy scratched the other part of the entry.

$25 Win on 1A

Slimpickens

Race 7- Bernardo #1 / Warrior Up #9

Not gonna tell you anything that the pp's or the toteboard will tell you here. Bernardo is a very unlikely loser if he repeats any of his last 3 he should crush. Im gonna try and get longshot Warrior Up onto the ticket here. He has done well over the inner dirt track at Aqueduct and prefers 2 turns. Wish they didnt have girlie rider up but what are you gonna do?

$10 exa 1-9
    $1 Tri 1/All/9
    $1 Tri 1/4,5,9/3,4,5,7,8,9,10
    $5 win on 9 just incase

Race 9- Prize Taker #7

Very big long striding and sometimes goofy 3 year old filly here. Despite having 8 career races under her belt this maiden has yet to fully figure out this game. Has had several troubled trips over that span. Last time broke slow and was wide wide but still ran on nicely. I think if the rider can keep her in the game early she should be able to finish up here. The horse she was 2nd too came right back to win her next race. Check out the replay of her last race here, was the #3 this day....

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/videos/...0131113/4/pan/

$15 win on 7
    $3 exacta 5,6,10 with 7

Easy-Rider 66

^ Good call on the #7 Prize Taker. Winner paid $18.60.

Slimpickens

^ Good call on the #7 Prize Taker. Winner paid $18.60.
    Thanks. I will Have a few thoughts on todays races shortly.

Slimpickens

Saturday Aqueduct

Race 5- In The Beat #5

A 5.5 furlong sprint that will feature 7/5 ML favorite Rigby #8. He hasnt raced since the begining of May. Clearly if this guy comes with anything close to prior efforts he would be an easy winner. However I did find a negative trainer stat on Formulator for trainer David Jacobson, over the past 5 years when he has a horse that he claimed last race and has been on the shelf for 180+ days he is 1 for 10 with those returning horses.. With only 3 of those 10 hitting the board. A cause for pause but the horse to beat.

Who I went with here was In The Beat. Last race for the 1st time in his 25 race career he was sent hard to the lead and got into an intense speed duel with the even money favorite in that race Majestic Number. This race ended up falling apart as closers dominated. He actually won the duel to the top of the stretch then tired to finish last. Majestic Number out of this race came back to win and improve his beyer 8 points.

I like when horses who either seem overmatched or are just off form get sent hard to the lead and then tire. Then cut back in distance, drop in class and we should have a much fitter racehorse here today. Hoping he sits 3rd or 4th early saves some ground and is produced in the stretch. One of the speeds #4 has scratched this morning so maybe they will just go to the lead again.

The #11 Superiority is in career form right now and should be on the ticket if playing horizontal exotics. Tri's and Supers.

$15 Win on 5
    $8 Exacta 8-5
    $2 Exacta 10 with 5

Race 6- D' KENNESAW CAT #4

A lukewarm selection here as this race is fairly open. We have a Kiran Mclauglin trained 9/5 ML favorite who I dont like at all especially at her suggested price. I thought the race she is coming out of was very weak in quality and he had no real excuses when losing at odds on 1st out.

I am trying D' KENNESAW CAT who is shipping in from Parx. He finished 3rd on debut making a decent middle move and flattening out late. The 2nd place finisher in that race came back to break her maiden, the winner of that race came back to to run a nice 2nd in an allowance race. I think this race has been the strongest race that any of these has ran in.

Then he have a 3/1Ml 2nd choice 1st time starter Taris. He has been training at Penn National, working bullet drill after bullet drill. Clinton Potts is coming in for this one race as is trainer Todd Beattie. Certainly looks very live.

$10 Win on 4
    $5 exacta box 3,4
    $2 exacta 2,9 with 4

Race 7- Jacks R Wild #3

Absolutely wide open race here. The ML favorite #4 Native Singer just broke his maiden against IMO a very suspect bunch of horses. A race that was contested around 1 turn today it will be 2 turns. The 2nd Choice on the ML is a closing sprinter stretching out for the 1st time. These types generally get over bet but seldom win.

There are 2 legit speed demon type horses stretching out, the ML favorite as well as #6 Joe Mooch. The 5 and 10 will likely show pressing speed so there almost has to be a very competitive early pace here so with that in mind I have landed on ....

Jacks R Wild who is a dead closer. His last 2 races he was placed extremly wide and those races were 7 furlongs. I really think the 2 turns will suit this guy and work against others who may have distance limitations. Alex Solis is getting off of his back which is almost always a plus. I like the post position here as he should be able to save all the ground.

The #7 Sea To Sky also has a huge chance and he will likely get 1st run on the tiring speed.

$15 Win on 3
    $5 Exacta Box 3,7

Easy-Rider 66

Going with your pick of In the Beat race 5 in a DW contest. Last 3 races are not impressive but has the back form and coming down in class. 11/1 5 minutes out

Slimpickens

Going with your pick of In the Beat race 5 in a DW contest. Last 3 races are not impressive but has the back form and coming down in class. 11/1 5 minutes out
    Nope. Didnt anticapate the early pace being quite so lively. The #2 being put into all out out drive 50 yards out of the gate did in In The Beat. The big 6/5 favorite Rigby was a complete no show.

Slimpickens

Thursday December 26th Aqueduct

Race 9- Katmanstu #2

I would have liked this 3 year old gelding regardless of if he was making a barn switch to the Mike Hushion barn or not. That just makes me like him alittle but more. Hushion has superb numbers with new aquisitions. IMO there is no one better in that category. Also goes to his go to bug rider Maunel Franco.

Last race he got absolutely destroyed at the break losing many lenghts early on. Then got himself back into the race and actually made a decent move but was spun about 7 wide into the lane. Even with all the trouble he had he still is only a few points below the main contenders in this race on figs. Without that trouble there is no reason to think he wouldnt have run 8 to 10 points higher. Watch his last replay. Was the #10 horse this day.....

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/videos/...0131122/2/pan/

Really the best of both worlds here as I really like this horse and I despise nearly every other horse in here. Doc Cebu the ML favorite is a valid contender but nothing special. I am hoping these 2 will decide it in the stretch.

The 2nd Choice #4 Grahamandwithers is a turf horse and really did no serious running in his only dirt start. Granted it was against better stock.

I guess the #5 One for Don is supposed to be a pace presence here but he's just not much of a horse as his 1 for 25 record shows. He couldnt cut it in New Jersey now he's supposed to win at NYRA. I dont see it.

Win on 2
    Exacta Box 2,8

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2440

Nice work slim, keep it up

Slimpickens

Saturday Aqueduct

Race 7- Hannibal Lector #6

A very fascinating 6 furlong race here. All of the major barns in New York are represented, from Jacobson,Rudy Rod, Levine and even a horse that will be running 1st time for the Todd Pletcher barn.

1 Tenango 5/2 ML Favorite- This horse is very consistent and is I guess a deserving favorite. I really wonder what kind of a trip he is going to work out from the rail. Most of his races are at 7 furlongs and further so I expect him to be mid pack and make a run in the stretch.

2 Private Tale 8/1 ML - Here is the trainer change horse going out 1st time for Pletcher. On his best he is a major player here. I suppose the tote board will be the best indicator of if he is ready for his best today.

3 Isthmus 15/1ML- Seems like the likely quickest horse out of the gate. Im going against I just dont think he's good enough but there isnt a ton of early pace so he could be involved in the finish. I just think that theres too many horses that are superior to him on ability.

4 Sensational Slam 20/1ML - He won 2 races back at 39-1 and won his last race as well at 40-1 odds!! Was against cheaper stock though and I just cant see it against this level.

5 Haverhill 6/1 ML - He has a handful of races over his 31 race career that are fast enough to make him a major player. Figures to get a similar trip to that of the rail runner here Tenango and just dont see Haverhill getting the better of Tenango so i have to toss him here.

6 Hannibal Lector 5/1 ML- This is a horse that I have always liked. His last 3 races have been very similar in which he drops back about 4 lengths and makes a strong middle move approaching the top of the stretch and has been filling out trifecta's and superfecta's for the most part.

Why do I think that will be different today? Well, I am seeing a strong 8th out of 102 4 furlong drill on December 21st which Im taking as a sign that they will be more forwardly placed here today. Also the pace shouldnt be quite as strong as several horses are cutting back in distance in this race so Im thinking the pace wont be as hot. I want the rider to be sitting 2nd or 3rd pass the #3 Isthmus whenever he wants to and then have to hold off the closers. I really feel he is a better horse when situated closer to the pace.

Really keying in on his May 12th especially as well as his June 13th win at Belmont. Was never further than 2 lenghts back and won both of those races against some nice horses. One of which Palace who has turned into a 100 beyer fig type horse. If hannibal Lector is handled properly today he should be a major factor for the win. I also like that he has a hungry 5 pound bug rider up today which could really make a difference here.

7 Malachite 12/1 ML- I really dont know what to make of this horse. He faced some good ones as a 2 year old last winter such as Revolutionary and Transparent. Just won clear off of a 9 month layoff for David Donk but he only faced 4 foes that day and they werent very good. Jose Ortiz taking the mount back is surely a plus.

8 Ravalo 5-1 ML- This 18 time winner certainly has the credentials to win this race but he was just claimed away from top trainer David Jacobson, not that Levine is a bad trainer but still a negative move. A horse that likes to come from off the pace and does pick up bug rider Manuel Franco so he could come runing but Im hoping the pace wont be fast enough for this old pro to close into.

9 Don Tito 7/2 ML - I hope that this 7/2 morning line plays out to be true because I really dont care for this runner here. His win 2 back was a perfect trip win against a field at half the claiming price of this race. This guy is a pace presser generally so Im hoping he is caught chasing wide and drops back in the stretch. Only cause for pause is trainer Rudy Rodriguez who is hitting at over 30% so far over the inner dirt.

Win on 6
    Exacta Box 1,6

If the 2 is live on the board would use him in exacta's as well.

Easy-Rider 66

^ In looking at the sheet numbers (Thorograph free data this week) looks to be a wide open race. Agree that Don Tito looks like an underlay based on recent form. Private Tale has solid back form, but his last 3 races are sub-par. Your Horse Hannibal is in good shape as his last 3 races seem to be the best of his career. If he moves a forward a bit he has a good shot. Will have to check the tote to see where the value is. GL.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 12-28-13 at 05:52 AM.

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9832

the 7 is stratched
    Saturday Aqueduct

A very fascinating 6 furlong race here. All of the major barns in New York are represented, from Jacobson,Rudy Rod, Levine and even a horse that will be running 1st time for the Todd Pletcher barn.

1 Tenango 5/2 ML Favorite- This horse is very consistent and is I guess a deserving favorite. I really wonder what kind of a trip he is going to work out from the rail. Most of his races are at 7 furlongs and further so I expect him to be mid pack and make a run in the stretch.

2 Private Tale 8/1 ML - Here is the trainer change horse going out 1st time for Pletcher. On his best he is a major player here. I suppose the tote board will be the best indicator of if he is ready for his best today.

3 Isthmus 15/1ML- Seems like the likely quickest horse out of the gate. Im going against I just dont think he's good enough but there isnt a ton of early pace so he could be involved in the finish. I just think that theres too many horses that are superior to him on ability.

4 Sensational Slam 20/1ML - He won 2 races back at 39-1 and won his last race as well at 40-1 odds!! Was against cheaper stock though and I just cant see it against this level.

5 Haverhill 6/1 ML - He has a handful of races over his 31 race career that are fast enough to make him a major player. Figures to get a similar trip to that of the rail runner here Tenango and just dont see Haverhill getting the better of Tenango so i have to toss him here.

6 Hannibal Lector 5/1 ML- This is a horse that I have always liked. His last 3 races have been very similar in which he drops back about 4 lengths and makes a strong middle move approaching the top of the stretch and has been filling out trifecta's and superfecta's for the most part.

Why do I think that will be different today? Well, I am seeing a strong 8th out of 102 4 furlong drill on December 21st which Im taking as a sign that they will be more forwardly placed here today. Also the pace shouldnt be quite as strong as several horses are cutting back in distance in this race so Im thinking the pace wont be as hot. I want the rider to be sitting 2nd or 3rd pass the #3 Isthmus whenever he wants to and then have to hold off the closers. I really feel he is a better horse when situated closer to the pace.

Really keying in on his May 12th especially as well as his June 13th win at Belmont. Was never further than 2 lenghts back and won both of those races against some nice horses. One of which Palace who has turned into a 100 beyer fig type horse. If hannibal Lector is handled properly today he should be a major factor for the win. I also like that he has a hungry 5 pound bug rider up today which could really make a difference here.

7 Malachite 12/1 ML- I really dont know what to make of this horse. He faced some good ones as a 2 year old last winter such as Revolutionary and Transparent. Just won clear off of a 9 month layoff for David Donk but he only faced 4 foes that day and they werent very good. Jose Ortiz taking the mount back is surely a plus.

8 Ravalo 5-1 ML- This 18 time winner certainly has the credentials to win this race but he was just claimed away from top trainer David Jacobson, not that Levine is a bad trainer but still a negative move. A horse that likes to come from off the pace and does pick up bug rider Manuel Franco so he could come runing but Im hoping the pace wont be fast enough for this old pro to close into.

9 Don Tito 7/2 ML - I hope that this 7/2 morning line plays out to be true because I really dont care for this runner here. His win 2 back was a perfect trip win against a field at half the claiming price of this race. This guy is a pace presser generally so Im hoping he is caught chasing wide and drops back in the stretch. Only cause for pause is trainer Rudy Rodriguez who is hitting at over 30% so far over the inner dirt.

Win on 6
    Exacta Box 1,6

harthebar

i think that RAVALO WILL BE TOUGH IF HE DOSENT GET STRATCHED .........HIS LAST RACE WILL HELP HIM OFF VERY FAST FRACTIONS AND A VERY SHARP HORSE, SO THATS MY PICK, ....
    Saturday Aqueduct

Win on 6
    Exacta Box 1,6

Slimpickens

Good luck hart. I was glad to see the 7 scratch a likely pace presence. Pace should be soft for this caliber of horses. You think Ravalo will be more forwardly placed today? He used to have speed but as he has gotten older he has turned into an off the pace type.

harthebar

If you watch the replay of his last race ,dads cap just took off ,, set very quick pace, he necver had a chance from the start, and coming off a layoff.....and i dont know what you were looking at, but ravalo was stratched his 3 races before that ...i dont know why, but i think he needed that race , but its horse racing and he has beating these guys before..
    Quote Originally Posted by slimpickens View Post
    good luck hart. I was glad to see the 7 scratch a likely pace presence. Pace should be soft for this caliber of horses. You think ravalo will be more forwardly placed today? He used to have speed but as he has gotten older he has turned into an off the pace type.

Slimpickens

Where was the speed horse? Last early. Hardly the trip I was hoping for.

harthebar

is was a weird race,,,

Slimpickens

Gulfstream Saturday 1/4

Race 5 Dreamingoflawrence #7

Dont usually get to exited about 1st time starters but this one looks live and this field looks prime for a 1ster. I guess his main competition is the ML favorite #6 Coro Coro. He has had his chances though.The one Im most concerned about is the rail horse Concord Cat who was bet down to 2-1 in his debut only to never lift a hoof and finsih dead last.

Dreamingoflawrence has already been gelded so he should have his mind on racing and comes from a top outfit concerning young horses. I really like the outside post draw here.

Gonna try and get live to him in a pick 4 starting in race 2

Race 2-6,7,8
    Race 3- ALL
    Race 4- 1,7
    Race 5-7

Pick 4 thoughts.
    In the 2nd gonna go with the 3 favorites on the outside. If the 1 or 4 who are coming off long layoffs take significant money I would use them as well.

in race 3 i thought the favorite on the rail was vulnerable and these are young horses eligible to improve so I just bought the race. Only 6 horses.

In the 4th race I just have a real hard time getting past the 2 Tampa shippers.

18 dollar ticket on a 50 cent base.

Race 7 Grenoble #3 BEST BET

A class play here. This horse has been facing better horses in the northeast and is taking a big drop in class here. Had legit excuses 2 last 2 races. 2 back was wide on a track with a strong rail.The last race at laurel never even came close to sniffing the rail. Was just way to wide in a big feild.

I know the 2 ML choices quite well as they have done the majority of there running in NY. The #9 Love That Kelly finally found the right field and broke her maiden with an absolute dream trip last race. The ML choice #8 Sands of Humor did no real running last race while saving ground the whole way. Her races in NY leave little to be desired.

Grenoble is far from a superstar but I think she may have found the right field today.

Win bet on 2 and will use exacta's with the foreign import Legenda Aurea and layoff returning Starship Pegasus.

Late Pick 4

Race 8- ALL
    Race 9- 1,7,12
    Race 10- 2
    Race 11- 5,8

Quick thoughts. I guess the Pletcher duo will dominate the betting in the 8th but I thought some of the others appeared live. Decided to buy the race as I am light in the remaining legs.

In the 9th should be a quick pace with Silverette stretching out among other pace types so I went with 3 off the pace types and feel good about getting through this leg. Always glad to watch one of my favorite horses Deanaalen'skitten run the #7 here. Has only ben off the board in 2 of 20 races. This is a tougher spot than he is used to though.

In the 10th gonna single Trail Blaze as the 2nd choice on the ML. Lots to like here comes out of a live race. The 2nd through 5th placed runners havent been worse than 2nd in there next race with 2 winners. I just dont trust Corfu who really hasnt improved since his maiden win at Saratoga last July. Hoping Trail Blaze is the trip horse here and probably the best horse as well.

In the 11th just chalked it out with the Pletcher dropdown and the well bread 1st time starter.

30 dollar ticket on a 50 cent base.

Good Luck Today!!

Slimpickens

Aqueduct Saturday 1/4

Race 1- Pegasus Baba #3

2nd time starter, stretching out in distance. 1st race was pretty green and never seemed to get comfortable. Puts the blinkers on here and against this hungry field deserves a big look. Should be forwardly placed here. The #1 Knockout Beauty also interests me as she flashed speed in her initial start. A race that ended up falling apart late. Even the #7 Vindication Spot deserves a look. Comes in 2nd off of a layoff and is back in with fillies here today.

Win on 3

Race 4. If you refer to the 1st post in this thread I picked Finders Key and she dissapointed in a big way. Really just interested in seeing how she does here in a similar spot but a race filled with front running types. Sometimes in a race filled with so much pace the horse that is driven to get inside position is tough to beat as the others are put into chase mode. She must avoid a serious duel at all cost.

Will make a small play on her here

Win on 2

Race 9- Guyana Princess #11

Comes in 1st of the claim for trainer Michelle Nevin. She does well with new claims. Im glad someone finally reached in and claimed this gal from low percentage trainer Dennis Lalman. Ive always thought Princess had some ability now she has a solid trainer and upgrade in rider. Appears all systems go.

Good Luck!!

Easy-Rider 66

Good Write-ups Slim. Will take your opinions into consideration today.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13743

Thanks Slim! I'll start checking more. I can only come with the occassional pick by eye sight and love to watch/play so picks much appreciated.

Slimpickens

Gonna try a couple over the next few days that all ran in the 5th race at Aqueduct on January 10th. There was an extremely stong gold rail this day and these 3 runners were all wide that day. The 4th place finisher in this race came back to improve her beyer 22 points whiling winning at nearly 8-1. The last place finisher came back to improve 13 points and finish 2nd at 7-1.

Thursday 1/23 Aqueduct

Race 3 Matching Skies

Wont be much of a price in this spot but seems the primary danger to the speedy Insolvent. Matching Skies was on the hard outside chase on Jan 10th. Her race 2 back would likely make her a winner and Insolvent is a bit dressed up as she beat a field pretty weak for the level last race.

Friday 1/24 Aqueduct

Race 7 Run a Dubb Dubb

Was the 5th place finisher in the Jan 10th race. Had post 9 that day and was wide the entire race. Actually ran well I thought to be 5th considering her trip. I really think she should sit a good trip today. I am hoping the 2 dead send speeds hook up in a duel Dixie Sparkle and Julesco. Run a Dubb Dubb should be sitting 3rd or 4th hopefully the rider can manage to save alittle bit of ground from another wide draw. Should get the jump on the 2 ML favorites Guyana Princess who is the horse to beat off the Michelle Nevin claim as well as SusAnnmaries Gold whom should be launching from the back of the pack.

Saturday 1/25 Aqueduct

Race 7 Prize Taker

If you like can refer back to post 7 in this thread where I liked this horse 2 back. Was one of the few bright spots of this thread thus far. Anyway she too comes out of the Jan 10th race where she finished 6th. She broke slow was wide never really did much but did finish up strongly. I am glad the connections are stretching her back out here as I think she is crying out for more distance. She is a very large and long striding 4 year old filly.

All 3 of these were against the bias let see how they do. Probably looking forward to Prize Taker the most not sure what price she will be ML not out yet for Saturday. Runn A Dubb Dubb will be a big price. Matching Skies wont be much of a price as there are really only 2, maybe 2.5 horses that can win. If she is twice the price of Insolvent I will bet her to win.

DMMcGarry07
    DMMcGarry07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I love the horses and enjoyed all your write ups! I look forward to the next few thanks Keep it up if you can.

Slimpickens

Racing was cancelled for Friday at the Big A and the race with Runn a Dubb Dubb has been re written for Monday's race card. 2nd race Horse #6

Even looking forward to Prize Taker in Saturday's 7th race more now that another horse that was against the bias has come back to win and improve his beyer 22 points which was Matching Sky whom returned a generous 4-1 on Thursday.

Saturday 1/25

Race 5 Merryland Moon

Last race she made a mess of the start and got shuffled back to last. Made a strong sustained outside middle move and nearly got up for 3rd. IMO she was the 2nd best horse out of that race by a mile. She had blinkers on last race so hoping she will be able to take advantage of them here as she should be more forwardly placed and get the jump on the 1st and 2nd choice on the ML Blossom's Trail and Just do it Please. Not much else to be afraid of at all in here. Here is a link to the replay of the race. Be sure to check out the head on view as well as you can see what happens at the start better.. Horse 7 that day... (Copy and paste)
    Or can click the link from post 7 of this thread to take you to the replay page. The replay is from January 4th race 9.

http://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/videos/race-replay/AQD/2014/20140104/9/pan/

Sunday 1/26 Aqueduct

Race 5 Go Olivia Go

Last race she was given a no chance wide run under CC Lopez. Was 3 to 4 wide the entire trip finishing 4th. The winner this day sat a dream trip covered in behind horses. The favorite this day also sat a ground saving trip stalking in behind the pace setters and finished 3rd. Twillerbee whom is the ML favorite in todays's race was 2 wide on the pace the whole way and finished 2nd. Was a solid effortt but she really had a super trip and I dont expect her to repeat it here. If youd like to see a replay of the last race on the replay page I posted above go to January 18th 9th race. Twillerbee was horse 7 and Go Olivia Go horse 8 that day.

I like the rider change to a bug getting the weight break. The trip I am hoping for is for her to sit right behind Twillerbee and take over in the stretch.

So to recap in order here is what Ive got at Aqueduct over the next few days.

Saturday Race 5- Merryland Moon
    Saturday Race 7- Prize Taker
    Sunday Race 5- Go Olivia Go
    Monday Race 2- Runn A Dubb Dubb
    Last edited by Slimpickens; 01-24-14 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Add

Slimpickens

Merryland Moon for some reason scratched out of the 5th, and after seeing it run I gotta wonder why? Such an easy spot. The rail also appears to be golden again today.

Slimpickens

Prize taker was a dissapointing 4th but again was against the rail bias. Will be another play back. Concealed a horse that always goes to the lead and tires wires the field with the help of the gold rail. Should be plenty of playbacks from this card of runners who were caught wide.

Slimpickens

Going to try and post my results more often, though Im sure anyone who wants to know knows.

1/23- Matching Skies Won Paid $10.00
    1/24- Racing Cancelled
    1/25- Prize Taker 4th
    1/26- Go Olivia Go Win Paid $12.00

Anyone who has been playing Aqueduct the last 2 days knows there has been another extreme rail bias. Hopefully the track maintenence will have done something to the track to make it fair today.

On yesterdays track Runn A Dubb Dubb running in todays 2nd may be up against it as she has another wide draw and may get caught chasing. We will see.

Dont want to post any more picks other than her this far in advance because theres no telling if there will be a fair surface or not. Good luck if playing today!!

Easy-Rider 66

Thx for the info on the rail bias at the Big A. STR has addressed this recently on why this happens. Going against you in the DW contest today. GL.

Slimpickens

I see you entered in the contest. Good luck today!! Hopefully the track will be fair today, the last 2 days the rail has been as golden as I have ever seen at a racetrack.

Slimpickens

Tough to tell about the bias so far. 1st race was a wide closer but very low quality horses. 2nd race wire to wire winner on the rail whom was tough to like on paper.

Run A Dubb Dubb a no excuses 3rd as she spent a good amount of time on the rail. Should have been placed closer to the leader in the early stages IMO.

12 Last