Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post

you have to be very sick to bet on dog races

almost as bad as Harness racing

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

davidchong..send that line over or pm most interested in the sites you now of..

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    correct, but even a couple steps below that. one has to be in a very grim place in life to bet on dog races.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11818

I use to go to Wheeling Downs all the time. I was aa number bettor. Now i hear they got slots to keep them going. I use to bet $3perf 2/4 bx, q 5/7 5/8 6/8 box and tri bx 2/3/6

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I use to go to Wheeling Downs all the time. I was aa number bettor. Now i hear they got slots to keep them going. I use to bet $3perf 2/4 bx, q 5/7 5/8 6/8 box and tri bx 2/3/6
    Yea they have it all now. Table games, dog racing the whole deal. The slots still run the show though.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

When you're betting on dogs, it's probably time to look into gamblers anonymous.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

You are betting on abused laborers. Could not bare to help that industry, with my sure losing tickets.

cody44
    cody44's Avatar Become A Pro!

why all the negative comments been playing dogs for 20 years and have done quite well it takes time and effort,watching replays,money management. perhaps i'll post some winners in the future

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    why all the negative comments been playing dogs for 20 years and have done quite well it takes time and effort,watching replays,money management. perhaps i'll post some winners in the future

Because gambling has a degenerate scale. On one end, you have harmless entertainment like the $20 office fantasy football pool and maybe microstakes poker. The other end is mega -EV socially toxic gambling like $20 slot pulls in Reno and abused dogs running around a track. Most of us are somewhere in the middle and rationalize our habits through situational ethics - i.e. I like gambling, but at least I stay away from the dog track!

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23765

Ebay almost always has books up for bid on Greyhounds, discount prices.
    Also you may want to check Amazon for some reviews of the books.
    Best of Luck, and they're great entertainment, enjoy.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    Because gambling has a degenerate scale. On one end, you have harmless entertainment like the $20 office fantasy football pool and maybe microstakes poker. The other end is mega -EV socially toxic gambling like $20 slot pulls in Reno and abused dogs running around a track. Most of us are somewhere in the middle and rationalize our habits through situational ethics - i.e. I like gambling, but at least I stay away from the dog track!
    why are you so sure it is "mega -ev"? i am way up lifetime betting dog races.
    and why are you so sure the dogs are abused? wisconsin had some great adoption programs, and i knew some greyhound owners who were all really decent fellows that wouldn't hurt a flea let alone a dog.

not sure what would be "socially toxic" about betting $2 on a dog race when my health insurance costs $1000/month.

Hankwins
    Hankwins's Avatar Become A Pro!

horse racing is extremly hard! dogs are easier to pick winners and more entertaining to watch. what a bunch off goofballs to say someone is some sort of lowwlife for betting dogs. Time take self righteous ass off a gambling forum.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Please , one runs unabated, the other has a humans hand on it.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    Exactly. Way easier cuase the game was healthier in the 80's but time, effort, and some knowledge and oh yes MM. BOL! PM me if you wish. I might be able to help.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    why are you so sure it is "mega -ev"? i am way up lifetime betting dog races. and why are you so sure the dogs are abused? wisconsin had some great adoption programs, and i knew some greyhound owners who were all really decent fellows that wouldn't hurt a flea let alone a dog. not sure what would be "socially toxic" about betting $2 on a dog race when my health insurance costs $1000/month.
    Yep!

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

davidchong

send that line over or pm most interested in the dog racing sites you know of..

davidchong
    davidchong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

cant post..... i will get ban..... SBR already dissable my PM and i dont want my account dissable.

carparts1000
    carparts1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

when you start betting on dogs. that's when you know you have a problem.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Shooting dice behind a greyhound station for cigarettes is as close as I've gotten...

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17772

Play the dogs every Sunday at the OTB. Play Palm and Naples.

Used to love going to Sodrac Park in North Sioux City SD.

Anyone ever been to Sodrac?

First 12