john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

The sheets at Thorograph.com

Thorograph sheets is a nice handicapping tool. Good site with free info such as race of the week analysis based on the sheet ratings of each horse. The sheets are expensive, but you can buy a single race for $5. If you sign up, the site also let's you review the data the next day for free. Thorograph's breeders cup analysis for the all 15 races costs $25. I used that info this year to get a live Court Vision at 63/1. Check it out.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

They were on Goldikova/Courageous Cat in the turf mile. Court Vision was a fit on figures but so was most of the field so it was more of a guess by you rather than something their numbers pointed towards.I used them exclusively in 2010 and did well but it takes time to learn how to read the sheets.Its not something you are going to figure out in a race or two.Plus beating the takeout alone is hard enough in this game and adding another $25 to $50 a day on top is going to prove insurmountable for most recreational players.I found their information to be most accurate/better than most at turf routes and just the same/if not less than at dirt sprints.In 2011 I switched to a different method and have done just as well but the bottom line was better because I didn't put out so much money for pps.

In the end at the price they charge their information is best for someone in the claiming game or looking to make a private purchase.

john230

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    They were on Goldikova/Courageous Cat in the turf mile. Court Vision was a fit on figures but so was most of the field so it was more of a guess by you rather than something their numbers pointed towards.I used them exclusively in 2010 and did well but it takes time to learn how to read the sheets.Its not something you are going to figure out in a race or two.Plus beating the takeout alone is hard enough in this game and adding another $25 to $50 a day on top is going to prove insurmountable for most recreational players.I found their information to be most accurate/better than most at turf routes and just the same/if not less than at dirt sprints.In 2011 I switched to a different method and have done just as well but the bottom line was better because I didn't put out so much money for pps.

In the end at the price they charge their information is best for someone in the claiming game or looking to make a private purchase.
    You make some vaild points. On Court Vision, the analysis I purchased said that the horse fit on numbers like you said, and has been solid throughout his career. I may have been lucky but it was value at 63/1 based solely on this analysis The info is expensive, but Jerry Brown provides free info on his site as well, like the race of the week. They also have a forum where you can get valuable info. Not recommemding people shell out money, but it is an interesting site. The only time I buy the info is Derby day and for the Breeders Cup. It was well worth it last year.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

For value for money - sorry boys but fullcardreports.com is the balls, man !

Every racetrack - every day - the guy works his ass off and he gives detailed computer reports in many forms depending how you handicap.

I have been using the guy for over 6 years and his service is fantastic - only US$27.95 a month for
    every track every day - it is even cheaper if you subscribe for longer periods.

His detailed diamond reports are the dogs bollocks with easy to use spotlights/markers - so if you like
    a specific angle - you just go down the daily cards and a specific angle is easy to find.

I have no connection to the service - just a massive fan, who has made profit from the guy

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    You make some vaild points. On Court Vision, the analysis I purchased said that the horse fit on numbers like you said, and has been solid throughout his career. I may have been lucky but it was value at 63/1 based solely on this analysis The info is expensive, but Jerry Brown provides free info on his site as well, like the race of the week. They also have a forum where you can get valuable info. Not recommemding people shell out money, but it is an interesting site. The only time I buy the info is Derby day and for the Breeders Cup. It was well worth it last year.

Yeah Court Vision was a good pick by you.I'm just saying that field was pretty equal on TG numbers aside from Goldikova and in their seminar they were on the fence with Court Vision saying he might run well but he might not ,they said the same thing about Compliance Officer and those two were behind Goldikova/Courageous Cat/Sidney's Candy.So it was more your take than their numbers.It is definitely very good information especially for someone who plays on just the big days or into buying horses already in training.For the daily player though the price is just too high unless you are betting $1,000+ daily.

Quote Originally Posted by singgooner View Post
    For value for money - sorry boys but fullcardreports.com is the balls, man ! Every racetrack - every day - the guy works his ass off and he gives detailed computer reports in many forms depending how you handicap. I have been using the guy for over 6 years and his service is fantastic - only US$27.95 a month for every track every day - it is even cheaper if you subscribe for longer periods. His detailed diamond reports are the dogs bollocks with easy to use spotlights/markers - so if you like a specific angle - you just go down the daily cards and a specific angle is easy to find. I have no connection to the service - just a massive fan, who has made profit from the guy
    Its really just what fits your eye or style of handicapping.For instance I bet mostly longshots so I like a good set of pace figures that can tell me when a horse hasn't been running as fast as it could.If a horse is running 90 early /87 late with a speed figure of 80 then its pretty much maxed out but if a horse is running 70 early/70 late with a speed figure of 80 then it is capable of much faster and also very hidden.

With Thorograph its finding a progressive pattern that a horse could jump forward off but looks slow on beyers and bris.

john230

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Yeah Court Vision was a good pick by you.I'm just saying that field was pretty equal on TG numbers aside from Goldikova and in their seminar they were on the fence with Court Vision saying he might run well but he might not ,they said the same thing about Compliance Officer and those two were behind Goldikova/Courageous Cat/Sidney's Candy.So it was more your take than their numbers.It is definitely very good information especially for someone who plays on just the big days or into buying horses already in training.For the daily player though the price is just too high unless you are betting $1,000+ daily.

Its really just what fits your eye or style of handicapping.For instance I bet mostly longshots so I like a good set of pace figures that can tell me when a horse hasn't been running as fast as it could.If a horse is running 90 early /87 late with a speed figure of 80 then its pretty much maxed out but if a horse is running 70 early/70 late with a speed figure of 80 then it is capable of much faster and also very hidden.

With Thorograph its finding a progressive pattern that a horse could jump forward off but looks slow on beyers and bris.

I agree that it is too expensive for rec players. But on the big days like the Derby and Breeders cup I believe it is money well spent. If the general public had the info that Court Vision was equal on the numbers why was he 63/1? That's the point- Thorograph might not have predicted his win, but their analysis convinced me that he was worth a shot at 63/1. I threw Compliance Officer out because their analysis said he was coming back on 2 weeks rest. Overall, I think we agree that the Thorograph sheets are a good handicpping resource for the special race days when the rec player may step out a little.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

I'm not a sheets player because of the costs. Still I have respect for those who use them. My first HPWS awoke me to the fact the sheets can be useful. A 30/1 shot came charging home in a Gulfstream Maiden turf event and the noise was deafening. It was as if half the room had the horse. I asked a pro the following day how he came up with the horse. " He had competitive sheets numbers". After that I realized I needed to know who those type of horses were if I was to compete at that level. I wouldn't necessarily use them but I needed to know who those types of plays were.
    I listen to the t.v. cappers who tout on tvg more so if the use the sheets. The two I know of are the Sarg and Vic. Bottom line for me I respect the that type of information but its not a current tool in my handicapping toolbox.