ncat12
    ncat12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

belmont///NEHRO!!!

will Nehro pull out the greatest but whipping at the Belmont , well since you know who, please correct me if you see things differently but I can not see any of these horses giving this monster a go, it is 1mile -n 3/8 correct? , will there be an owner/trainer to enter a 1 and 1a horse's to try and discourage him?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68677

Quote Originally Posted by ncat12 View Post
    will Nehro pull out the greatest but whipping at the Belmont , well since you know who, please correct me if you see things differently but I can not see any of these horses giving this monster a go, it is 1mile -n 3/8 correct? , will there be an owner/trainer to enter a 1 and 1a horse's to try and discourage him?
    It's a mile and a 1/2.
    Why would an entry bother the horse?

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Nehro is going to win by more than Point Given did?

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    Nehro is going to win by more than Point Given did?
    And Secretariat?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9558

Will be tough but don't see much value, likely 3-1 or so?

mikeyg
    mikeyg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any higher than 3-1 would be decent value i think.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

str, do you think Shackleford will hold up here or run out of gas?

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

Nehro going to be overbet i think, i loved him in the Derby and had a great trip but had nothing for Animal Kingdom, could be the same scenario in the Belmont

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    There is no way Shack holds on here, not with Animal Kingdom, Nehro, Mucho Mucho and Master of Hounds. there is just too many waiting to catch him.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Being as pace makes the race and has since the beginning of time, I would wait until the draw and see exactly how the race figures to shape up before making a prediction.

foryourhandicap
    foryourhandicap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1381

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg View Post
    Any higher than 3-1 would be decent value i think.
    I'd definitely want higher than 3-1.

ATP123
    ATP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nakatani was a dumbass in the derby, he will make amends here, no way will he be within 5 lengths of the lead throughout here, cruise turning for home, extra 5 weeks off will be huge against the kingdom

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Shackleford is going to get a soft pace, but I do question going on.

The rest makes Nehro the choice in my mind, but I do not think this is a good betting race. The 3 favorites figure to be tough to beat.

josicoyote
    josicoyote's Avatar Become A Pro!

Animal kingdom is getting ready, workout this morning 1/32.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am rolling with master of hounds i should get 7-1 8-1

ncat12

3-1 will suck...even w/ any kind of exacta(more than likely)will not pay much,totaly agree with the one poster who mention the 5weeks off to prep for just this race (if not mistaken)....along w/ the other poster that mention the pace...one of the reasons I ask if a trainer/owner will put a coupled horse(1 1a) in the race to mess with the pace

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO

3-1 will suck...even w/ any kind of exacta(more than likely)will not pay much,totaly agree with the one poster who mention the 5weeks off to prep for just this race (if not mistaken)....along w/ the other poster that mention the pace...one of the reasons I ask if a trainer/owner will put a coupled horse(1 1a) in the race to mess with the pace
    A "rabbit" half of an entry is an option that trainers use from time to time.
    Very true.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Not sure who has the 'rabbit' to mess with the pace....I don't think a rabbit is needed. Shackleford could be that 'rabbit' the pace is going to be quick, and it will close with Nehro, AK, Mucho Mucho or Master.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9558

Usually look for a new shooter, but not sure anyone is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Gulch View Post
    Shackleford is going to get a soft pace, but I do question going on.

The rest makes Nehro the choice in my mind, but I do not think this is a good betting race. The 3 favorites figure to be tough to beat.

ncat12

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Usually look for a new shooter, but not sure anyone is good enough.
    EXACTLY ...I did not follow these 3 yr olds much, one of the reason I do not know who is out there (rabbit wise) ...although the "ego's" or trainers are always there year in year out

joeyp1222
    joeyp1222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

i have a strong feeling, animal might scratch out of the belmont so they can rest him a little more so he can run in the travers in saratoga where he can do alot of damage
    with that in thought, i think mucho macho man might rebound and take the belmont with nehro 2nd

(my exacta play if ak does not run)

any thoughts on this?

freddues
    freddues's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

What is your best long shot horse?

I remember AK winning the K at 20-1?!

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Santiva is usable and will be long.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Im sure AK will run as he is training fine and the distance will definitiely be in his favor

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Nehro will proly be bet down and personaly will not take the short price on a horse I think will flatten might use deep. I will construct more then 1 wager in this. for a price horse am hoping not to many on santiva and will also use master of hounds, will give the new shooters a look,

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4632

Although I don't hv a good solid choice yet, but I do like Master of Hounds as a long shot. Aidan O'Brien is no joke, he is a very respectable trainer and my memory serves me correctly, he had a runner in the derby before which didnt work out and was sent back home after the Derby. This time MH is sticking around for the Belmont which I think is encouraging.

zou1222
    zou1222's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only thing that scares me about MOH is all this traveling - I know he is well traveled but the back and forth has to wear on him a little.

Will definitely use him though as I see Gomez sitting closer to the pace this time around since there won't be much of it... and MOH did that very well in the UAE Derby.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

MOH same sire as Lemo Drop Kid and ran an indentical derby to Lemon Drop Kid and Lemon Drop Kid won the Belmont. Just sayimg.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4632

Quote Originally Posted by homerbush View Post
    MOH same sire as Lemo Drop Kid and ran an indentical derby to Lemon Drop Kid and Lemon Drop Kid won the Belmont. Just sayimg.
    Yes, I remember that race very well cuz I hit that trifecta (Lemon Drop Kid/Vision and Verse/Charismatic) and it paid over $2K for $1 trifecta box (due to Charismatic broke down near the wire).

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Yes, I remember that race very well cuz I hit that trifecta (Lemon Drop Kid/Vision and Verse/Charismatic) and it paid over $2K for $1 trifecta box (due to Charismatic broke down near the wire).

I hated that charismatic broke down

Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys looking at bloodlines and horse's pedigre also better be looking at Stay Thirsty.......and his new jockey.

Gremlin Lad
    Gremlin Lad's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO ...being tomorrow (Wednesday 6/8) is the Post Position draw, and the weather forecast will now play a major role in the race, I am looking at an upsetter........If Animal Kingdom does race, there connections will be focused on the horse that beat them to the wire in the Preakness..Shackleford.

1 1/2 mile race, post draw really doesnot matter, it is the trip and decisions made by the jockeys during the race that counts.

You now have a jockey switch on two entries. Stay Thirsty and Mucho Macho Man. Both of these jockeys are are on top of the jockey standings at Belmont's current meet. They know the track very well....Both horses are a must use.

Animal Kingdom with John V. has to race the race of his life to date in order to win and personnally I think Graham Motion is worried about the horse faultering.....But the Owners want to have him race....

Shackleford will get a very strong mile or mile and a furlong and start to shorten strides.

Mucho Macho Man is still a "two year old" until after June 14th. This boy is learning what it is all about and he is a big horse that needs a Big Track to race. Belmont fits him to a T.

So Saturday, lets see who leaves, who pushes the pace and who stalks....Muddy track will alter Animal Kingdom's race style from the commits made after the Preakness.

And BELMONT STAKES WEEK STARTS.

homerbush

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Yep big exotic payouts that day. Might be some on Saturday of course without a triple crown at stake you will never get the pools quite as skewed as you would for a triple crown when people are dumping sentimental money instead of brain money.

homerbush

You should avoid horse racing between the fact you don't know the length of Belmont and the fact triple crown races do not have coupled betting interests anymore.

ncat12

well said.....although it all does not matter til the day of when we all get the program and have all the info in front of us ,no need to rely on memory or lack there of once I receive the program / DRF...and then make selections accordingly....as you pointed out to avoid horse racing because of lack of knowledge on 2 parts, for ONE RACE, or I will even give ya 3 for the whole triple crown ...triple crown does refer to three races? (sarcastic for you unusally slow ones)...but to give up on the whole sport because I was wrong about 2 TWO things , well is pretty homerbush or just plain idiotic

12 Last