blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

and was this at the end of a period or the game? if not why did they clear both teams out?

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    meh i've seen worse...besides montreal's fans are despicable...to boo a country's national anthem shows how classless these ignorant fukks are...no offense to you personally rod but living in a state that is connected to canada is like living in the room next to your retarded ginger step-brother...you try to just forget that he's there until he walks in on you and some of your friends banging his hot sister
    So you are justifying a hit that could end a career by stating that its ok because montreal fans are "despicable"

By the way Pacioretty is from Connecticut.

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

To anyone who's saying that the hit wasn't dirty, that it was unintentional, that he didn't know he was about to hit a guy who didn't have the puck on his stick for a whole 3 seconds, that the player he was aiming for was Max Pacioretty, the guy he got in a scrum with at the end of a Montreal win in January, that no suspension is required for Chara to understand the gravity of Pacioretty's condition, that it's simply unfortunate that Pacioretty was near the turnbuckle, that it's OK for this to happen to a Montreal player because their fans are a pain in the ass and what not, fukk you.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

As much as I hate Rod he is right here, this was not so much a dirty hit but more of a sign of no respect for other players in the league (A growing concern in the NHL). He knew exactly what he was doing. There was 15 seconds left in the period and he was at center why not let him just go by, there was no danger of him scoring...... Chara did it because he was pissed they were getting pumped 4-0 and he has a history with Pacioretty.

The hit itself was not dirty, the intend is the problem here. There was a player in a vulnerable spot and Chara took the opportunity to drive him either into the bench or into the "turnbuckle", either way he should be sitting for a couple of games!

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    Fukk u chara u dirty piece of shit
    Anyone who calls that hit a dirty hit obviously doesn't follow or know much about hockey. Those hits happen all the time and are not suspendable.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by FlashinLeather View Post
    So you are justifying a hit that could end a career by stating that its ok because montreal fans are "despicable"

By the way Pacioretty is from Connecticut.
    no i said i've seen worse...and i don't care where the kid is from from when you see chara coming you should be smart enough to give him the puck and get out of his way.

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Wasn't even a hip check, he pushed him into the damn wall.
    You mean boards???

PuckOff

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    holy sh1t he pushed him into that wall full speed. he is gonna be brain damaged, this is sad
    Not wall. It's boards!!!

Just trying to educate.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    As much as I hate Rod he is right here, this was not so much a dirty hit but more of a sign of no respect for other players in the league (A growing concern in the NHL). He knew exactly what he was doing. There was 15 seconds left in the period and he was at center why not let him just go by, there was no danger of him scoring...... Chara did it because he was pissed they were getting pumped 4-0 and he has a history with Pacioretty. The hit itself was not dirty, the intend is the problem here. There was a player in a vulnerable spot and Chara took the opportunity to drive him either into the bench or into the "turnbuckle", either way he should be sitting for a couple of games!
    If the hit wasn't dirty, but the intentions were, wouldn't that make the hit dirty?

You think he really intended to possibly end a guys career? Sure people may not like each other, but I really doubt his intentions were to possibly take the guy out forever.

Post up some more hits by Chara that were dirty, and that would make you think that the guy goes out on the ice every night trying to intentionally end peoples career?

FlashinLeather

Quote Originally Posted by ochenta y cinco View Post
    To anyone who's saying that the hit wasn't dirty, that it was unintentional, that he didn't know he was about to hit a guy who didn't have the puck on his stick for a whole 3 seconds, that the player he was aiming for was Max Pacioretty, the guy he got in a scrum with at the end of a Montreal win in January, that no suspension is required for Chara to understand the gravity of Pacioretty's condition, that it's simply unfortunate that Pacioretty was near the turnbuckle, that it's OK for this to happen to a Montreal player because their fans are a pain in the ass and what not, fukk you.
    "If your opinion is different than mine then **** YOU" good argument...

Last edited by FlashinLeather; 03-09-11 at 09:40 AM.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    Not wall. It's boards!!!

Just trying to educate.

I thought the boards were the things going sideways along the lower part of the rink. I thought the glass was the things on top of the boards.

Sure looked like a wall of some sort or a partition sticking out above the "boards"...But it's apparent you have superior knowledge about the sport

PuckOff

The spot where the Montreal player got hit is referred to as the "end of the partition." The hit is a typical hockey hit. Unfortunate, but those hits happen often in hockey. When I was actively playing hockey, I knew damn well to watch myself along the boards where the glass partition ends near the bench. Those areas are suicide areas. Anyways, the Montreal player should have been ready for that one for sure.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

I thought he hit his head on the "boards"

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    the more i look at this, the more i realize that that wall should not be there like that. i think they should have a curved transition from the bench area to the straight wall

This is a great idea.

Also it was not even close to a dirty hit. Hits like this take place all the time you do that anywhere else on the ice no big deal it was just one of those things wrong place wrong time for the Montreal player.

ochenta y cinco

"If your opinion is different than mine then **** YOU" good argument...

You don't get it now do you? This is not about a battle of arguments or opinions, it's about common sense. There's not much of a debate to be had. It's just a disgusting, malicious intention from Chara. It's vicious, it's an attempt at hurting someone. The guy has been playing pro hockey for like 12 years, the hockey rink is his office. You're telling me he didn't know that the hit he was attempting at full speed on a forward in a vulnerable position was dangerous? Bullshit.

What is the NHL waiting for before taking action for real? For someone to be left paralyzed? For someone to collapse and die on the ice in front of 21,000 fans and hundreds of thousands watching? Sometimes I'm thinking it's what it's going to take in order for things to change.

FlashinLeather

You don't get it now do you? This is not about a battle of arguments or opinions, it's about common sense. There's not much of a debate to be had. It's just a disgusting, malicious intention from Chara. It's vicious, it's an attempt at hurting someone. The guy has been playing pro hockey for like 12 years, the hockey rink is his office. You're telling me he didn't know that the hit he was attempting at full speed on a forward in a vulnerable position was dangerous? Bullshit.

What is the NHL waiting for before taking action for real? For someone to be left paralyzed? For someone to collapse and die on the ice in front of 21,000 fans and hundreds of thousands watching? Sometimes I'm thinking it's what it's going to take in order for things to change.
    Ok we will let gary decide, want to put some points on it? You get over 3 and I will take the under, 3 games is a push. How about 12?

ochenta y cinco

Ok we will let gary decide, want to put some points on it? You get over 3 and I will take the under, 3 games is a push. How about 12?
    Fine. I'm willing to go up to 50 pts...

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

holy fuk.

FreddDS
    FreddDS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

The spot where the Montreal player got hit is referred to as the "end of the partition." The hit is a typical hockey hit. Unfortunate, but those hits happen often in hockey. When I was actively playing hockey, I knew damn well to watch myself along the boards where the glass partition ends near the bench. Those areas are suicide areas. Anyways, the Montreal player should have been ready for that one for sure.
    Should of been ready for Chara to stick out his arm and PUSH his head into the partition? Oh yeah, of course, it's Pacioretty's fault now. Wow, wake up and look at the replay.

FlashinLeather

Fine. I'm willing to go up to 50 pts...
    I'm down with 50, you only have 12 though. Let me know what you want to do and we will make lock it in.

FlashinLeather

Quote Originally Posted by FreddDS View Post
    Should of been ready for Chara to stick out his arm and PUSH his head into the partition? Oh yeah, of course, it's Pacioretty's fault now. Wow, wake up and look at the replay.
    you really didn't have to write anything, I knew what side you were on based on your picture.

FreddDS

you really didn't have to write anything, I knew what side you were on based on your picture.
    My comment was honestly as a hockey fan, and not as a Habs fan. Take it for what it's worth. I'm not being biased just because I'm a Habs fan, but I was waiting for someone to point it out, just based on my picture. No surprise.

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

That was so dirty..game outta hand and he pulls that shit. Too bad no one on the habs can do anything next time they meet..guy is a fn beast.

PuckOff

Montreal player Pacioretty has a broken 4th vertebrae and a severe concussion.. Oh my I guess the NHL will pussy out and throw the book at Chara.

FlashinLeather

Montreal player Pacioretty has a broken 4th vertebrae and a severe concussion.. Oh my I guess the NHL will pussy out and throw the book at Chara.
    wow that really sucks for Pacioretty, Chara must feel like total shit.

PuckOff

I've looked at the footage 63,402 times. There was no attempt to injure. That area is a suicide area. Players get hurt often from being hit into the partition.

Yes it was an ugly hit, but there was no intent.

FreddDS

For someone who's played hockey before, you clearly didn't see the same hit as me. Chara deserves a suspension.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Dirty hit . Everyone in the news complaining . Not only fans from Montreal . These 2 had history and This was pure revenge . The puck was 50 feet away and theres 10 seconds left in the period when he shoves his head there .

10 games min .

PuckOff

wow that really sucks for Pacioretty, Chara must feel like total shit.
    I'm sure he feels a little bad and will likely phone him (most likely already has), but it's a tough, rough sport. This shit happens all the time. This isn't football fellas. This is hockey. It's played on an ice surface, boards, razor blades for skate blade edges and sticks that are often used to injure (slash, high sticking, cross checks etc.)

Rod1010

Unfukinreal . Fukin piece of shit

PuckOff

For someone who's played hockey before, you clearly didn't see the same hit as me. Chara deserves a suspension.
    You're obviously biased!!!

Look dude, it was a hard nasty hit, but there was no attempt to injure. Chara is a clean dman. He's no Pronger that's for sure.

Haven't you seen this type of hit on the end partition before? Seriously??? If you haven't then you don't follow hockey.

Rod1010

1. Chara and Patches have a history.
    2. Puck is long gone.
    3. Time running down in period.
    4. Habs giving it to Boston
    5. Chara is looking right at the stanchion. The 2 players were skating right at the thing for a good distance. He knows where it is. And it wasn't a "rub out", it was a push.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

that was great. can't stand the frogs. my buddy is a frog fan. you never seen a more miserable paranoid loser in the world.

i can hear him whining already.

and big shit frogs won. b's won 6 in a row on the road..streak wasn't gonna last much longer.

kiss the ass of your midget frogs.....

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I think a case can be made for interference since that's a "fuzzy" area in the rules-it's something like two seconds after a player touches the puck you can finish your check. That being said, the hit was shoulder contact from the side and buddy just happened to crank his melon. I would personally say that Chara was introducing the new guy to the bigs but there is nothing you can say about "intent to injure, etc". Five minutes for interference is a totally made up call-I don't understand that in the slightest if that's what the official play was. In any case I feel players need to do a lot more to protect themselves in all situations than they do. Hope the guy is relatively okay. Cheers

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets View Post
    that was great. can't stand the frogs. my buddy is a frog fan. you never seen a more miserable paranoid loser in the world.

i can hear him whining already.

and big shit frogs won. b's won 6 in a row on the road..streak wasn't gonna last much longer.

kiss the ass of your midget frogs.....

Hate on the frenchmen all you want,the guy who got hurt was from long island,you speak more french then him.

Were you also cheering for the wall in that luge accident last year at the olympics.

First 123456 ... Last