1. #1
    Lippsman
    Lippsman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 343
    Betpoints: 393

    Hello everyone I am ready for pucks

    Thought I would start posting some here. Long time lurker, mainly on the book ranking pages. I am on a few other boards on the net but would like to park here also.

    Hopefully we can make some money this year. I do have an advantage though, I have a local that will take correlated parlays on pucks. But I don't juice it too hard as not to raise any eyebrows.

    Look forward to conversing with everyone.


  2. #2
    diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-11-08
    Posts: 19,478

    Welcome to the site...I'm probably going to give pucks a shot for the first time this year. Look forward to some of your insight.

  3. #3
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Welcome to the SBR forum Lippsman!

    Excuse me for not following at all, but when exactly does the pucks season start? It does look breathtaking on High Def cable.

  4. #4
    Lippsman
    Lippsman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 343
    Betpoints: 393

    thanks CrazL,

    It starts Oct. 4th overseas again.

    Out of all of the sports, pucks has such a huge difference with hi-def. Makes it easy for people to follow the puck better.

  5. #5
    Tarvold
    Tarvold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-21-08
    Posts: 22

    Yep. I' hanging out for the Hockey Season. Looking forward to a big one!

  6. #6
    element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-25-08
    Posts: 3,370

    Always use more hockey guys on the forum.

  7. #7
    JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-13-08
    Posts: 2,213

    Im ready for Hockey as well! How much longer we got?

  8. #8
    Lippsman
    Lippsman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-29-08
    Posts: 343
    Betpoints: 393

    Quote Originally Posted by element1286 View Post
    Always use more hockey guys on the forum.
    Thanks and good to be posting here. I post at another place I like to COVER. But wanted to get into more of the tech/math side of things that seem to be talked about over here more.

  9. #9
    Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-09-05
    Posts: 25,171

    It's hard to believe but hockey is just right around the corner. I also can't wait.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/9/2005


  10. #10
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430
    Betpoints: 1157

    I'm chomping at the bit for the return of pucks.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  11. #11
    SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-02-07
    Posts: 37,882
    Betpoints: 6947

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I'm chomping at the bit for the return of pucks.
    Will you be sharing those plays with the rest of us?

  12. #12
    VegasVic
    VegasVic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-07-08
    Posts: 64
    Betpoints: 219

    Add me to the list on the SBR hockey forum. I'm a long time contributor to another hockey forum on a site across the street. They've been down all weekend long....I was jonesing for some intelligent hockey talk and stumbled on this site. I'm impressed with what I see, including the hockey articles from last season.

    I know of Lippsman and bigboydan. Both quality guys in my book and look forward to comparing notes with all of you.

    Let's make it a profitable '08-'09.

  13. #13
    bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 55,430
    Betpoints: 1157

    Long time no see Mr.Vic. Welcome to the SBR forum sir.

    SBR Founder Join Date: 8/10/2005


  14. #14
    fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-14-07
    Posts: 2,888

    I don't know much about hockey, but know that is a good time to make $$$. I'll be looking forward to hearing advice from hockey experts.

  15. #15
    I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-08
    Posts: 3,209

    Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    I don't know much about hockey, but know that is a good time to make $$$. I'll be looking forward to hearing advice from hockey experts.
    I also will be looking forward to everyones hockey advice..

  16. #16
    aknox
    aknox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-08-08
    Posts: 100
    Betpoints: 174

    I'm new to this site all together, and have been taking advice for the mlb and nfl...so far so good. This will be my first season as well playin the pucks. Can't wait. I hear it's easy money.

  17. #17
    JerseyShop101
    JerseyShop101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-08
    Posts: 2,704

    I'm a newbie to betting hockey. Can someone tell me the difference between betting the regular line and the puck line?

    Thanks guys.

  18. #18
    JerseyShop101
    JerseyShop101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-08
    Posts: 2,704

    Also, on correlated hockey parlays. Is it tied to a certain percentage, or always Fav/Over, Dog/Under when the total is a certain number? Any A books take them?

  19. #19
    VegasVic
    VegasVic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-07-08
    Posts: 64
    Betpoints: 219

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyShop101 View Post
    I'm a newbie to betting hockey. Can someone tell me the difference between betting the regular line and the puck line?

    Thanks guys.

    Same as baseball. Money line is a wager for the winner of the game. Puck line is laying a goal and a half or taking the goal and half.


    Also most books offer "three way lines" which are independent wagers on each side or if it will go to OT. Needless to say if you bet on a side with a three way line and it goes to OT you lose your bet.

  20. #20
    VegasVic
    VegasVic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-07-08
    Posts: 64
    Betpoints: 219

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyShop101 View Post
    Also, on correlated hockey parlays. Is it tied to a certain percentage, or always Fav/Over, Dog/Under when the total is a certain number? Any A books take them?
    No not necessarily tied to Favorite and over as in a wager with a spread. Much more of a theoretical angle such as the New Jersey Devils and the under. In the past years this has been a consistent productive angle. The New Jersey system predicates itself for a low scoring game to be successful.

    As far as I know all books take them.

    However no shop will take a parlay consisting of a puck line wager and the total. For obvious reasons.
    Last edited by VegasVic; 09-22-08 at 07:48 AM.

  21. #21
    I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-08
    Posts: 3,209

    Can't wait!!

  22. #22
    PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 2,395
    Betpoints: 4351

    Quote Originally Posted by diogee View Post
    Welcome to the site...I'm probably going to give pucks a shot for the first time this year. Look forward to some of your insight.
    atta boy Diogee.....lots of money to be made betting hockey.

  23. #23
    PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 2,395
    Betpoints: 4351

    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsman View Post
    thanks CrazL,

    It starts Oct. 4th overseas again.

    Out of all of the sports, pucks has such a huge difference with hi-def. Makes it easy for people to follow the puck better.

    Any true hockey fan could follow the puck on a 12" black and white TV.

  24. #24
    PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 2,395
    Betpoints: 4351

    Quote Originally Posted by Lippsman View Post
    Thanks and good to be posting here. I post at another place I like to COVER. But wanted to get into more of the tech/math side of things that seem to be talked about over here more.
    that site SUCKS!!!

  25. #25
    PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 2,395
    Betpoints: 4351

    Quote Originally Posted by fifawcs View Post
    I don't know much about hockey, but know that is a good time to make $$$. I'll be looking forward to hearing advice from hockey experts.
    Excelent....I'll keep you posted

  26. #26
    Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-29-06
    Posts: 4,032
    Betpoints: 607

    Welcome to the forum Vic,some smart hockey people here,plus a few pro players,including a player from the Detroit Redwings.

    Be on the lookout for posters Nicky Santauro and Puckoff, as they are 2 good hockey minds, who will also be playing a 1on1 heads up hockey match in Montreal soon.

  27. #27
    PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 2,395
    Betpoints: 4351

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    Welcome to the forum Vic,some smart hockey people here,plus a few pro players,including a player from the Detroit Redwings.

    Be on the lookout for posters Nicky Santauro and Puckoff, as they are 2 good hockey minds, who will also be playing a 1on1 heads up hockey match in Montreal soon.
    Thanks for the shout out Al!!! I know my shit when it comes to hockey. I'd love to take Nicky on in hockey Trivia, but I think he would back down for sure. All he thinks is Habs this and Habs that. He probably doesn't even know who Dave Chyzowski is.

  28. #28
    Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-08-08
    Posts: 16,106
    Betpoints: 8341

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    Thanks for the shout out Al!!! I know my shit when it comes to hockey. I'd love to take Nicky on in hockey Trivia, but I think he would back down for sure. All he thinks is Habs this and Habs that. He probably doesn't even know who Dave Chyzowski is.
    al, i want you there when i beat pucker.. pucker, when i beat you, i want you to treat our pal Al Masters also for 1 plate and 2 beers.. the loser pays for the others meal, AND a plate for AL.. i can't wait..

    pucker, you'd be surprised what i know about past hockey.. I can name you every player and the team they played on from late 70's, till today..

Top