slapster33
    slapster33's Avatar Become A Pro!

nhl allstar game

Wow i'm a huge hockey fan, been for years, but they sure made a mess of this game, i liked it alot more years ago when it was ruff. Chara 105.9 and he doesn't take a slapshot in the game........lol

HiTMaNN
    HiTMaNN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by slapster33 View Post
    Wow i'm a huge hockey fan, been for years, but they sure made a mess of this game, i liked it alot more years ago when it was ruff. Chara 105.9 and he doesn't take a slapshot in the game........lol
    Everyone is scared of getting hurt these douches aren't even leveling each other! Man up ******* All Stars my ass

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

It's not worth getting hurt. Next thing you know, Chara rips a slapshot and a freak injury happens to a starting goaltender. Then you'll have owners of teams high in the standings from disallowing players from competing in the All Star game.

Fans want to see goals and fancy moves and nice passes. Not a 1-0 neutral zone battle.

LChruscial85
    Tyler Bray to the Bills!
    LChruscial85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Yea I agree with ya completely! Love the skills competitions though!

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Guardian Project stuff is just terrible

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

its a joke, i turned it off after five minutes

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

did you see that poll they just put up on CBC where all the players vote?

The City you like to play most in??

40%- Montreal
    17%- Chicago
    9%- New York
    7%- Detroit
    6%- Vancouver

I love it.. Almost half the NHL players vote montreal.....Read it and weep, boys.. Montreal again dominate. And the best part.. not even a mention of Toronto.. Montreal... hockey capital of the world. best place to play in the world. greatest hockey town..

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

it is a joke that the nhl didnt have team staal win tbh.

new format and you might as well have it so the "home" team gets the win.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    It's not worth getting hurt. Next thing you know, Chara rips a slapshot and a freak injury happens to a starting goaltender. Then you'll have owners of teams high in the standings from disallowing players from competing in the All Star game. Fans want to see goals and fancy moves and nice passes. Not a 1-0 neutral zone battle.

100% agree...no reason to get injured.

no matter what these people say, the NHL all star game is FAR better than any other all star game (excluding baseball cuz that one actually matters). The players actually do fancy stuff that takes skill.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    it is a joke that the nhl didnt have team staal win tbh. new format and you might as well have it so the "home" team gets the win.
    sounds like someone lost a bet.

diesel77004
    diesel77004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post

40%- Montreal
    17%- Chicago
    9%- New York
    7%- Detroit
    6%- Vancouver

I love it.. Almost half the NHL players vote montreal.....Read it and weep, boys.. Montreal again dominate. And the best part.. not even a mention of Toronto.. Montreal... hockey capital of the world. best place to play in the world. greatest hockey town..
    what a bunch of clowns... i would pick LA , Dallas or Tampa... hot chix !

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2745

40%- Montreal
    17%- Chicago
    9%- New York
    7%- Detroit
    6%- Vancouver

Good point Nicky...Toronto is so bad right now, no one thinks anything is wrong and nobody has been fired. I this were to happen in Montreal, the coach and mgmt would have been long gone.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

It may have less to do with the players and team and more to do with the city and atmosphere. That would be my guess, as it is my understanding (purely based on accounts from the Canadien posters on SBR) that Montreal is a significantly better city than Toronto.

pmidy88
    Brett Favre Best QB of All Times
    pmidy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

yeah thats how all allstar games are people not really playing any d

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    It may have less to do with the players and team and more to do with the city and atmosphere. That would be my guess, as it is my understanding (purely based on accounts from the Canadien posters on SBR) that Montreal is a significantly better city than Toronto.
    not just for the great city, but mtl was voted by the NHL players as the loudest fans in hockey and the most knowledgeable. it's fun playing in mtl when there are 22,000 yelling fans who understand the game, instead of 8,000 fans in columbus, or anaheim who don't know what's going on and the players are playing in front of 14,000 empty seats.... it makes the players more into the game.

plus, mtl is rich in tradition. also, every kid grew up in canada watching them on tv and now they're here..

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    All lies. Toronto is world class.

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
    All lies. Toronto is world class.
    All lies. Toronto is NOT world class. unless you consider pakis, chinks and indians as world class. i swear there are more pakis in toronto than all of pakistan combined...

toronto-- horrible CFL team.. worst NHL team ever.. no cup since 1967. worst baseball team ever. worst NBA team of all time. horrible city.

montreal-- 2 straight Grey Cups (dynasty).. one of the best teams in NHL.. 23 stanley cups. best city in the world.

montreal > toronto.

forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

[quote=Nicky Santoro;8606385] All lies. Toronto is NOT world class. unless you consider pakis, chinks and indians as world class. i swear there are more pakis in toronto than all of pakistan combined... toronto-- horrible CFL team.. worst NHL team ever.. no cup since 1967. worst baseball team ever. worst NBA team of all time. horrible city. montreal-- 2 straight Grey Cups (dynasty).. one of the best teams in NHL.. 23 stanley cups. best city in the world. montreal > toronto.[/quote

Worst NHL team ever? They've won 13 Stanley Cups, only Montreal has won more.
    Worst MLB team ever? They've won the World Series twice. There are plenty of MLB teams who have won less World Series titles than Toronto.
    Worst NBA team ever? It's hard to call a team the worst ever after only being in the league for 15 seasons.

Fair enough, it's not a good era right now to be a sports fan in Toronto. Anyways, check the rankings, Toronto is world class, along with Montreal:

http://www.citymayors.com/features/q...chor-The-49575

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

bragging about CFL that no one cares about. It sucks that Toronto is too corporate and real fans can't afford to go. Last time I got seats in the platinums I got dirty looks for cheering for the home team. What a joke. Cheering interferes with them talking business. It's more fun in the nosebleeds.

Nicky Santoro

Peter,

that list of top cities just proves how Canada is the greatest country in the world. USA is 10x bigger than Canada, however, there are 5 cities in the top 26 in Canada.. and 0 from the USA..

but how did Ottawa make it to top 16?? i've been there many times and that city is dead. nothing to do there at all.

treece
    treece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

i don't really like the whole team staal vs. team lindstrom thing. would rather see east vs. west.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

The NHL allstar game was way, way better than that NFL Pro Bowl garbage game.

mart59a
    mart59a's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13553

Quote Originally Posted by Merella View Post
    bragging about CFL that no one cares about. It sucks that Toronto is too corporate and real fans can't afford to go. Last time I got seats in the platinums I got dirty looks for cheering for the home team. What a joke. Cheering interferes with them talking business. It's more fun in the nosebleeds.
    So true...but if you are a Toronto fan,then you are an idiot. Go Habs!

csatarid
    csatarid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good game!!!!! Lindström win

soni
    soni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

wow Lidstrom 11 10 Staal what a big scoring show

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

All lies. Toronto is NOT world class. unless you consider pakis, chinks and indians as world class. i swear there are more pakis in toronto than all of pakistan combined...

toronto-- horrible CFL team.. worst NHL team ever.. no cup since 1967. worst baseball team ever. worst NBA team of all time. horrible city.

montreal-- 2 straight Grey Cups (dynasty).. one of the best teams in NHL.. 23 stanley cups. best city in the world.

montreal > toronto.
    The first part is true but I'm sure montreal has plenty of filth as well.

The rest who cares. Montreal = 0 cups in the new era

Who cares about cups when there were only 2 teams.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

allstar game is for kids 15 and under

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by treece View Post
    i don't really like the whole team staal vs. team lindstrom thing. would rather see east vs. west.
    +1

At first I thought it was neat that the teams were picked by a captain. Now I wish they had just kept it East vs West; I couldn't keep track of the players

Nicky Santoro

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    +1

At first I thought it was neat that the teams were picked by a captain. Now I wish they had just kept it East vs West; I couldn't keep track of the players
    yes, i hear you. even for a big hockey guy like me it felt weird watching a team lidstrom vs a team staal. if some american tuned in last night, they would be saying whaaaaaaaaaat.. wtf is that?? it was confusing.. they could have made captains pick the team, but they can only pick players from their conference, meaning EAST only and west only, then call themselves east vs west, but still picking the teams.

i was though very proud to hear all the american radio and tv stations say how crappy the pro bowl was and how amazing and successful the nhl all star weekend was. and this coming from non hockey fans.. they all said it was a great show.. the skills competition, etc....it really made me proud.

laxbrah420
    laxbrah420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

youre absolutely insane if you think all star games should be played with the same passion as any other game.

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Allstar games say they are for fans but I don't see how real fans enjoy them. I tried to watch NHL and NFL games and its boring as hell, why bother tuning into hockey with no checks and football with no blitzes

The NHL player draft was painful to watch too , seemed like no one really wanted to be there.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Goalies should protest. The rest of the All-Star players play touch hockey and the damn goalie has a 6'9" defenseman shooting 105.9 mph pucks at them. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be hit by Zdeno Chara's fastball.