hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Best Book for Hockey Problem

I'm looking for a book that has hockey games end in regulation as a tie becoming a push as an option. I've been getting destroyed by these stupid shootouts. The most ridiculous format in any sport to decide a game winner or a bet winner for that matter. Prefer the book to be well-rated too! Thanks for the comments in advance!

Tackleberry
    Tackleberry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pinnacle offers regulation time moneyline wagers.
    Points Awarded:

hehfest gave Tackleberry 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hehfest gave Tackleberry 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

5 dimes in the 3 way betting ,really good odds usually at least +290 to +350

Just Enough
    Just Enough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3119

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I'm looking for a book that has hockey games end in regulation as a tie becoming a push as an option. I've been getting destroyed by these stupid shootouts. The most ridiculous format in any sport to decide a game winner or a bet winner for that matter. Prefer the book to be well-rated too! Thanks for the comments in advance!
    when you place a regulation wager, a tie will always be a loss because they usually offer a tie as a seperate wager choice. you need to play a -1 wager to get a push.

Tackleberry

Quote Originally Posted by Just Enough View Post
    when you place a regulation wager, a tie will always be a loss because they usually offer a tie as a seperate wager choice. you need to play a -1 wager to get a push.
    -1 to get a push on a tie? If you played a -1 handicap you would get a push if the team wins by 1 goal. If the wager is pk handicap you get a push on a tie.

Tackleberry

hehfest,

Just look around most books offer some form of regulation time only betting. Make sure you read each of the books rules so you are sure how the wager is going to graded, email or call their cs if you aren't absolutely clear.

Just Enough
    Just Enough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3119

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
    -1 to get a push on a tie? If you played a -1 handicap you would get a push if the team wins by 1 goal. If the wager is pk handicap you get a push on a tie.
    i realize that, sorry for not explaining better. my point was if you played -1 and your team won in OT you get your cash back. -1 lines are just as good as a 3 way line.

Tackleberry

Quote Originally Posted by Just Enough View Post
    i realize that, sorry for not explaining better. my point was if you played -1 and your team won in OT you get your cash back. -1 lines are just as good as a 3 way line.
    I don't like that statement. Whether a line is good has to do with the actual probability of a specific outcome occuring compared to the price you are paying. You can't just say one way of wagering on a game is good.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
    I don't like that statement. Whether a line is good has to do with the actual probability of a specific outcome occuring compared to the price you are paying. You can't just say one way of wagering on a game is good.
    Well put

Something far too many bettors, specifically hockey bettors, fail to notice.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Thanks, but Pinnacle does not allow US players right?

Tackleberry

Thanks dwaechte.

Tackleberry

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Thanks, but Pinnacle does not allow US players right?
    Yes you're correct. You still shouldn't have a problem finding an out that does.