fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Division Props

Everyone on here is excited for the season to start, and I'm no different. I think I'm going to make a few plays before the season starts on who will win the division props. Thoughts and inputs are encouraged, as well as feelings on over/under wins props.

I like the Red Wings in the central this year. I think the Hawks have a drop off this year along with a resurgence of the Wings. If they can stay healthy, I think this is a great bet at +272.

Vancouver takes the Northwest this year, and may warrant a bet at -203. I don't really see anyone else having a shot here except maybe the Avalanche at +368

The Sharks are a regular season team. The Coyotes and Kings should still be good this year as well, but the Sharks are just too strong, and take the Pacific in my opinion. I think there is value here at +120.

I like the Penguins this year in the Atlantic at +108, but may stay away from this division, it could be too close to call.

Is there any question the Caps takes the Southeast? Doubtful, but not sure the -412 is worth it. If anyone else has an outside shot here, it may be the Lightning at +999.

The Northeast is interesting in my opinion. I think the Sabres and Sens drop down this year. I like Boston this year at +126, but may place my money on the Habs at +680. I am not a Habs fan, but I think this could be a very tight division this year, and this is where I see the value.

Some over/unders I'm looking at are:

The Caps are the Caps, and I think the Canes and Lightning will be much improved. Atlanta should hover around the same mark, and I think this drops Florida down in wins this year. Under 35.5 at -116.

Being a Leaf fan (yes, sorry), I have learned not to bet on them, to win or lose. This may be one spot to get them though. Can they win four more then they did last year? I think so. Not sure if the -135 is worth it though for the over 33.5.

I think Vancouver over 46.5 at -115 warrants a good look. I think they will be better than last year, and even if they just matched their win total from last year, they would cover.

Did the Wild improve their team enough to up their win total this year? If anything, I think they go the other way. I'm looking at under 39.5 at -105.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Minny make for a good bet to win the division.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    I think Minny make for a good bet to win the division.
    Really?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Good analysis Fjordo. I love Vancouver to win the division and that's not just because I'm a die-hard fan. The Avs are the next closest competition for sure but I don't think they are quite ready to take a step to the elite level. The Flames potentially could have a good year but I see them struggling to make the playoffs. The Wild and Oilers probably won't make the playoffs. Sharks should be tops in the West again this year.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Boston +300 to win NE division is great value. If I had a big enough bankroll to tie up a chunk of it on a 7 month long wager, I would go big on it.

Waz
    Waz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1894

Where are you finding the over/under season wins at for NHL? Just curious which books are carrying these.

fjordo
    fjordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by Waz View Post
    Where are you finding the over/under season wins at for NHL? Just curious which books are carrying these.
    Right now I am using Pinnacle. I need to open at least one more book, but I would guess that most would have over/under props until the season starts.

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2525

I like that Wings to win the Central Division bet alot...