Ira Wilton
    Ira Wilton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hockey Futures Thread?

Do any of you play hockey futures? Where? Where is a good place to play? I have an account at Matchbook but it seems like there is only one or maybe two people setting the odds there, and the prices are not close together (e.g. +1050, -2000 on team to win/lose).

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

What types of futures are you talking?

Ira Wilton

Stanley Cup winner, conference winner. I have not found division betting on hockey this late into the season.

Ira Wilton

So that's a no?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Ira,

Can't you just make an offer at Matchbook at the odds you want?

Ira Wilton

Sure will you match me?

LT Profits

Probably not...LOL

But seriously, you will probably end up with better odds (assuming offer is resonable) than you would get if other sites still had the futures up.

In answer to your original question, I do not see futures at any conventional book right now, so the exchanges remain your best bet.

Ira Wilton

LT have you seen the odds at matchbook? Some are ok but others are unreasonable. It is obvious from the lines that only one or two people are putting up odds. I will try putting up "offers" but if only a few people are paying attention I don't think I will be able to be matched?

I have seen futures odds at 5dimes. I like St. Louis at 30/1 to win conference. Are there any other books you know of that offer futures?
    Last edited by Ira Wilton; 12-06-07 at 09:29 PM. Reason: St. Louis 30/1 to win conference not cup

LT Profits

Like I said in my last post, I couldn't find futures at the normal books I looked at, and it also appeared that 5 Dimes took them down. Sorry.