icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Did anyone see that brutal Steve Downie hit??

Another black eye for the NHL. I hope Downie gets suspended for a long, long time. That hit was brutal, blind sided Macammond, left his feet and led with the elbow. Not to mention a hit to the head.
    He should get at least 20 games for that hit. Of course, we all know the NHL will let him off easy, like always.

Thing is, I don't even know how Downie is allowed on the ice. He is a complete nutcase and a danger to anyone on the ice. This punk can snap at any time. He snapped tonight because Shubert gave him a clean hit just seconds before. If that makes you snap, you should not be allowed to lace them up anywhere! I think there is a very good chance he ended McAmmond's career tonight, as he suffered another concussion.

Another sad day for the hockey world. What makes this worse is that it's just preseason, and we are already seeing cheap shots like this.

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Here's the hit if you haven't seen it yet:

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I caught this one on ESPN News earlier. That was just vicious!

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Wow, he's flying into him.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Downie should get a mimimum of 30 games no matter what league he plays in. The league needs to send a clear message right now that these types of offenses will no longer be tolerated. I expect a fast ruling with a decision coming down this afternoon.

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I caught this one on ESPN News earlier. That was just vicious!
    ESPN. Do they even cover hockey?