MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Youth hockey the MOST EXPENSIVE sport for kids and the ice time hours...3am? 4am?

Yeahhhh....no brother I ever met getting his ass up off the couch for his kid before 8am

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Larry Bird made a comment very similar to this many moons ago. Said that he wanted more white guys in the league.

Think about it. After Mullin/Stockton retired...try to name the best American-born white/caucasian NBA player. It's a very lean list.

Who is the answer? Brent Barry? Steve Nash was Canadian.
    Kevin Love!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

There is only one ice skating ring in my town but at least 100 parks and high schools where football and basketball can be played. NHL is not investing in ice rings. Has nothing to do with race.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Larry Bird made a comment very similar to this many moons ago. Said that he wanted more white guys in the league.

Think about it. After Mullin/Stockton retired...try to name the best American-born white/caucasian NBA player. It's a very lean list.

Who is the answer? Brent Barry? Steve Nash was Canadian.
    I think Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson count as 1/2 white each = 1 white , right?

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Hockey is expensive as fukk when you a kid. Even the high school I went to which was pretty big you had to pay quite a bit annually to play hockey, not to mention all the equipment and shit that wasn’t provided and certainly wasn’t in my families price range! Only the rich twerps at my school played hockey. I don’t think they even carried the school name like rest of our sports teams? Never saw a high school hockey game, lol.

In other words in not just blacks without a opportunity to play in a lot of areas. Rink time pricey and scarce (I recall one my cousins played and he would have very odd hours he had to be at practice since there simply not a lot of rinks in the area), equipment pricey, wasn’t a whole lot of interest or focus on it. Unless you grow up somewhere with frozen ponds all winter it just not likely you had the chance to try your hand at that sport!!
    Hockey is expensive i played from 5the grade through my freshman year in college i was fortunate enough my parents could afford it but getting my dad up at 430 am for 6am practice was another. Plus the closest rink at the time was an hour drive but now we have as many rinks as there are gas station

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13851

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Not many Skating rinks and swimming pools in the hood!

Doubt we will ever see many Blacks playing those sports.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    It just keeps going.

Never ending cycling now.
    What a joke.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

I want more millionaires in my family. Now what?

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

It will never end unless we end it.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i want more asian massage parlors that have hot girls and not short dumpy older women who look pissed as they jerk me off

bottom line, no matter your race, if you are good enough to play pro then you play pro.

clockwise1965

Hockey is an expensive sport for parents to pay for. Most minorities just can afford the cost.

Mikelewis
    Mikelewis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    The top black athletes choose football and basketball. Cheap sports where all you pretty much need is a ball. They are also the likeliest to get them into college/pros. Hockey costs thousands of dollars. Equipment is not cheap. Ice time definitely isn’t cheap. And there’s usually a ton of travel expenses that come with it driving all over playing in tournaments etc, it really isn’t a realistic option for 90% of black people. This should be the last problem addressed though
    Excellent summation...

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

They are boycotting it and withholding their talents just to make the league suffer. It is racist, after all,a bunch of white players bitch slapping that tiny defenseless lil ol black puck around like that, players and the league should be ashamed of themselves.
    Last edited by THE HITMAN; 07-01-20 at 04:07 PM.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10346

Aside from the cost, many of the middle class people whose kids play hockey have two parents. The Father usually works his job, runs his business, etc. The wife mostly will drive the kids to those 4 and 5 am practices.

For those who do not know, Evander Kane is an ok player of African descent, who now plays for SanJose. He is a big kid, often fights and is considered a dirty player. Takes cheap shots and penalty.

With the money he’s made over his career, I wonder how many black and brown children he sponsored.?. I venture to guess none.

He is no different from the rest of the privileged athletes .. They all complain and want everybody but themselves to spend money.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

NHL should fold unless this serious problem is thoroughly addressed.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

A hockey parent is like no other.
    You just don't say...... see you for dinner, as they head out the door alone with BB ball or glove and ball.
    You have to pay to play, expensive equipment ever year as they grow, driving long distances to your home arena further for road games.
    As mention un gawdly hours, usually 3-6AM for tots. Laundry and stinky equipment every day.

As a parent you hope your kid takes up basketball or baseball.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    There is only one ice skating ring in my town but at least 100 parks and high schools where football and basketball can be played. NHL is not investing in ice rings. Has nothing to do with race.
    i'm sure you would be banging all the cougar hockey moms

but that would just be another Mr. Racer fairytale too !!

takes a lot of courage to post where everyone knows how unlaid you are and willl always be !!

maybe you could give YOURSELF a pearl necklace this weekend champ !!!!!!

clockwise1965

Evander needs to be quit now. He made another statement yesterday again about this issue.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

clockwise1965

BLM

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Blks prefer hot weather...hockey is played on ice. Will they wear do rags under helmet dog

First 12