kertesd
    kertesd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Proline Thread

Im from Toronto and play proline every now and then, if anyone else would like to post they plays feel free:

For those who dont know what proline is: Proline.ca

icemaster47
    icemaster47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

Also from GTA - Proline doesn't have much with regards to value normally but tonight the Canes 2.70 and the Canes/Caps Tie 7.00 are interesting.

Other games where we aren't getting completely ass-raped:

PIT 1.85
    COL/TB U5.5 2.00
    NAS 1.85
    STL 2.10

Good luck whatever you do

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

I bet with a book now, but I played the Proline for about 12-13 years. Its where I learned how to make picks. When you have to make 3 correct picks in order to win, you learn fast. Betting with a book now is just extra income. I only need to get one pick right to win.

dogcity
    dogcity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Proline = forced parlay of crappy lines = bad for the bettor

The one advantage of Proline is that they will pay out mistake lines which a lot of books would just cancel. I don't remember the circumstances but I believe they once had an overseas soccer game listed on the card after the game was completed...they paid out the winning tickets regardless.

They used to be vulnerable to some bad lines and slow line movements, but I think that is now quite uncommon...

BOL
    dogcity
    Last edited by dogcity; 11-30-09 at 01:23 PM.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I like the canes at 2.7

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

This is wat my tic looks like

fla
    tor
    stl
    col
    cgy
    car

good luck

Khadi
    Khadi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ever since my credit card flagged the Pinnacle Sports website when I tried to put money in, I've continued with proline.

This is my ticket for tonight:
    Pittsburgh
    Nashville
    Colorado/Tampa U5.5

Really good odds on the 3 picks if you ask me.

Khadi
    Khadi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Small longshot ticket:

Col/TB
    Wash/Car
    Cal/Nash

All ties! Gogogo!

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

i play proline lots...i hate it cant wait to get my cc in the mail this week..although i won point spread this weekend

Kav
    Kav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

i f*cking hate pro-line with all my heart!!! i lost so much money on it the very first day i turned 18 and started to play it. thankfully within the last year i found online books, where i can make straight bets instead of trying to make 3 team parlays with a shitty pay out. there NFL lines are a joke!

anyhow now that im finish ranting, i wish you the best! cause to be honest some people do very well at proline. this one convient store i use to play all the time during my time in college, the guy won the baseball pool twice in one year! of course his tickets were 80$ (4 boxes), anyhow he won like 25k each time for a grand total of 50k! anyhow once again GL & BOL!

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by Khadi View Post
    Small longshot ticket:

Col/TB
    Wash/Car
    Cal/Nash

All ties! Gogogo!

Save your money. Tickets like that just make you look bad.

POD Squad
    POD Squad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good to see some fellas from T.O,
    I picked Tor at home against Buff yesterday and that costed me my $100.00 ticket on proline..
    anyways Im gonna go at it today and try making some Money!!!
    here are my money picks for today another $100 on Proline ticket..Im gonna pick 6 of these picks..hear me out and tell me wat u guys think?

Tor @ MTL (UN - 5.5)
    CLB @ CHI (H, OV - 5.5)
    OTT @ SJ (UN - 5.5)
    LA @ ANA (H, UN - 5.5)
    Last edited by POD Squad; 12-01-09 at 01:46 AM. Reason: typo

POD Squad
    POD Squad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Analysis ON DEC/1/2009 NHL Games:

Tor @ Mtl: (UN- 5.5)
    The Canadiens try to bounce back Tuesday night at Bell Centre and notch a fourth straight victory over the Maple Leafs, who will be looking for offense after being shut out for the first time. Hoping for any offense against a goalie who has been super hot in recent days is unlike to happen when Toronto faces Carey Price tomorrow. Its going to be another defensive game from both of the teams, looking for an under 5.5 Total.

CLB @ CHI: (H, OV - 5.5)
    Chicago tries to continue its dominance at the United Center, where it's 10-2-1 and hasn't lost since a 3-2 defeat to Vancouver on Oct. 21. Returning home could help the Blackhawks bounce back after being outscored 5-1 in losses to Anaheim and Los Angeles after totaling 20 goals over their previous four games. Cristobal Heut is likely to back in net after losing his last two starts. He's 12-5-2 with a 2.12 goals-against average this season and 3-2-1 with a 2.61 GAA versus Columbus.The Blackhawks could have even more incentive to win Tuesday as coach Joel Quenneville again tries for his 500th career coaching victory.
    Columbus (13-9-4) snapped a season-high five-game losing streak with a 5-2 home win over St. Louis on Monday. R.J. Umberger recorded his second career hat trick and added an assist. After making 27 saves against the Blues on Monday, Steve Mason could be back in net. He's 9-6-4 with a 3.38 GAA this season and 2-1-1 with a 2.16 GAA in his career versus Chicago. Backup Mathieu Garon is 4-3-0 with a 3.03 GAA this season and 6-3-0 with a 2.85 GAA all-time against the Blackhawks.
    I'm Liking the Black hawks here and Over - 5.5

OTT @ SJ: UN- 5.5
    Ottawa goalie is Brian Elliott have been playing very good with a GAA 2.59, but the team has been giving at least more than 2 goals, but SJ is a team who scored 9 goals in there last 2 games therefore this game I see both teams working on there defense and try to keep a low scoring game. Plus I can see SJ's goalie, Evgeni Nabokov putting a shutout against Ottawa. I am liking the Under - 5.5

LA @ ANA: H, UN - 5.5
    The Kings went 3-2-1 against the Ducks (10-11-4) last season, but have dropped six of seven (1-4-2) at Anaheim.
    The Ducks have been playing well at Honda Center, going 4-1-1 during a seven-game homestand. That is part of a 7-2-1 stretch as hosts after they lost five of their first six. Anaheim, though, is looking to rebound from Sunday's 3-2 overtime loss to Phoenix as Jim Vandemeer scored 1:18 into the extra session. Despite the defeat, the Ducks were feeling positive after left wing Bobby Ryan helped them salvage a point by scoring with 1:54 to play in regulation.

ANA's Goalie Jonas Hiller is posting a GAA of 3.02 and LA's Goalie Jonathan Quick is sitting at 2.65 GAA.
    ANA team has given 7 goals in last 4 games and LA team has given 11 goals in last 4 games.
    Therefore I see the home team taking this one and the game to stay Under (5.5)

icemaster47
    icemaster47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

Guys the way I look at it is this - you can not beat pro-line by picking winners. Forget about it. Doesn't happen. You are laying so much juice on standard Proline that it is impossible to beat. Worse on Point Spread or Props.

If you like to play the lotto - play Pools, pick crazy dogs and keep your fingers crossed. Your hope is to hit it real big - a big one time score can make up for years and years of paying OLG vig.

Otherwise, your only chance is to pick really, really bad lines, hammer them and hope to hell that your side comes through.

I don't see a single worthwhile play on the card today. If I had to stretch it, the best of the worst would be:

CBJ/CHI under 5.5 paying 2.00
    TOR/MTL under 5.5 paying 2.00
    Ottawa paying 2.70

Don't get fooled by the hockey ties paying 7.00 either. While the value is improving they are still bad plays.

Some decent (read bad but not terrible) soccer plays might be had tomorrow with a few ties...