bdc30
    bdc30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 590

Winnipeg v Edmonton Monday

Just saw that WPG opened as +111 on pinnacle. Not sure how the books can put the Oilers as favorites here. They're terrible. They're winless in 6. Bryzgalov was brutal the other night against StL. Their fans threw their jerseys on the ice out of sheer embarrassment.

'Peg has gotten some guys back from injuries, and although they played tonight against Vancouver and lost, they kept it close the entire game. The trip from Van to Edm isn't all that long, especially for a team from the west anyway.

Anyone want talk me out of hammering WPG here?

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Did oilers fans really throw their jerseys on ice? HAHAHA that's hilarious, Albertans have so much money they don't know what to do with it. Like their games even matter anymore!

I would take the 1P over because both teams are riled up

bdc30

sure did. http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/12/2...sey-on-the-ice

can't say I blame the guy.

lunch

Quote Originally Posted by bdc30 View Post
    sure did. http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/12/2...sey-on-the-ice

can't say I blame the guy.
    Surprised he didn't get mauled leaving the building after that, Oilers fans are crazy. Seriously he gets to see one of the best teams in the NHL do their thing, did he expect a 6-0 Oil win?

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Quote Originally Posted by lunch View Post
    Surprised he didn't get mauled leaving the building after that, Oilers fans are crazy. Seriously he gets to see one of the best teams in the NHL do their thing, did he expect a 6-0 Oil win?
    Why would that guy get mauled? He was applauded. A couple of my friends did the same on the train back from the arena. Everyone in the city hates the team and management at this point. Playing at home is a tougher game than playing on the road for the Oilers now. They get boo'd 5 times a game at home these days. Rightfully so because they suck.

That said, Winnepeg suck as well. Their team defense is just about as bad as Edmonton's and their goalie is somehow worse. Their FWs suck just as much as EDM, they are just older and in their prime so they don't suck as much overall as a team compared to Edmonton. That said, they are on a back to back flying in from Vancouver. The weather is shit around here these days so there is no direct flight and planes are delayed as shit as well. They probably went Van -> Calgary -> Edmonton and will get in late tonight.

There are a lot of reasons to bet on the Oilers tomorrow but it may all be counterbalanced by the fact that they suck to historical levels. Take from that what you will

bdc30

Do the teams not take charter flights? I'd guess they would be able to fly direct, or wait until tomorrow morning. Can't be that long a trek

lunch

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    Why would that guy get mauled? He was applauded. A couple of my friends did the same on the train back from the arena. Everyone in the city hates the team and management at this point. Playing at home is a tougher game than playing on the road for the Oilers now. They get boo'd 5 times a game at home these days. Rightfully so because they suck.

That said, Winnepeg suck as well. Their team defense is just about as bad as Edmonton's and their goalie is somehow worse. Their FWs suck just as much as EDM, they are just older and in their prime so they don't suck as much overall as a team compared to Edmonton. That said, they are on a back to back flying in from Vancouver. The weather is shit around here these days so there is no direct flight and planes are delayed as shit as well. They probably went Van -> Calgary -> Edmonton and will get in late tonight.

There are a lot of reasons to bet on the Oilers tomorrow but it may all be counterbalanced by the fact that they suck to historical levels. Take from that what you will
    The guy supported the oilers franchise buying tickets, parking, fuel to get to the game... Then on a whim throws his shirt on the ice in protest? He thinks he's helping his "beloved team" along with all the other meathead Albertans cheering him on.

The oilers are the #1 ticket in town every time they play, this isn't Toronto, Ottawa where there's better things to do. On ice performance means nothing to ownership because they successfully sell out every game at inflated prices- winning team or not

It's been like this for years, oilers fans rebelling by paying $400 for tickets and booing.. Meanwhile ownership are probably laughing their asses off upgrading their credit limit.

Tickets to Edmonton vs Calgary in March run upwards of $1150, to see the 2 worst teams in the NHL! They will sell out, the Oilers are winning, the fans are losing.

You want to rebel stop supporting anything Oilers related, watch the fukn Oil Kings who actually have a good team!

bigbuckthedon
    bigbuckthedon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

I think there are better games to bet on this monday than this one, so I'd pass.

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

Personally I think if a team is + money against the Oilers you have to back them, whoever it is right now. The Jets are a pretty poor team but they are definitely better than the Oilers and more experienced. If you watched the Oilers' coach press conference from the 6-0 loss you would've seen how pissed off that guy is right now and I think that the Oilers team will just feel under more pressure to perform and stop the rot. Plus the home fans' patience is pretty much zero right now so if the Jets take an early lead then it could just go from bad to worse.

jonnyboy21
    jonnyboy21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1455

As for the journey, a direct flight is 1h30 and even if you fly indirectly via Calgary as the other guy said it's still a short plane ride. I do not think that is going to be a factor in tiring out the Winnipeg team.