DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Iggie to Pittsburgh, NOT Boston

Just confirmed by Calgary GM Jay Feaster on TSN.

Guess the Boston rumors were wrong

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

that's what im saying. watching the press conf. right now

soul786

Iggie to Pittsburgh, NOT Boston

Broke just now on TSN, watching the press conf.

soul786

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Jarome Iginla traded to PIT for PIT's 1st rounder in 2013 and college prospects Kenneth Agostino (Yale) and Ben Hanowski (St. Cloud State).

bhattman
    bhattman's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW......tail the pens hard

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Hmmm, seems to be a better fit with the Bruins. Always been a big Iginla fan though. I hope he gets to hoist the cup.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Pitt is making too many trades. Gonna have a whole new team chemistry now...and they didn't need all these players in the first place. Oh well, I'm happy as long as my wild keep it up

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Stacked

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

tsn can suck my dik, homos on tv all night saying he went to boston

CanuckG

Bruins offered the Flames a better deal too

bruins35

funny thing is i said i wanted to see him play with crosby.Iggy will be scoring like crazy geting fed passes from crosby with his shot

CanuckG

Iginla/Crosby Olympic connection

bruins35

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Iginla/Crosby Olympic connection
    can you imagine what the pp is going to be like with them too ? jesus the pens are stacked

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

Sick.

Would suck to lose in the 1st round after all this, but after all it is hockey.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

great news

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    the hurt dog yelps... just messin bruins! Can't believe this, pens acquire morrow and iggie in the same week. look out

steviec27
    steviec27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15113

funny thing is i said i wanted to see him play with crosby.Iggy will be scoring like crazy geting fed passes from crosby with his shot
    Can you really break up the Crosby-Kunitz-Dupuis line? They have been on fire so far this season.
    May well end up something like Crosby-Kunitz-Dupuis....Iginla-Malkin-Neal....Morrow-Sutter-Kennedy.
    Pretty stacked indeed.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

let the hype begin

DEUCED
    DEUCED's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Iginla fan but you almost have to cheer against the Pens now. Reminds me of the Yankees beefing up their team to win the WS.

DEUCED

Big surprise there. TSN ( Toronto Sports Network). All they care about covering with any accuracy is the Leafs. I would have bought a Bruins #12 jersey but not a Pens #12. Shitty.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Read Bos GM chiarelli media transcript today. Calgary and Bos had a done deal yesterday at noon, then Calgary renigged. Bos sending bartowski and khokhlachev. calgary renigged after they made a deal. Jerome wanted to go to Pittsburgh and refused Boston. Changed mind AFTER the deal was made. Jarome and Calgary made deal with Bos then renigged. What a scum bag jarome is. Promises to come to Boston, deal all set at 12pm, then he renigs? What a jerk.
    Last edited by hockey216; 03-29-13 at 02:58 AM.

hockey216

Feaster told Boston they had a deal. Then jarome decided he likes pit better than Bos. Makes deal agreeing to go to Bos, then trade finalized. After was finalized he renigs. Unbelievable. I hope PIT goes down in flames and fleury takes a dump in goal just like last year. Too late to renig after you have a done deal.
    Last edited by hockey216; 03-29-13 at 02:59 AM.

DEUCED

"Renigged". Is that a play on Iginla? Lol.

hockey216

I can't spell but reniging is when you go back on deal. Calgary GM called Bos GM yesterday at 12 noon. Was a done deal. Bot teams scratched players. Jarome renigged last minute. After he agreed boston 1 of 4 Teams he ok with. What a scum bag. You can't renig after its a done deal. What a fker. Jarome is a scum bag.

DEUCED

Lol. No just wondering if it was a race joke/pun. Haha. Reneg'd. Short for renegotiated. Not trying to be a prick. Just thought it was on purpose. You are right that is dirty and I hope he doesn't win now. Like when Ray Bourque played his whole career with Boston then signed a one year deal with the Avs for a cup. Seemed like a tainted ring to me? Not as sweet. Good luck tonight, man.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

I would blame feaster not iginla

g_sept1
    g_sept1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

In the end, athletes just care about themselves and have no heart. Whenever you watch NBA on ABC on Sundays, they show those "NBA Cares" vignettes. Those NBA players are clearly reading off a cue-card. The point of all this:

Flames: Jerome, by you going to Boston you can help the rebuilding of our Flames franchise.
    Jerome: penetrate you guys! I'm goint to Pitt!!

Athletes dun give a shit!!!

g_sept1
    g_sept1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by g_sept1 View Post
    In the end, athletes just care about themselves and have no heart. Whenever you watch NBA on ABC on Sundays, they show those "NBA Cares" vignettes. Those NBA players are clearly reading off a cue-card. The point of all this:

Flames: Jerome, by you going to Boston you can help the rebuilding of our Flames franchise.
    Jerome: penetrate you guys! I'm goint to Pitt!!

Athletes dun give a shit!!!
    LOL, penetrate. I didn't know SBR has a profanity filter. Penetrate should be F**k

hockey216

Had no problem with Jerome leaving. He has right to Leave. If he wanted pit then he should have said that up front and not agreed to go to Boston. If he made this decision up front no prob. But AFTER DEAL IS DONE AND GMS CONFIRM TRADE IS DONE/OVER, you'd have to be a real scum bag to reneg. Calgary GM called Bos GM and finalized deal yesterday 12 noon. If he wanted to back out he had weeks to do it before deal was done. Don't agree to it all along then after both GMS, coaches, owners all agree and finalize it, you back out. Back out before deal is done or don't back out. Reneging after the deal is finalized (ESPECIALLY A HUGE TRADE LIKE THIS INVOLVING PLAYER OF THIS CALIBER) is very unethical. Calgary should have honored their word, said to Jerome "you agreed Boston, trade already finalized, too late to back out." Only a scum bag would reneg on a deal already finalized and over. What a shit head. FK you Jerome. I hope Zeno chara and Milan Lucic punch your fking head in during playoffs.
    Last edited by hockey216; 03-28-13 at 08:27 PM.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

that's big...he'll score a ton in pittsburgh and i'm loving it for the fantasy playoffs!

ChicagoBlackhawk
    ChicagoBlackhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    I can't spell but reniging is when you go back on deal. Calgary GM called Bos GM yesterday at 12 noon. Was a done deal. Bot teams scratched players. Jarome renigged last minute. After he agreed boston 1 of 4 Teams he ok with. What a scum bag. You can't renig after its a done deal. What a fker. Jarome is a scum bag.
    Why does it bother you so much? If he has a no trade/move clause in his contract then he has the right to do that. Call it what you will but its all part of the business man.

hockey216

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoBlackhawk View Post
    Why does it bother you so much? If he has a no trade/move clause in his contract then he has the right to do that. Call it what you will but its all part of the business man.
    he has the right. but common ethics is if you want to go to pittsburgh and refuse boston, then you say that up front. you don't agree to waive no-trade clause to go to boston, say you're fine with BOS all along, wait until AFTER DEAL FINALIZED to say "oh, wait. i hate boston i want to go to pittsburgh." Should have said that up front. You don't agree to go to boston all along, and then wait till AFTER trade finalized to pull that shit last minute. Should have voiced opinion before trade was finalized, not after. You have to be a real scum bag to agree to it 100% whole way, then pull the reneg shit out of the blue AFTER DEAL WAS FINALIZED.

ChicagoBlackhawk
    ChicagoBlackhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

he has the right. but common ethics is if you want to go to pittsburgh and refuse boston, then you say that up front. you don't agree to waive no-trade clause to go to boston, say you're fine with BOS all along, wait until AFTER DEAL FINALIZED to say "oh, wait. i hate boston i want to go to pittsburgh." Should have said that up front. You don't agree to go to boston all along, and then wait till AFTER trade finalized to pull that shit last minute. Should have voiced opinion before trade was finalized, not after. You have to be a real scum bag to reneg like that.

until you realize thats part of sports you wont understand. I do agree he is being un ethical, but thats just part of all sports. That will never change

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

he has the right. but common ethics is if you want to go to pittsburgh and refuse boston, then you say that up front. you don't agree to waive no-trade clause to go to boston, say you're fine with BOS all along, wait until AFTER DEAL FINALIZED to say "oh, wait. i hate boston i want to go to pittsburgh." Should have said that up front. You don't agree to go to boston all along, and then wait till AFTER trade finalized to pull that shit last minute. Should have voiced opinion before trade was finalized, not after. You have to be a real scum bag to agree to it 100% whole way, then pull the reneg shit out of the blue AFTER DEAL WAS FINALIZED.
    I agree it was a douche move but we don't know all the stuff which went in the background and never will. But hey, I believe leaving the home team after 17 years, being the captain for the past 10 years, is a douchy move itself. Not saying he doesn't deserve to win a Stanley cup in his career but yeah, the captain is the first to abandon the sinking ship...
    Points Awarded:

ChicagoBlackhawk gave ZdenoK 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last