SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ben Burns: Back Senators vs. Leafs

Back Senators vs. Maple Leafs

Game Time: 10/26/2006 7:35:00 PM
    By: Ben Burns

Following a 6-2 win Tuesday in Toronto, look for the Senators to complete the home-&-home sweep of the Maple Leafs Thursday in Ottawa.

The Senators managed only 11 goals through their first six games. However, the offense finally 'woke up' in Saturday's 8-1 win vs. New Jersey and they followed up that effort with a 6-2 victory at Toronto on Tuesday. I expect Ottawa to keep on rolling for (at least) another evening.

The Senators have now defeated their provincial rivals in nine of the past 11 meetings. During that 11-game stretch they have outscored the Leafs by a whopping 51-28 margin. One of the two Toronto victories came here at Ottawa, exactly three weeks ago. That was the Senators' home opener and the Leafs embarrassed them by a 6-0 score.

The Senators, who haven't forgotten that loss, will climb above the 500 mark with a victory. Look for them to do just that as they complete the home-and-home sweep.

Play: Senators
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 02:51 PM. Reason: link does not work

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Toronto is the only way I could play this, but decided to pass. It's just too early in the season staff to lay -235.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last time these two teams played a home and home. the road team won. I'm thinking we might just see a repeat preformence tonight.