playinragz
    playinragz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Why bet if your plays not worth max?

i see alot of guys in the hockey pool (xxx's nhl playoff) making bets for 5u 3u 7u . if your bet isnt worth the max in your mind why bet it?

BetterBetter
    BetterBetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

A lot of times I make 2 bets to cover eachother. For example I took Chicago +1.5 for 10u and Chicago ml for 5u. Since the +1.5 is -245 I will make about 4u if it cashes. That will pretty much cover my ml bet if it loses. I don't know if this is a good idea or not but I like it and have done well so far in the playoffs witha lot of similar bets.

BetterBetter
    BetterBetter's Avatar Become A Pro!

And this would be an example of that plan backfiring.

playinragz

I understand that even though it was a bad example for yah... lol but worked good for rangers .... i would think although i surely wont tell you your doing something wrong (+ 1 million dollars this postseason ) If we only played the games we felt best about hence max play , record would be alot better . Hell you would have bet everything max yourself you might be up 2 million. lol what ever your doing can never be questioned though cuz your on fire !!!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playin, lets say someone came up to you and offered you a bet on a fair coin flip. He will give you +110 on the side of your choice.

You are being offered a 50/50 proposition at a better than 50/50 price. Would you turn this down?

You WILL lose this bet 50% of the time, but it was still a +EV bet.

Same goes for hockey or any other sport. You should bet when you see an edge; not only when you are extremely sure about it.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by playinragz View Post
    i see alot of guys in the hockey pool (xxx's nhl playoff) making bets for 5u 3u 7u . if your bet isnt worth the max in your mind why bet it?
    This is not a question worth answering.

Do you go all in on every bet?

Betting 10 units is maxing out your bet. I rarely max out bets in real life, so why would I do it here?

Sometimes I bet MLs when I feel the game is about 50/50 and I can get +140 or so ML. Would I max it out? Ridiculous. But value is value.
    Last edited by yisman; 04-23-09 at 11:39 AM.

Flyers09
    Flyers09's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    This is not a question worth answering.

Do you go all in on every bet?

Betting 10 units is maxing out your bet. I rarely max out bets in real life, so why would I do it here?

Sometimes I bet MLs when I feel the game is about 50/50 and I can get +140 or so ML. Would I max it out? Ridiculous. But value is value.
    yisman loves arguing

u see that caps game? i thought i was wathcing a repeat og the flyers/pens game from tuesday....all these powerplay chances, all these shots, hits the post, and only one goal

yisman

nope. Didn't watch any of the games last night. Was too busy.

Penguins have outplayed the Flyers, though. I've watched a lot of that series.

Flyers09
    Flyers09's Avatar Become A Pro!

not the last 3 games they didnt, they out shot and out played the pens, fleury dominated the flyers

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

u see that caps game? i thought i was wathcing a repeat og the flyers/pens game from tuesday....all these powerplay chances, all these shots, hits the post, and only one goal[/quote]

HENRYYY!!!

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by Flyers09 View Post
    not the last 3 games they didnt, they out shot and out played the pens, fleury dominated the flyers
    Penguins deserve to win the series. As a whole, they've outplayed Philadelphia.

Saying they haven't is being a sore loser.

Even if Fleury was the only guy who played well (he wasn't), the Penguins have still outplayed the Flyers because the goalie is a huge component.

playinragz

well yisman i have a max bet in life during hockey and yah i bet it every game unless situation is to collect or something other then im teleconectic and i think my play is only worth 1/2 of what the other one is... yah then its called i dont bet it... man o man yisman i know the name is wacky but yah dont have to match it with yah thinking too.

yisman

a key part of betting is knowing how to allocate.

Anyway, Crosby has won about 64% of his faceoffs. Pittsburgh overall is winning about 55%.

yisman

vastly outplaying the Flyers here.