PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    dont blow your load flyers fans ,you need to have a good goalie check the last 10 cup winners.flyers are not winning any thing
    Bryz is one of the best goalies in the league.

Worry about your team before you worry about ours.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by minet123 View Post
    A true Philadelphia knows the pecking order
    1)Eagles
    2)Eagles
    3)Phillies
    4)Eagles off season
    5)Big 5 Basketball
    6)Flyers
    7)Notre Dame/Penn State football-depending on where your parents went to church
    8)Eagles front office/Eagles cheerleader
    9)Any made up sport they can play indoors-Wings,kicks etc
    10)That new soccer team
    11)EAGLES
    12)That NBA team
    This isn't even close.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

[QUOTE=Deuce;14532664]I want your team to win it all now that Wings are out. Even though I have never seen a more arrogant and ignorant fan base.

Photobucket

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    We're talking about each city's respective NHL team, yes?

Why then do you bunch Pittsburgh's fans with us Flyers fans?

They are not remotely close.

This discussion isn't state vs. state. It's team vs. team.

While I respect the Minnesota Wild fan base, it will be a cold day in Hell before they can claim to be a better fan base than us or more knowledgeable.

This was the first team in the NHL that tried to steal the "Doop" song from us.

Deuce, you've lost on all arguments tonight.

Might be time to take a break pal.

Just sayin.
    Unreal this guy has some balls. I am more knowledgeable than anyone on this site bar none when it comes to hockey at every level. I'll bet my pad on that. I have played in the highest levels growing up with the jerk offs that you worship on TV stating they are your own. Let me call Booth, Hunwick, Hensick, Ryan, Kesler, and see what they say since they live the sport.

Listen, Ace. You and your team have won NOTHING. NOTHING at all. Flyer's fans are just that drunk asshole that is at every fukkin game riled up and roaring because he is so hammered he has no clue where he is. You know, that obnoxious fukk that thinks he is super fan because he is so beligerant and loud it makes him super fan? That is the entire fan base. You boo your team for fukk sakes.

The "Doop" song is 8 years old, and the Flyers stole it from The Union. What are you trying to prove here? The Red Wings dick is bigger than the Flyers dick. The discussion has been beaten to death. The fukking names on the cup have proven this.

/thread

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

bryz is russian trash let 30 goals in last 5 games

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

If minnesota was such a great fanbase the northstars wouldnt have left, the flyers will never leave philadelphia.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    If minnesota was such a great fanbase the northstars wouldnt have left, the flyers will never leave philadelphia.
    Know your facts...

As is well explained in a 1993 Sports Illustrated article, owner Norman Green was much reviled in Minnesota following his decision to relocate the franchise. Several reasons were cited for the relocation, including poor attendance during a string of losing seasons, the failure to reach deals for a new arena in either Minneapolis or Saint Paul, and a sexual harassment lawsuit against Green that resulted in his wife threatening to leave him unless he moved the team. The article included a quote from North Stars booster club president Julie Hammond: "When [Norm Green] came here, he said, 'Only an idiot could lose money on hockey in Minnesota.' Well, I guess he proved that point." The owners argued to change the name to either the Dallas Stars or the Dallas South Stars because they were located in the south.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Detroit won more Cups since the lockout than Flyers will win in the next 1000 years.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave k13 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Unreal this guy has some balls. I am more knowledgeable than anyone on this site bar none when it comes to hockey at every level. I'll bet my pad on that. I have played in the highest levels growing up with the jerk offs that you worship on TV stating they are your own. Let me call Booth, Hunwick, Hensick, Ryan, Kesler, and see what they say since they live the sport.

Listen, Ace. You and your team have won NOTHING. NOTHING at all. Flyer's fans are just that drunk asshole that is at every fukkin game riled up and roaring because he is so hammered he has no clue where he is. You know, that obnoxious fukk that thinks he is super fan because he is so beligerant and loud it makes him super fan? That is the entire fan base. You boo your team for fukk sakes.

The "Doop" song is 8 years old, and the Flyers stole it from The Union. What are you trying to prove here? The Red Wings dick is bigger than the Flyers dick. The discussion has been beaten to death. The fukking names on the cup have proven this.

/thread
    What a fukkin dikk.

You aren't anywhere near the most knowledgeable here. You've lost on every point you tried to make tonight.

You're also an arrogant dikkhead too. Flyers fans are drunk assholes huh?

Detroit couldn't suck our balls. The city is a fukkin wasteland.

On top of that, your watching us on tv. How the fukk does that feel bitch?

You know why you didn't respond to my replies to you? Because you couldn't.

As far as the Doop song goes, no the Flyers did not steal it from the Union dikkhead.

The Union had it and the Flyers called and actually asked them permission to use it, to which the Union said yes.

Nothing was stolen jerkoff.

Again, a typical Detroit hack of a fan who thinks he knows better than a Flyers fan but really doesn't know shit.

Fukk off asswipe.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

What a fukkin dikk.

You aren't anywhere near the most knowledgeable here. You've lost on every point you tried to make tonight.

You're also an arrogant dikkhead too. Flyers fans are drunk assholes huh?

Detroit couldn't suck our balls. The city is a fukkin wasteland.

On top of that, your watching us on tv. How the fukk does that feel bitch?

You know why you didn't respond to my replies to you? Because you couldn't.

As far as the Doop song goes, no the Flyers did not steal it from the Union dikkhead.

The Union had it and the Flyers called and actually asked them permission to use it, to which the Union said yes.

Nothing was stolen jerkoff.

Again, a typical Detroit hack of a fan who thinks he knows better than a Flyers but really doesn't know shit.

Fukk off asswipe.

What does the city have to do with anything? Have you been to Philly?

You drank Flyer coolaide and now you think you have a clue. It is quite clear to anyone that has any knowledge base in pucks at all that you're truly clueless. I made a mockery out of this thread which I hadn't planned but you indeed strengthened my original post.

Watching on TV? What are you doing? You have as much affiliation with them as I do. They know you as a person as much as they do me. You the mascot? You shine their jock straps between periods? What is your role on that team?

MC PICKS
    Update your status

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

What does the city have to do with anything? Have you been to Philly?

You drank Flyer coolaide and now you think you have a clue. It is quite clear to anyone that has any knowledge base in pucks at all that you're truly clueless. I made a mockery out of this thread which I hadn't planned but you indeed strengthened my original post.

Watching on TV? What are you doing? You have as much affiliation with them as I do. They know you as a person as much as they do me. You the mascot? You shine their jock straps between periods? What is your role on that team?
    Drink Flyers koolaid?

This is coming from a guy who's team is sitting at home watching mine on tv and then stating that he will bump this thread when Bryz has a meltdown.

What a jerkoff.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Drink Flyers koolaid?

This is coming from a guy who's team is sitting at home watching mine on tv and then stating that he will bump this thread when Bryz has a meltdown.

What a jerkoff.
    My team plays Tuesday nights in the beer leauge. The Red Wings lost to a hot goalie something the Flyers haven't seen yet. GL

Address my points too, tough guy. Don't ignore the burial.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Detroit won more Cups since the lockout than Flyers will win in the next 1000 years.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

My team plays Tuesday nights in the beer leauge. The Red Wings lost to a hot goalie something the Flyers haven't seen yet. GL

I did address your points. You never addressed mine.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

MC PICKS
    Update your status

Deuce watch the video i posted pal and learn how the flyers made an impact on hockey history like i said in an earlier post.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

This doesn't change my life at all. My life would be the same regardless, win or lose.

I've seen many great teams, played with hall of famers, had the Stanley Cup in my hands over my head. Had the cup over with notable stanley cup winners at family's house. Sat 11th row of the Stanley Cup finals. I have done and seen it all. You unfortunately haven't seen "your" team win shit.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Deuce watch the video i posted pal and learn how the flyers made an impact on hockey history like i said in an earlier post.
    I realize the point you're trying to make. They don't even belong in the same sentence as Howe, Yzerman, Lindsay, Sawchuk. They were great, they may be Philly legends but they are not all time legends. If one of them passed me in the street I wouldn't have a clue who they old duff was. You can't say the same about the others. RIP Terry.

MC PICKS
    Update your status

I realize the point you're trying to make. They don't even belong in the same sentence as Howe, Yzerman, Lindsay, Sawchuk. They were great, they may be Philly legends but they are not all time legends. If one of them passed me in the street I wouldn't have a clue who they old duff was. You can't say the same about the others. RIP Terry.
    The point i made is that hockey was shit till the flyers came along period. Nobody gave a shit about till the expansion and the flyers changed the way hockey is played forever, that is why the bullies are legends and not just locally.

LetsGoBruins
    LetsGoBruins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1495

The point i made is that hockey was shit till the flyers came along period. Nobody gave a shit about till the expansion and the flyers changed the way hockey is played forever, that is why the bullies are legends and not just locally.
    I am laughing so hard I am having a hard time typing this out.

Either that, or you have serious mental issues and/or are still drunk as **** from last night lol

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

Well I will even be fair here. Let's do modern era where the Flyers had a shot. 4 Cups to Zero since 1990. Wait, scratch that, since the salary cap era, 2-0. I think that is what every team sets out to accomplish. Let's be honest here. You're arguing a mute point. Anyone that knows anything about hockey would laugh at you until they can't breath anymore.

This is an interesting quote.... depending on your age (and hockey knowledge) there once was an unwritten rule in the NHL to NOT import russian players, because during the cold war Russia demanded payment to the government, (sometimes in the Millions) to allow Russians to come to the US to play hockey. Mind you the money went to the Russian government, not the player, or the teams they were leaving

Well Detroit Sucked so bad, they broke the unwritten rule and flooded the team with Russian imports and ended up stealing a few cups while the rest of the NHL caught up and started getting Russians on their teams too

At least 2 of your 4 most recent cups should be in a trophy case in Moscow, because they're the teams that won the cups

My guess is your too young to know any better, walked into the Joe as a kid, saw all the banners and thought your team was royalty ...actually thats NOT the case

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Deuce a hot goalie wont beat the flyers. You know that. They are an offensive juggernaut this year. IF the flyers can get healthy slowly ( getting meszaros and grossman back would help and jvr helps) thye should get thru the east regardless of the goalie. as a flyers lifer i am not convinced bryz is the answer.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Bernie Parent was a legend. He won the playoff MVP trophy 2 straight years and the vezina b2b. Bobby Clarke was the only guy with the guts to go and knock out kharlamov to help canada win the summit series. He won the hart trophy three out of 4 seasons and won back to back cups. Those guys are hockey legends. Not saying the detroit guys arent.

ThinkingTrip
    ThinkingTrip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Love fans who think they are a part of a team... C'mon seriously..

PuckOff
    PuckOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4352

Put down the crack pipe, it's bad for your brain.

The Flyers are the only team in the history of the sport to do something more than simply winning a stanley cup and actually transcend the sport itself.

The Flyers (CANADIAN HOCKEY PLAYERS) beat the russians and won the Cold War. When the Soviet Army came to play the whole world watched because of the politics involved.
    Thank Canada for that PF. Every single player on that roster was a Canadian born and bred player.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by MTek View Post
    This is an interesting quote.... depending on your age (and hockey knowledge) there once was an unwritten rule in the NHL to NOT import russian players, because during the cold war Russia demanded payment to the government, (sometimes in the Millions) to allow Russians to come to the US to play hockey. Mind you the money went to the Russian government, not the player, or the teams they were leaving

Well Detroit Sucked so bad, they broke the unwritten rule and flooded the team with Russian imports and ended up stealing a few cups while the rest of the NHL caught up and started getting Russians on their teams too

At least 2 of your 4 most recent cups should be in a trophy case in Moscow, because they're the teams that won the cups

My guess is your too young to know any better, walked into the Joe as a kid, saw all the banners and thought your team was royalty ...actually thats NOT the case

So now because they had Russian players it negates the fact they were one of the best teams of all times?

I've heard it all. Unwritten rule? Bure, Mogilny, Gonchar, Kovalev?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

This doesn't change my life at all. My life would be the same regardless, win or lose.

I've seen many great teams, played with hall of famers, had the Stanley Cup in my hands over my head. Had the cup over with notable stanley cup winners at family's house. Sat 11th row of the Stanley Cup finals. I have done and seen it all. You unfortunately haven't seen "your" team win shit.
    This perfectly illustrates why Flyers fans are far superior to everyone else in this country.

Flyers fans live and die with their team.

You could care less as you so happily point out.

Yes, I have seen the Stanley Cup Parades here in Philly.

The largest crowds in the history of Philadelphia.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

This is a fair point.

The fact is, and it often gets overlooked, is that the Flyers were the biggest attraction the NHL had at that time and it wasn't even close.

Flyers games were sold out weeks in advance when they traveled to other cities.

They were considered a spectacle that had to be seen.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by PuckOff View Post
    Thank Canada for that PF. Every single player on that roster was a Canadian born and bred player.
    Yes, of course.

Don't discount the fact that they were playing in the city of Philadelphia though, the most historic city in the US and the first capital of the country.

The symbolism was perfect and it only served to raise the stakes involved.

Literally, the whole world watched.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Love how even a thread supporting the Flyers turns into a battle with PhillyFlyers. No wonder you can't get a girl

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

I've seen many great teams, played with hall of famers, had the Stanley Cup in my hands over my head. Had the cup over with notable stanley cup winners at family's house. Sat 11th row of the Stanley Cup finals. I have done and seen it all..
    and to think, for the past 4 years+ you've been here posting ~15x a day.
    i think we can see where your life ended up...hmm, would that be "win" or "lose"
    betchya wish it changed your life...but now you just change your avatar

*ill now leave you to get working on those "broke dikk phuck" (non pro) jokes you guys whip out when backed into a corner.
    but please realize not a single sponsored sbr book gives actual track odds/payouts for the horse player.-if you find one-i got yer 2 bills right here

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

Quote Originally Posted by PuckIt View Post
    Love how even a thread supporting the Flyers turns into a battle with PhillyFlyers.
    i love how the flyers played yesterday.
    how bout you?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by cecil127 View Post
    and to think, for the past 4 years+ you've been here posting ~15x a day.
    i think we can see where your life ended up...hmm, would that be "win" or "lose"
    betchya wish it changed your life...but now you just change your avatar

*ill now leave you to get working on those "broke dikk phuck" (non pro) jokes you guys whip out when backed into a corner.
    but please realize not a single sponsored sbr book gives actual track odds/payouts for the horse player.-if you find one-i got yer 2 bills right here
    I attack the thread not the poster. I am not 15. I don't have to attack people on the internet to make myself feel better. My curriculum vitae speaks for itself. I don't need to prove myself to anyone. Those who know me respect my knowledge in hockey. Those that don't will continue to hate and think they have a clue while riding a pipe dream of a first round win.

First 1234 Last