dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Bruins Capitals back to backs saturday and sunday

Why would they make them play back to backs in 2 cities within 24 hours of each other? Tomorrows game is at 3pm. I know it sucks for both teams but I think it hurts the Bruins the most....38 year old goalie.Thomas played a back to back I remember sometime during the season and he was terrible the second game. I might have to buy back some of my series bet and put some on washington......If the Bruins lose today the series is over.

dredmahawkus

although I heard a commentator say the b2bs favor the more physical team.....one thing I know is Thomas responds to rest. I have no idea how it will effect Holtby....whats this his 7th NHL game?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

go Caps

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

boston fans are so biased towards seguin. everytime he touches puck they scream lol. he just turned puck over bigtime at about the the 18min mark. he has not played well

hockey216

caps just got a huge chance stemming from seguin missing puck in neutral zone.

hockey216

bruins need to move their feet on pp more. they pass puck fine but if they moved feet a little while passing would open up more chances

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Bruins can't score on a rookie. lol

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

score, ... score, nice shot from brad marchand

dredmahawkus

YOu think they look bad now....wait till tomorrow. they are rough in back to backs this year.

dredmahawkus

what was the best line all year? seguin marchand and bergeron.....why dont they give them a shift together?

dredmahawkus

Bruins are done....Thomas lost it....and he will be worse tomorrow on no rest...series over.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

looked bad. wtf

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    YOu think they look bad now....wait till tomorrow. they are rough in back to backs this year.
    I would agree, but outside of Holtby caps have not really been impressive. Thomas hopefully bounces back, this one was on him.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

I have watched every Bruins game this year. Bruins have been great on the 2nd day of back to backs this year, actually. Probably one of the best records in the league in that situation.

Bruins strength is depth, they balance out ice time between the 4 lines more so than any other team in the NHL which is why Boston is so equipped for success on the 2nd day of back to backs, and why they have dominated opponents playing for the 2nd straight night all season long. The back to back is a huge advantage for Boston. It is just the start time that isn't in Boston's favor, Boston have sucked and come out sluggish in afternoon Matinee's all year.

PuckIt
    See Premonition Below
    PuckIt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I know it sucks for both teams but I think it hurts the Bruins the most....38 year old goalie.
    What, Thomas gonna miss Sunday Bingo?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

So they culd get 2 nbc games out of an attractive series

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Stupid scheduling just for TV. There should never be back to back in the playoffs.

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

whats the play? Im thinking washingtons just going to keep doing what theyre doing but I need to know!?

dredmahawkus

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    I have watched every Bruins game this year. Bruins have been great on the 2nd day of back to backs this year, actually. Probably one of the best records in the league in that situation.

Bruins strength is depth, they balance out ice time between the 4 lines more so than any other team in the NHL which is why Boston is so equipped for success on the 2nd day of back to backs, and why they have dominated opponents playing for the 2nd straight night all season long. The back to back is a huge advantage for Boston. It is just the start time that isn't in Boston's favor, Boston have sucked and come out sluggish in afternoon Matinee's all year.
    I think you were thinking of last year.....this year they were mediocre during b2bs. The only team they beat was Ottawa who they dominated all year. I remember them losing to Winnipeg and Pitt.....Last year they won almost every b2b.
    Yes they have great depth...but Thomas is a year older! and he responds to rest. You have watched him all year...the more time he has off between starts the better he is! I am nervous about today.

For a play I think the over might be the best bet.

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Even money on Wash TT O2.5, your saying Thomas should be off his game?

dredmahawkus

he is 38 years old.....I know the more rest he gets the better he is. they are playing each other less then 24 hours from the last game. I played the over.....and as a Bs fan very nervous about todays game.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22604

Wash -1.5 +330

dredmahawkus

Now that also is if the Bs defense will let them get shots in on Thomas!

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

I think you were thinking of last year.....this year they were mediocre during b2bs. The only team they beat was Ottawa who they dominated all year. I remember them losing to Winnipeg and Pitt.....Last year they won almost every b2b.
    Yes they have great depth...but Thomas is a year older! and he responds to rest. You have watched him all year...the more time he has off between starts the better he is! I am nervous about today.

Not sure where you are getting your numbers from, Bruins are 8-4 on the second game of back to backs this year outscoring the opponents 49-34, which is probably best in the NHL in that situation, and Thomas has a winning record individually on the 2nd night of a back to back when playing both games.