BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Hockey guys...

Any reason why the books keep giving MN Wild good value? Have been going small with them for a while and have wanted to go larger, but limit my hockey wager amount to action only amounts as it's usually one of my worst sports.

Is it just me, or have the lines been right? I mean, they're getting darn near +money at home last week.

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Ride the money train

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I guess, when they give money, take money.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Books prob think they are over achieving

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Minnesota is over achieving. I am not saying they are a bad team because obviously they are not. Take a look at the overall total of goals. They are +9 against opponents. They have won a lot of games this year by single goals. There is most definitely value is fading them on the PL. This is also to be said about Dallas. Dallas leading their division with a goal differential of -3. This has a lot to do with Leightonen being out. If you want to compare, look at Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, the legit elitist in the NHL. Their differential is much greater...

Boston +34
    Detroit +19
    Pittsburgh +19
    Rangers +18

Look for great value this year with a team like Florida or Edmonton. Fading Philly, Vancouver, can be profitable as well. We're starting to get to that point where the cream rises to the top. Be careful and bet smart.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jturn49

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Minnesota is over achieving. I am not saying they are a bad team because obviously they are not. Take a look at the overall total of goals. They are +9 against opponents. They have won a lot of games this year by single goals. There is most definitely value is fading them on the PL. This is also to be said about Dallas. Dallas leading their division with a goal differential of -3. This has a lot to do with Leightonen being out. If you want to compare, look at Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, the legit elitist in the NHL. Their differential is much greater...

Boston +34
    Detroit +19
    Pittsburgh +19
    Rangers +18

Look for great value this year with a team like Florida or Edmonton. Fading Philly, Vancouver, can be profitable as well. We're starting to get to that point where the cream rises to the top. Be careful and bet smart.
    Thanks pal. Nice info

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Red hot Minnesota team at +170 tonight.

Might throw my BTP free play on the Wild tonight.

Talk me out of it!

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

not a strong team, nobody is taking them seriously.

Just like how Edmonton was leading the western conference a few weeks ago, everyone knew that wouldn't last long.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Completely understand but they've made me a nice chunk as of late and they keep getting these lines.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

The Sharks have won the last 3 meetings between these two teams. This is the 4th straight meeting between these two that is being played in San Jose. Its not often that you see two teams play each other 4 times in a row all in the same venue. My guess is the books are overvaluing the Wild @ +170 tonight to get the public to hammer them at that price because of their success this year. But I personally think its a trap but we've all been wrong before. That's just my 2 cents, good luck with whatever you decide to wager.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

NHL handicappers are smarter than you are, just assume that to be true while trying to make plays.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Agree, trust me, I'm probably one of the worst NHL handicappers ever.

I'll just stay away. Thanks for the info guys.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Minny won't get the respect they deserve until they make the playoffs and the public starts to take notice. That team has been great to cash in on in the right spots for a couple years now. Hope they miss again so I can keep making money on them.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Nice value on Minnesota definetely. I'm expecting a score like 3-2..May go OT.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I just figured the line should be around +150.

babyjesus
    Up with hope, Down with dope
    babyjesus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

i took the yotes ml tonight, got to love the ducks/sharks battle tonight!

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Completely different team with mike Yeo coaching. They aren't being babied by Todd Richards anymore. In his 1 year coaching in the AHL he turned the last place aeros into a #1 team. This team is filled with rookies and young players. It isn't a coincidence that they are playing much better than people think they should
    Last edited by samgurt; 12-06-11 at 11:24 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Wild look good. Value was definitely on Wild +170 IMO.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

nice win BUT....another goalie out. not good. Wouldn't be surprised if harding has a concussion