billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Columbus Blue Jackets -120, Calgary @ Detroit under 5.5

One of my favorite NHL betting angles in this one: an Eastern Conference squad on the road against a Western division foe. Throw in the 4 games in 6 nights angle and I have a hard time turning down this line.

Here is a little known fact. Did anyone know that Columbus of all teams leads the league in power plays this season.
    Does not mean a ton if they don't convert them but I have watched there last few and the addition of James Wisniewski has added some life. And this is the Leafs they are matched up with. Their PK is worse than brutal having allowed goals in 6 of their last 10 kills and a 55.5 kill rate over their last 5 games. Throw the ever erratic Jonas Gustavsson into the mix and it is hard to leave this play on the board.

Not for the faint of heart it is a 2-9 team against and 8-3 team but this is the first Western Conference road game for the Leafs and they may be a bit heavy footed tonight against a rested Columbus squad.

I am for 1.2 to win 1 unit Columbus Blue Jackets -120 @ Pinny

I am also questioning how this total for the Calgary vs. Detroit game is still @ 5.5. Quite simply put neither one of these teams can score to save their lives right now. I watched both of their games on Tuesday and the Red Wings generated a few chances but did not convert. They did however play their usual stellar defensive game and did not allow a goal until there was 30 seconds or so left in the game.

Calgary on the other hand generated nothing remotely close to an offense in their game against Vancouver. They flat out stunk. I do not see them getting much against the patented trapping left wing lock style of Detroit.

I am sorry I did not hop on this sooner as it opened -115 and has shot all the way up to -129 but I will grab it now. I don't see enough play on this number to drive it down to 5.

Risking 1.29 to win 1 unit

Good luck tonight puckers
    Last edited by billysink; 11-03-11 at 03:48 PM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Smart angle, was wondering why the money is on Columbus, they must be tired somewhat.