Corseting
    It's like getting 2 birds stoned at once
    Corseting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Picks of the night (Oct.14) (Record 4-3-0)

Wow rough night for me last night, at least (other then montreal) it was down to the wire with the kings and blues. Hopefully you all threw some big money down on the desert dogs with huge value, definitely helped me come out strong!

Picks for this excellent Friday, with limited NHL action

Gold(Record 1-1-0) Carolina/Buffalo Under 5.5

These two teams have split the overs and unders fairly evenly over the past few seasons since the lockout. But I'm expecting a big under in this game, Both of these teams are hungry and will put up multiple shots (which is what Ward and Miller thrive on).. Lets look at the stats. The last 4 games these teams have played have gone under 5.5. (3-2, 3-2, 1-0, 2-1). But shots in those games respectively are : 35-29, 29-24, 40-33, 36-31. These goalies play better against eachother and it has not made a difference whatsoever which home city they are playing in. Ward and Miller love shots on net, they stay on their toes and hot all game. Expect this game to stay tight to the number. Carolina 3-2.

Silver(Record 1-1-0): Anaheim +104 at Home

Anaheim. Perry, Ryan, Getzlaf, Hiller all healthy. +104 at home. Havlat, Niemi, Nittymaki injured, Marleau with the flu. Explain to me why you wouldnt bet this. No really...

Bronze(Record 2-0-0):Carolina +158

Which brings me to my next pick. over the past 3 seasons, Carolina and Buffalo have split the battle 4-4. When playing IN Buffalo, Carolina is 2-2 There past 4 matchups. As mentioned in the gold pick, this game is going under the total in another goalie duel between these guys. Cam Ward makes it happen big time for his Canes to bring them around .500.Plus LOOK AT THE VALUE! +158 is a ridiculous line for Carolina, I would expect this for a team like Ottawa but not these guys. As mentioned, Carolina 3-2

Good luck to all!

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

I have to agree with all 3 plays. Gl!

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Like the Anaheim pick.

I'd stay away from Carolina. Buffalo has something to prove to it's new owner in their home opener after a lot of buzz and some major spending on the facilites and personnel. I expect them to come out fast and furious tonight. I put this one somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-1 Buffalo.

Good luck.

Corseting

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
    Like the Anaheim pick.

I'd stay away from Carolina. Buffalo has something to prove to it's new owner in their home opener after a lot of buzz and some major spending on the facilites and personnel. I expect them to come out fast and furious tonight. I put this one somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-1 Buffalo.

Good luck.
    I agree for sure with buffalo looking to prove something, Im basing this on the past performances of these 2 teams mostly. Plus like I said, its always worth a look when a team like this has +160 type odds. Definitely a bronze pick that deserves a bit of action, I seem to be hitting my dogs pretty strong so I figure its worth the gamble when the line is right. I can't ever rule out Cam Ward!

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

wat are your units of play for gold, silver and bronze? if you don't mind me asking.

Corseting

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    wat are your units of play for gold, silver and bronze? if you don't mind me asking.
    It varies from night to night.....I rarely keep track of units up or down... I prefer to just have fun with this and see if I can get a decent record going while making some cash... For tonight, 4 units on the under, 3 on Anaheim, 1.5 on carolina

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I am looking at the Anaheim game myself right now, not sure if I have found a play (or will)

Corseting

Not putting it down as official... but I like the over in the Anaheim game as well. 3 overs the last 3 match ups for these guys.