CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Canucks-Boston Game 4 Discussion

Canucks fan here...

Remember when Torres knocked out Seabrook and then starts the downward spiral for the Canucks as they get blown out and lose all momentum and almost lose that series.

Aaron Rome knocks out Nathan Horton and the Canucks get spanked around by the Bruins. Now I`m not saying momentum is THAT important, but with the Bruins being much better at home, Thomas playing superb with obviously something to prove, and Canucks still without Hamhuis and now possibly Rome, very tempting to take Boston again.

Vancouver just has to stick to the basics. Stop trying to go out there and make some hero hit....play like you`re suppose too which is taking advantage of your speed, skill and depth. Bruins PK has stepped it up and notching 2 shorthanded goals has to give them some confidence.

Public might overreact here and pile all over Boston for Game 4....so we`ll have to see where the line moves. If Canucks do win, it`s going to be a low scoring affair as I can`t see the Canucks getting 3+ goals vs Thomas.

Canucks TT Under 2.5 is a possible big play.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zacharyj53

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Nice write up, pal...

Give me a winner...

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Vancouver has been able to overcome games like this all season, including the playoffs. No surprise Boston won game 3. Sure the score was lopsided but that doesn't win you anything but game 3.

Vancouver will win game 4 IMO and game 5

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I've yet to win in the playoffs when I bet on the Canucks. I'm gonna lay off so they have a chance.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Just take the canucks if the line is the same as game 3.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Bos shot there load. Teams always react to getting pumped.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Vancouver has been able to overcome games like this all season, including the playoffs. No surprise Boston won game 3. Sure the score was lopsided but that doesn't win you anything but game 3.

Vancouver will win game 4 IMO and game 5
    Yeah....I did like Canucks Game 4 before this. Have to see....Canucks usually dont fare well the game after giving up 7+ goals.

Odds of Boston scoring 2 SH goals again is highly unlikely and I`m not yet sold on Boston.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'll be all over Boston if the line is decent. I'm thinking Boston -130, which is about my limit.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

rooting for Boston to take the series, not betting it, just rooting as a fan... GL with your wagers

CanuckG

Doubt Boston will be that high....or shouldn`t be anyways.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Yeah....I did like Canucks Game 4 before this. Have to see....Canucks usually dont fare well the game after giving up 7+ goals.

Odds of Boston scoring 2 SH goals again is highly unlikely and I`m not yet sold on Boston.
    game 4 won't be like this one. Canucks will prevail

fukk I hope so

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

This series is going to continue to be ugly. I really don't think things change going forward..

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Chase bet the Nucks to the cup

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

canucks will win this series in 5 games, guaranteed! boston scored all the goals they will for the rest of the series, luongo bounces back and the canucks celebrate at home with the stanley cup at the end of the week.

Philphan
    Philphan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canucks should bounce back here I would think

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Canucks and under in game 4.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

like canucks and under as well.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Line is basically the same for game 4.

+111/-120

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Horton is out. nhl.com reports hes done for the year with a severe concussion. Losing Horton is a huge loss for the bruins. He's their best scorer in this postseason after krejci. and he has 17 points so far. he had 2 game-winning goals in game 7. yes game 3 was a blowout. but blowouts are sometimes bad for teams. i've seen many teams have letdowns the game following blowouts. will boston keep focused and not lose composure? or will they get cocky and blow game 4? i guess we will see. But losing Horton is a big loss for the bruins. This would be like Vancouver losing kessler or daniel sedin. It's tough to think that the bruins will be better without horton just because of a motivational boost. yea, they want to win it for horton... but they just lost one of their best players. I liked boston in game 3... but now without horton i think it'd be tough to bet them. I think vancouver will be able to put this loss behind them. like Dwight said.. it doesnt matter if you win by a score of 2-1 or 500-1. all you get is 1 win.

hockey216

boston only had 3 right wings, so now they're down to 2. obviously theyre gonna have a couple centers playing right wing though. recchi and marchand are both lefties. horton had 2 game 7 winners so far. he had the game winner in game 7 against montreal and the game winner in game 7 against TB. losing horton is a really big loss. Now what do you do with the lines? put peverley, kelly, or ryder on top line? lol.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Vancouver will have a difficult time winning any games in Boston. Julien is a big match-up's coach and uses last change very well, especially against top heavy teams like Vancouver. No coincidence Boston have won 8 of last 9 at home. Sedin line will never get even strength ice time without being matched up against Bergeron's line and Chara /Seidenberg on the back end, which is the best shut down 5 in the NHL in my opinion. That line was completely invisible in game 3, and should be more of the same in game 4. Vancouver need Kesler (who has looked lost since Boychuk drilled him early in game 2) to step up, or to get some scoring from their third line if they want to win game 4.

jstblaze
    jstblaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

2-1 boston victory in game 4.

they will continue to score.

Canukc
    Canukc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2535

Just look back one series. VAN first 2 at home, SJ grabs first one at home then crashes.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Remember what happened last time lou let in 7 or goals? He blew the next one 5-0 at home to Chicago , then he had to sit the following game...
    Hate to think what he's gonna be thinking if they go down early 1 or 2 goals in game 4, with schedier looking over his shoulder again...lol

charlesbroccoli
    charlesbroccoli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5829

that was the worst game yesterday, need canucks to win..

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I like Vancouver to bounce back

hockey216

Tough to think Boston can win the series without Horton. I think the canucks quit once they got down 3 goals. Boston can win game 4 if thomas plays just like he did last game. but i think its a coinflip. I liked boston a lot better with horton in the lineup. Losing horton is a really big loss for the bruins.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I'll see what the line is like but I took BOS game three and could easily go with them again. I have to say I'm impressed with Lou standing tall (while VAN still cared enough to try). Not a Thomas-like performance but I wouldn't expect that from Roberto. I personally think BOS demonstrated (yet again) their resilience and although VAN has shown this as well BOS at home for a reasonable price is my current thinking. A four game suspension (if this is correct, I only heard it in passing today) is ridiculous for Rome. I can see five and a game, any more is overkill. Cheers

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

All the squares will be pounding Boston after the 8-1 beatdown. Canucks is the play.

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4536

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    All the squares will be pounding Boston after the 8-1 beatdown. Canucks is the play.
    Can't agree more. Canucks will win GAME 4 for sure, either a 3-2 game or 2-1 game Canucks winning. CANUCKS!!!!

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Go Vancouver! Should be easy with Horton out.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post
    Go Vancouver! Should be easy with Horton out.
    Right.....because it was so easy when he went out and Boston destroyed us.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    Remember what happened last time lou let in 7 or goals? He blew the next one 5-0 at home to Chicago , then he had to sit the following game...
    Hate to think what he's gonna be thinking if they go down early 1 or 2 goals in game 4, with schedier looking over his shoulder again...lol
    This. A whole lotta this. The Bruins are in Luongo's head.

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Tough to think Boston can win the series without Horton. I think the canucks quit once they got down 3 goals. Boston can win game 4 if thomas plays just like he did last game. but i think its a coinflip. I liked boston a lot better with horton in the lineup. Losing horton is a really big loss for the bruins.
    we have heard this about Thomas in just about every game he has played in this playoff season. When will people give this guy his due? He is the best goalie in the game right now. Without question.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    I usually like your reasoning, and I tend to agree with alot of what you type, but this time around-
    A square I be. We dont know how Luongo will respond to that game. Alot of the goals were scored in and around the same area on Luongo, and it almost seems as if the Bruins have finally found his "weakness". Top shoulder on glove side. Patience is Luongo's enemy. I think we are in for a dandy of a game 4, with a dead knotted series heading back to Vancity.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Thought I found something with Luongo playoff trends, but I looked at it again and it's not much. The theory is he starts out series strong and becomes weaker and weaker throughout the series.... This theory was also looking into him starting strong at home especially and then playing weaker on the road.

Note: I only went through game 5 of each series, so game 6's and 7's are not in this data.

2009 playoffs

St. Louis series
    game 1 - 1 goals allowed
    game 2 - 0 goals allowed
    game 3 @ - 2 goals allowed
    game 4 @ - 2 goals allowed

Chicago series
    game 1 - 3 goals allowed
    game 2 - 5 goals allowed
    game 3 @ - 1 goals allowed
    game 5 - 3 goals allowed

2010 playoffs:

Kings series
    game 1 - 2 goals allowed
    game 2 - 3 goals allowed
    game 3 @ - 4 goals allowed
    game 4 @ - 4 goals allowed
    game 5 - 2 goals allowed

Chicago series
    game 1 @ - 1 goals allowed
    game 2 @ - 3 goals allowed
    game 3 - 5 goals allowed
    game 4 - 6 goals allowed
    game 5 @ - 1 goals allowed

2011 playoffs:

Chicago series
    game 1 - 0 goals allowed
    game 2 - 3 goals allowed
    game 4 @ - 6 goals allowed
    game 5 - 4 goals allowed

Nashville series
    game 1 - 0 goals allowed
    game 2 - 2 goals allowed
    game 5 - 4 goals allowed

San Jose series
    game 1 - 2 goals allowed
    game 2 - 3 goals allowed
    game 3 @ - 4 goals allowed
    game 5 - 2 goals allowed

Boston series
    game 1 - 0 goals allowed
    game 2 - 2 goals allowed
    game 3 @ - 8 goals allowed
    game 4 - ????

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Too much is being made of the loss of Horton (from a game perspective I mean). Yes, he had upped his game and come up with some game-winners, but every one was directly due to the great play of Krejci. Ryder, Seguin, or Peverly will be fine at right wing on that line. I actually think Seguin (who was scratched to get Thornton in the lineup) is going to do something special and take advantage of his minutes before this series is over.

I still think tonight is a toss-up though. Luongo will bounce back, and I'm predicting another tight one that ends 2-1 or 3-2, maybe even OT.

123 Last