DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by pickemtowinem View Post
    This. A whole lotta this. The Bruins are in Luongo's head.

we have heard this about Thomas in just about every game he has played in this playoff season. When will people give this guy his due? He is the best goalie in the game right now. Without
    question.

I usually like your reasoning, and I tend to agree with alot of what you type, but this time around-
    A square I be. We dont know how
    Luongo will respond to that game. Alot of the goals were scored in and around the same area on Luongo, and it almost seems as if the Bruins have finally found his "weakness". Top shoulder on glove side. Patience is Luongo's enemy. I think we are in for
    a dandy of a game 4, with a dead knotted series heading back to Vancity.
    Fair enough sir, good luck to you. Just keep in mind it was the shotty D that led to 8 goals not bad goaltending from Lou.

Bouzouki
    Bouzouki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3850

Posted this in another thread, but thought people here might be interested too.
    The UNDER is the way to go. Boston can not put up anywhere close to 8 goals again. Both defenses are showing up, and most importantly, it is going to be 90 degrees in Boston today. The ice at the TD Garden is notoriously BAD. With the hot weather, the ice will be even worse, very soft and the puck will be all over the place and hard to get good shots on goal. Good Luck!

BTW, I live in Boston.

gti175
    gti175's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1509

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Fair enough sir, good luck to you. Just keep in mind it was the shotty D that led to 8 goals not bad goaltending from Lou.

Dennis come on, he was responsible for half if not more...

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

id say playing 5 d' deep hurt them. but luongo's at fault on at least 4 of those goals.
    last time Bruins scored 8 in a game (8-1 win over tampa) they lost the next game in OT.

trend bet, game goes to OT for +275? Me thinks so....

good luck to you as well.

gtkid911
    Gambling is a marathon
    gtkid911's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

B's take this one as Luongo is definitely a little rattled. They were just playing so much more aggresive while the Nucks looked tired.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

More points: Alex Burrows vs. Michael Ryder (+115)

I took this prop in game 3, and think it is also a good play for game 4. Ryder is probably the most likely option to move up to Horton's spot on the Boston's top line. Even if he stays on the third line, he should get some soft match-ups that can be exploited playing on the third line. Boston can get the ideal match-ups against the Sedin/Burrows line with last change, and shut that line down once again. Burrows was invisible in game 3, not even a shot on goal (and the team had 41), and I expect more of the same this game. Ryder is a very streaky player, should be a good chance he carries over his 3 point game three into this one. Ryder also see's more PP time than Burrows.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Boston will win game 4 ...thomas is golden at home and loungo is a headcase...hitting horton lije that can bring a team together real quick..losing hirton for series hurts on the offensive end but I like others to step up in this series im leaning under as well...see a 2-1 type of game tonight ..i still feel vancover ends it in 6/7 but tonight the bruins roar again.

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

go bostonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

the flasher in vancouver should do it to the sedins, might turn them into real men.

70kgman

Just read Vigneault has been crying to the NHL about Thomas' hit on Sedin, trying to get them to do something about Thomas leaving his crease and making contact with his players.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

took bruins ml -118 for tonight. gl

R6MC
    R6MC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24711

All the squares will be pounding Boston after the 8-1 beatdown. Canucks is the play.
    [ ] sufficient reasoning

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Quote Originally Posted by 70kgman View Post
    More points: Alex Burrows vs. Michael Ryder (+115)

I took this prop in game 3, and think it is also a good play for game 4. Ryder is probably the most likely option to move up to Horton's spot on the Boston's top line. Even if he stays on the third line, he should get some soft match-ups that can be exploited playing on the third line. Boston can get the ideal match-ups against the Sedin/Burrows line with last change, and shut that line down once again. Burrows was invisible in game 3, not even a shot on goal (and the team had 41), and I expect more of the same this game. Ryder is a very streaky player, should be a good chance he carries over his 3 point game three into this one. Ryder also see's more PP time than Burrows.

Burrows is a much better player than ryder. Sure, he's the most likely to get bumped up. although i wouldn't be shocked if he bumps Chris kelly up. But, i think ryder's an idiot. Sure, he can shoot. but he has a very low hockey IQ. and he doesn't play the system. He tries to be a hero and skate through 4 people like he's wayne gretzky. Sure, he might get some more ice time. but burrows wont be short on ice team either. and i think Burrows is a much better player. Ryder can shoot, but can't do much else. horrible on defense, but i guess that doesn't affect point totals. i just see him kill offensive possessions by trying to be a hero instead of playing Julien's system. And don't forget Ryder was awful towards the end of the regular season. I think Burrows is a much better player. Then again, what do i know? haha.

70kgman

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    Burrows is a much better player than ryder. Sure, he's the most likely to get bumped up. although i wouldn't be shocked if he bumps Chris kelly up. But, i think ryder's an idiot. Sure, he can shoot. but he has a very low hockey IQ. and he doesn't play the system. He tries to be a hero and skate through 4 people like he's wayne gretzky. Sure, he might get some more ice time. but burrows wont be short on ice team either. and i think Burrows is a much better player. Ryder can shoot, but can't do much else. horrible on defense, but i guess that doesn't affect point totals. i just see him kill offensive possessions by trying to be a hero instead of playing Julien's system. And don't forget Ryder was awful towards the end of the regular season. I think Burrows is a much better player. Then again, what do i know? haha.
    Burrows is a better player than Ryder. That doesn't mean he is going to score more points than Ryder every game. As I said, playing match-ups here. Boston...home ice, last change, Burrows will never see any ice time on that 1st line without being matched up against Chara/Seidenberg and Bergeron's shut down line. That Sedin/Burrows line should be a non factor 5 on 5. And I like Ryders chance of picking up at least a point no matter which line he plays on. Wager will likely just end up in a push after is all is said and done, but like the value there on Ryder at +115.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Over 5.5 games +110 would probably be magic for a lot of you.....

LasNoches777
    LasNoches777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canucks champion. Game 4. Canucks win and under 5.5.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10364

there s no 5.5 out there

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

I like Boston here. I don't see them having any sort of emotional let down after the blowout win. They're pumped up about the biting and the cheap shots, not to mention the Stanley Cup. This is not a game where a team will tune out.

I do see Boston getting an edge with the sloppy ice, though. Thomas will be more used to the Garden conditions than Luongo. Also, in any sport a game with sloppy conditions is going to give a boost to the team that has more trouble scoring under normal conditions. Vancouver's offense doesn't need to rely on lucky bounces to get good scoring opportunities, they'll get those opportunities regardless. For a defensive minded team like Boston, it's more difficult for them to get prime scoring opportunities, so a few lucky rolls of the puck due to the bad conditions could lead to some excellent scoring opportunities they wouldn't ordinarily see.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Just read Vigneault has been crying to the NHL about Thomas' hit on Sedin, trying to get them to do something about Thomas leaving his crease and making contact with his players.
    Can you blame him? LOL the retard seems to think he's a player out there and not a goalie. He hit a Sedin which is about the equivalent of hitting a girl

Loved his failed hit attempt that cost the B's in game two. So on second thought keep on trying to be tough and hit people Mr. Timmy bi-sexual Thomas

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by gti175 View Post
    Dennis come on, he was responsible for half if not more...
    He let in 2-3 soft ones yes I would say but take those away and it's still a 5-1 game. Lou is always the scapegoat when the Canucks lose doesn't matter if it's 2-1 or 8-1 he always gets the blame. The Canucks team as a whole was terrible after the 1st period. They must have given up like 10 odd man rushes in the 2nd period alone.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Deja Vu: Boston and the over again tonight!

hockey216

Burrows is a better player than Ryder. That doesn't mean he is going to score more points than Ryder every game. As I said, playing match-ups here. Boston...home ice, last change, Burrows will never see any ice time on that 1st line without being matched up against Chara/Seidenberg and Bergeron's shut down line. That Sedin/Burrows line should be a non factor 5 on 5. And I like Ryders chance of picking up at least a point no matter which line he plays on. Wager will likely just end up in a push after is all is said and done, but like the value there on Ryder at +115.
    may end up as a push. Depends on the lineup. I'd wait just before gametime to see what lineup claude is going with. If ryder's up on the top line, you might have a shot. But if he puts chris kelly up there, ryder won't get much ice time. i just think it's tough to pick Ryder over Burrows. yea, chara and seidenberg will play a lot against the top and 2nd line, and the bergeron unit is great 2nd line... but they won't just be focused on burrows. kessler and the sedins are going to be points of focus too. Bieksa will probably be out there on the top line... even if ryder does move up. I don't know. could happen. but if i had to pick a goal scorer for boston (not counting defensemen) i'd have to go with Krejci or Lucic or Marchand over ryder. Sure, those matchups will probably be a "krejci vs. kessler" or a "krejci v. d. sedin" which is slightly tougher because they're better than burrows. but i just think it's tough betting a worse player to outscore a better player at only +115. I'd be more comfortable betting on Krejci or Lucic to net a goal, rather than ryder. but i don't know what those props look like. i havent checked. I just think burrows is a lot better a player than ryder is. Even with the matchups, its a little tough. but hey, it could happen.

anyway, i'd wait until around 7 or so to try to get some more information on the lineups. espnboston.com is a great resource on bruins coverage, and bruins.com might have some info. obviously if you get the nhl network and can get the pregame reports, that's be good. Just make sure ryder is playing on the top line before you place the bet. if Claude decides to move chris kelly up (less likely, but could happen), it will be tougher with the less ice time he gets from 3rd line.

anyway, as a bruins fan i hope ryder does net some goals! Good luck! and Go bruins!

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by Bouzouki View Post
    Posted this in another thread, but thought people here might be interested too.
    The UNDER is the way to go. Boston can not put up anywhere close to 8 goals again. Both defenses are showing up, and most importantly, it is going to be 90 degrees in Boston today. The ice at the TD Garden is notoriously BAD. With the hot weather, the ice will be even worse, very soft and the puck will be all over the place and hard to get good shots on goal. Good Luck!

BTW, I live in Boston.
    This is the type of shiz we need more of here!!

No one probably has this information, but would love to see some stats in regards to hot weather in Boston, or any cold weather city, and how the temperature relates to scoring in games where the ice is soft.
    If you look at the winter classic scores, 3 out of the 4 games have been under 5 goals. And the past 2 games have both been relatively warm, 39 degrees in 2010 and rain in 2011, and both games went under 5.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Bruins have pretty much shut down the Vancouver power play and Luongo could be shaky again. I think the Bruins need just one of those things to happen again and Thomas to continue to shine and they take this in regulation.

Sedin fake head injury in game 3 was a disgrace. Is Julien the only French Canadian coach that doesn't promote flopping? Bruins should have the gods on their side tonight, but they are a fickle bunch, so we will see.

70kgman

m
    Zero chance Kelly gets put on the 1st line. It will either be Peverly or Ryder. Seguin may even get a couple shifts on that line.

Bouzouki
    Bouzouki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3850

Local media in Boston already reporting that Vancouver players are complaining about the ice condition. Just wait until game time or the 3rd period! Vancouver not comfortable out there, B's coach Julien says he sees nothing wrong with the ice. He likes it...his team is used to this. Just putting it out there.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

boston going to fukk them in the neck again tonite boys!

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The first 2 goals scored on Lou were both deflected and Little Tim was stopping anything and everything. The Nucks got deflated and weren't playing with energy for the rest of the game.

I think Vancouver needs to take lots of shots and screen Thomas. He's stopping anything and everything (like Loungo does when he sees the puck clearly). Dirty goals might win this series.

hockey216

Zero chance Kelly gets put on the 1st line. It will either be Peverly or Ryder. Seguin may even get a couple shifts on that line.

touche. yea i was initially thinking there's a chance peverley would be up there. But, to kelly's credit, he's a +9 with 5 goals and 7 assists. Peverleys got 2g 7a and a +5. kinda glanced at the offensive numbers and thought maybe kelly was just as likely. But yea, thinking about it now, peverley does make sense. I'd be surprised to see Seguin up there. he hasn't produced anything since his two fluke games in the first 2 of east conf finals. thats part of the reason claude benched him... other than wanting physical Thornton back int he lineup. but the bigger issue is Seguin isn't very well developed on the defensive end yet. He's a great prospect and has some great offensive potential... but i'd be surprised if Claude doesn't get a little nervous putting a struggling rookie out there defending against Vancouver's top line. Could happen. but i agree. peverley or ryder. most likely ryder. but i wouldn't be shocked if i see peverley. i think kelly would be slightly more likely for 3rd, rather than seguin. but it might be plausible that seguin goes out there for a couple shifts.

Going back to your Ryder wager... i'd just make sure ryder's the one on the top line before placing it. tune into the pregame and see what the lineups look like. if ryder doesn't get his ice time bumped up by being on the first line, it would be a bit tougher. Either way, a push might be in order. GL and go bruins!

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Bruins down to -116

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Van looking better and better as the day goes by.

70kgman

Going back to your Ryder wager... i'd just make sure ryder's the one on the top line before placing it. tune into the pregame and see what the lineups look like. if ryder doesn't get his ice time bumped up by being on the first line, it would be a bit tougher. Either way, a push might be in order. GL and go bruins!
    I don't think it will make much of a difference to be honest. Boston's 3rd line gets more ice time than any other 3rd line in hockey. He might get a little more even strength ice time on the first line, but the third line will get more soft match-ups against Vancouvers 3rd/4th line and 5/6 Dmen. And Ryder will likely see more PP time than Burrows.

30K Millionaire
    Fade Yourself
    30K Millionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

I'm taking Boston +300 series. Might hedge later, we'll see how it goes

Karim
    Karim's Avatar Become A Pro!

why is everyone thinking vancouver is much better than boston ? i dont get it

they can be happy to have won both games at home, both games were sooo close

and in boston they just got boomed.

boston in 7 !!!

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can you blame him? LOL the retard seems to think he's a player out there and not a goalie. He hit a Sedin which is about the equivalent of hitting a girl

Loved his failed hit attempt that cost the B's in game two. So on second thought keep on trying to be tough and hit people Mr. Timmy bi-sexual Thomas
    I agree...I like Thomas but he is guilty of this too much..the guy tries to do too much out there instead of just doing his job and saving pucks.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I'm crossing my fingers that Seguin gets some time on that line! With Krejci drawing guys and threading sweet passes to Seguin, I can't see Seguin missing his spots like so many other Bruin shooters do.

Peverly could be nice too, the guy's been overachieving like crazy lately... he's all over the ice.

First 123 Last