mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

hawks are deadly when theyre allowed to set up. flooding the zone prevents passes and decreases the shooting area. canucks focused on defense this game and hawks were caught unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by puckhead31 View Post
    Why do you think the Canucks clogged the slot in front of Luongo so much tonight against the Hawks?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Canucks.
    Points Awarded:

puckhead31 gave paco 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

puckhead31
    Hockey baby
    puckhead31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

Quote Originally Posted by mike-dub View Post
    hawks are deadly when theyre allowed to set up. flooding the zone prevents passes and decreases the shooting area. canucks focused on defense this game and hawks were caught unprepared.
    Right...they prepared themselves for defense first, because Luongo is a problem for this team.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Don't bring the Flyers into this thread...

Barely?

they won 5-2 in game 7 lol They got their true captain back, Pronger. That's why the Flyers didn't do so well, he was out. But that problem is solved. As where Luongo is still the problem for the Canucks....
    Love talking to people on here about hockey. 99% of the people here are clueless when it comes to this sport. Doesn't matter if they won 9-0 today, it was a series just like the Canucks where it shouldn't of gone 7.

Luongo struggles against the Hawks...no question about it but they're playing the Predators now and it will be a different story. Lu has done well vs the Preds. Just take the under every game and thank me later.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

people can keep telling themselves that luongo is a liabilty but you cant blame a goalie for a shutout loss cuz its hard to win games without scoring yourselves.
    good job on your flyers going through, my prediction of a flyers/canucks final is just about there

Right...they prepared themselves for defense first, because Luongo is a problem for this team.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Wings all the way. We are already planning our parade

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Don't bring the Flyers into this thread...

Barely?

they won 5-2 in game 7 lol They got their true captain back, Pronger. That's why the Flyers didn't do so well, he was out. But that problem is solved. As where Luongo is still the problem for the Canucks....
    you are clueless. philly has horrific goaltending and you did barely get past a depleted sabres team that had to choke away both two goal leads in game 6.

the team completely gave up on luongo in games 4 and 5 so blaming him is hilarious. game 6 was one of the the poorest displays of officiating in nhl history. anyone who watched would agree with that, regardless of if you like either team.

sbr talking about hockey is always good for a laugh.

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by Pride View Post
    you are clueless. philly has horrific goaltending and you did barely get past a depleted sabres team that had to choke away both two goal leads in game 6.

the team completely gave up on luongo in games 4 and 5 so blaming him is hilarious. game 6 was one of the the poorest displays of officiating in nhl history. anyone who watched would agree with that, regardless of if you like either team.

sbr talking about hockey is always good for a laugh.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

bold statement. show some proof that "teams that overcome this have huge success"

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The strike is over?

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I live in BC and can't stand the Canucks. But sadly, teams that win like they did, tend to go a long way.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Wings all the way. We are already planning our parade
    I like the wings to take it to, Plus all the overs in the wings/sharks game are probably gona be gold to. Plays all overs in wings series and unders in canucks series and youll come out on top im sure.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    I like the wings to take it to, Plus all the overs in the wings/sharks game are probably gona be gold to. Plays all overs in wings series and unders in canucks series and youll come out on top im sure.
    Your bookie just jizzed in his pants.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

He's been watching the mighty ducks do the flying V, as well as shooting knuckle pucks to over come deficits to win it all, and he confused that with NHL history.

twelvejewelz

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Your bookie just jizzed in his pants.
    considering i took more than 80k from him this nba season and im up about 8 since the beginning of the nhl playoffs i beg to differ. good luck though.

CanuckG

80k and he still takes your bets? I'm sure

twelvejewelz

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    80k and he still takes your bets? I'm sure
    Yes my weekly limit is 50k with my local and he uses an offshore book for use online. I have an account with 3 other books online as well. I have no reason to lie im not a little kid here playing with pennies although this is a hobby of mine. I own a company and i day trade but like i said thats about how much im up.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

The Canucks will win the cup when hell freezes over

PocketRocket
    Update your status
    PocketRocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Lakerboy is right....we have trouble with the hawks the most....lu gained confidence after tonight we were in the toughest position...i do agree nashville will play us tight but they wont beat us....paco please stop with your red wings winning the cup...they beat phx who played horrible in the series...you won't even get past the sharks let alone beat the nux...and if you think im bsing...pm me we will set up a wager on sbr...just cause one team sweep another doesnt mean their better than another team that had to battle in a 7 game series...some of you just don't think

dazed99
    dazed99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1850

burrows is god

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

don't know if they will win cup..but the past is past...countless times teams struggle in early rounds and it means nothing going forward

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

Both the Wings and Sharks are better

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

nhl playoffs..prepare for the unknown to happen..teams are closer matched then you think

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's a lock, huh

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I'm totally agreed with LB. If you disagree you don't understand or appreciate what a ton of bricks this CHI team was for VAN. The Canucks will feel immensely lighter/faster and just all-around tremendously more confident having overcome (freaking barely) such a huge mental block as this was-I would say the largest obstacle for their franchise. Just the process of deciding they would give it their all last night, despite the setbacks, doubts, etc puts them in a huge position of power. Side note-I am not a really a VAN person (hater for a long time) but do appreciate what they are accomplishing. Happy for them and all the fans.

rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

Detroit or Capitals win the cup. No way Canucks do. They used it up beating the Hawks. Nashville may get them the next round.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Nashville wont do squat versus the nucks. Nashville was just happy to get a playoff series win. Van has an easy road to the final. After the preds the sharks cant defend and the wings goaltending and defense is way to suspect. Lets see what the odds are when the next round begins.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Greekster
    Greekster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6153

lol I love how Canucks fans and their GM especially, blame the officiating for their collapse up 3-0. Pathetic.

And I also love how the Canucks are going to do much better now that they got their nemesis out of the way, they will skate much more freely and be better now that they have that monkey off their back....blah blah blah.

Stop justifying the Canucks poor play in this series by pointing out the struggles of other teams. If you are the #1 seed in the tourney act like it. Dont blame officials, dont blame anybody but yourselves.

Luongo stunk in this series and got outplayed by a rookie, the Sedin twins didnt show up and they were choking under pressure until Campoli served it up on a platter.

All of that should concern you especially coming from a team that has won NOTHING, thats right NOTHING!

This team is overrated garbage and now some of you are locking this team to win the Cup because they barely got by a team that was an 8th seed, struggled to get into the playoffs, lost so many of their key players from last seasons team and had a rookie goaltender.

The fact that Canucks fans are so happy they won shows how they have won nothing in the past. They acted like they were an underdog and pulled off a huge upset last night. Um you were favoured, the #1 seed and up 3-0 in the series. The series should have been over long ago. Its only a 1st round win over an inferior opponent and yet you would have thought they won the Cup last night.

Only thing more pathetic is being a Leafs fan.

freakinA
    freakinA's Avatar Become A Pro!

PITTs

yea okkkkkkk u freakin wish lol maybe pittsburg u mean lol

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Hey Greek, you take it in the ass often pal?

Enjoy the offseason

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Greekster View Post

The fact that Canucks fans are so happy they won shows how they have won nothing in the past. They acted like they were an underdog and pulled off a huge upset last night. Um you were favoured, the #1 seed and up 3-0 in the series. The series should have been over long ago. Its only a 1st round win over an inferior opponent and yet you would have thought they won the Cup last night.

Dude, get real. I'm no Canucks fan (was cheering for Chicago), but cut the fans a little slack.

The Canucks didn't fluke their way into the #1 spot - they are rock solid but allowed a team filled with cup winners to claw back into the series.

Any game 7 overtime win is worth celebrating. Fans were dancing in the street in Montreal last night - and they haven't won the series yet.

If your team was facing the team that KO'd yours previously, was the defending champs, and had you on the verge of one of the biggest chokes in sports history - you (as a fan base) might want to let off a little steam too and celebrate.

And I didn't see anyone say or act like they were an underdog. You make it sound like fans celebrating is a bad thing.

It's sports man...no one's curing cancer here.

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

What are the odds right now ?

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Canucks are going all the way for real this year after that win. You idiots think Detroit winning in 4 against a perennial 1st round gate-keeper is as important as winning a hard fought 7 game series against the defending cup champs? Clearly you squids don't watch hockey or understand the game. Detroit is soft, they're gone against the Sharks for sure. I really hope they win though so the Canucks can roll those wheelchair fcuks.

CanuckG

LOL @ whoever said Capitals.

First 12345 ... Last