keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

SBR Fantasy Hockey Money League.

Anyone interested?
    Points Awarded:

hels gave keyboarding 92 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hels gave keyboarding 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hels gave keyboarding 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ochenta y cinco
    ochenta y cinco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are you talking about an FHL sim league? Can you elaborate? I might be interested.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Definitely in if its a yahoo head to head league. I was thinking of doing one of these with all the forum regulars for points or something.

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Word. Points or cash, I'm in.

Well, I think anyway. Let's hear some details.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF
    Baxter Man13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Add me in if its with yahoo and head to head

over5.5
    over5.5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 206

im in. i like yahoo, never played head to head but lets do it.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Well, it would have to be head-to-head. That's the most entertaining. It will be for points, at least 50, I say. Make it somewhat worthwhile. And we would have to do a live draft. Probably use the standard Yahoo! categories and positions. Might make some adjustments. I've commissioned about 6 leagues in my life, so I know what I am doing. I can also hold the points, since I'm not a stiff and have a couple thousand, so it's not like I have a gambling problem.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Well, it would have to be head-to-head. That's the most entertaining. It will be for points, at least 50, I say. Make it somewhat worthwhile. And we would have to do a live draft. Probably use the standard Yahoo! categories and positions. Might make some adjustments. I've commissioned about 6 leagues in my life, so I know what I am doing. I can also hold the points, since I'm not a stiff and have a couple thousand, so it's not like I have a gambling problem.
    LOL yeah you are definitely trustworthy to hold the points. Live draft is a must. Set it up whenever you want man I'm in for sure.

ochenta y cinco

I'm not familiar with Yahoo Fantasy, never played there before... I will have to check upon that before investing some sbr/money.

xraygord

This Yahoo thing is new to me also, but I'm sure it won't be a problem.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ochenta y cinco View Post
    I'm not familiar with Yahoo Fantasy, never played there before... I will have to check upon that before investing some sbr/money.
    Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post
    This Yahoo thing is new to me also, but I'm sure it won't be a problem.
    There really is nothing all that different on Yahoo!, to be honest. If you want to voice your concerns, I could answer them.

I once ran a league that I called the Ron Popeil league because there was no bench. For that reason, you would have your teams and "set it and forget it". With a bench there's a lot more micro-management and personally, I don't really think any of us have the time. We're here to make money and have fun, so I will likely go with that kind of a lower pressure/involvement league.

I will create the league sometime today. Depending on how much interest there is will determine the size of the roster as well as how many moves we can make over the course of the season, or alternatively, each week.

xraygord

Sounds cool keyboarding.

For those that are interested, Sportsnet, has some the best, fun, free pools going. The hockey isn't started yet, but you change your players every week. Makes for an interesting pool.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/fantasy/

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Gotta have a bench. There's only two days a week where you have to pick and choose who to put in that's Thursday and Saturdays. Fantasy hockey is a lot less work than fantasy baseball Doesn't have to be a big bench just like 2-3 spots.

over5.5

post the league info so i can join!

thanks!

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Gotta have a bench. There's only two days a week where you have to pick and choose who to put in that's Thursday and Saturdays. Fantasy hockey is a lot less work than fantasy baseball Doesn't have to be a big bench just like 2-3 spots.
    That isn't true. You usually have to worry about goalies to meet your minimum starts. It gets to be a headache and it would suck if someone stopped paying attention to their team and made the league a farce. With no bench it's no problem.

I've worked leagues like this before and for the first year with strangers, not knowing their commitment level, I say we make it as easy as possible.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Okay, so let's start getting official here. Here are the potential league members:

keyboarding
    ochenta y cinco
    DennisGreen
    xraygord
    Baxter Man13
    over5.5

From each of you I ask what you would like the league cost to be. I will start:

200 Points
    keyboarding

150 Points
    keyboarding

100 Points
    keyboarding

50 Points

Undecided
    ochenta y cinco
    DennisGreen
    xraygord
    Baxter Man13
    over5.5

I've put myself down for anything 100 points or over. The option with the most names obviously takes it. Also, we could make this a half year league, up until the All-Star Break. Just throwing that out there. Also, if it's only 6 members (I think it will grow) the rosters are going to be considerably bigger.

inflames
    inflames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14616

This is new to me, how does it work and what do we do?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by inflames View Post
    This is new to me, how does it work and what do we do?
    We all become GMs in a fantasy world and get to draft every played in the NHL to our team. Try to assemble the best roster possible. Then every week you face off against other teams trying to win specific categories (goals, saves, etc).

inflames

Ah, sounds like fun! Im interested. Can your team be full of the most expensive players or is there a "roof"?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by inflames View Post
    Ah, sounds like fun! Im interested. Can your team be full of the most expensive players or is there a "roof"?
    There is no salary cap in this league. But it`s hard to load your roster with stars because eventually after the 5th or 6th round there will be none left in the draft.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

That isn't true. You usually have to worry about goalies to meet your minimum starts. It gets to be a headache and it would suck if someone stopped paying attention to their team and made the league a farce. With no bench it's no problem. I've worked leagues like this before and for the first year with strangers, not knowing their commitment level, I say we make it as easy as possible.
    Fair enough I'm used to playing with hardcore players. Sounds good man.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Okay, so let's start getting official here. Here are the potential league members: keyboarding ochenta y cinco DennisGreen xraygord Baxter Man13 over5.5 From each of you I ask what you would like the league cost to be. I will start: 200 Points keyboarding 150 Points keyboarding 100 Points keyboarding 50 Points Undecided ochenta y cinco DennisGreen xraygord Baxter Man13 over5.5 I've put myself down for anything 100 points or over. The option with the most names obviously takes it. Also, we could make this a half year league, up until the All-Star Break. Just throwing that out there. Also, if it's only 6 members (I think it will grow) the rosters are going to be considerably bigger.
    I vote for 100. Anymore and we might scare people off especially the degenerates who jam their points every day

ochenta y cinco

I'm in for 100 or 150!

xraygord

100 points.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

200 Points
    keyboarding
    over5.5

150 Points
    keyboarding
    ochenta y cinco
    over5.5

100 Points
    DennisGreen
    ochenta y cinco
    xraygord
    over5.5

Undecided
    inflames
    Baxter Man13

For the record, if you don't have enough points I will loan them. However, I will expect a minimum of 6 points a day returned (more if you are a pro). Also, anyone who stiffs me will lose all the points they did send and will be excluded from the draft. So if points is an issue, remember it's a long fukking month season. 200 points isn't that much.

I think by this Friday we will finalize the league members and aim for a draft the next weekend.
    Last edited by keyboarding; 09-15-10 at 10:15 AM.

over5.5

new to the site, only have 13 points but im in for whatever we all agree on.

i would like a bench but fine anyway.

in for 100/150/200 points and any bench/no bench league that is head to head!

thanks

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by over5.5 View Post
    new to the site, only have 13 points but im in for whatever we all agree on.

i would like a bench but fine anyway.

in for 100/150/200 points and any bench/no bench league that is head to head!

thanks
    I could loan you the points, just make sure you transfer me all your points every day up until the draft. Also, there are 7 members, so you're the odd man out if we don't get 8, unless the league is okay with a bye week.

inflames

I vote for 100 pts, might need some more info on how this works though, totally new to this

snipeshow23
    snipeshow23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 884

count me in for 100 or 150, either way...

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

We are running out of time.

Baxter Man13
    MR WINDY CITY = STIFF
    Baxter Man13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay, so let's start getting official here. Here are the potential league members: keyboarding ochenta y cinco DennisGreen xraygord Baxter Man13 over5.5 From each of you I ask what you would like the league cost to be. I will start: 200 Points keyboarding 150 Points keyboarding 100 Points keyboarding 50 Points Undecided ochenta y cinco DennisGreen xraygord Baxter Man13 over5.5 I've put myself down for anything 100 points or over. The option with the most names obviously takes it. Also, we could make this a half year league, up until the All-Star Break. Just throwing that out there. Also, if it's only 6 members (I think it will grow) the rosters are going to be considerably bigger.
    I am in if i can get a betpoints loan and anything 100 or over....I am new here I do not know how this whole points thing work, but def. not a stiff

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

So it has been decided that the buy-in will be 100 points from each member. For members who do not have enough points, I will loan the points. However, I would first like to ask the other members of the pool that if I get stiffed that I can take my points back from the pool. I won't be charging any of the members interest, so I would prefer not losing out on a friendly endeavor. If this isn't to everyone's liking then a few members will be unable to join.

Allow Loans/Repayment On Stiff
    keyboarding

No Loans

Undecided
    inflames
    Baxter Man13
    ochenta y cinco
    over5.5
    DennisGreen
    ochenta y cinco
    xraygord

DennisGreen
    Update your status

I plan on stiffing you just for the record.

xraygord

You are offering the loan keyboarding, I'm not covering the points of someone who doesn't pay up.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by xraygord View Post
    You are offering the loan keyboarding, I'm not covering the points of someone who doesn't pay up.
    That is fine, but then we'll only have 6 members in the pool. They could go to another source for the loan with interest, I suppose.

1234 ... Last