azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

Point Spread Conversion/Advantage Calculation

I'm having a tough time solving a problem relating to betting.
    I have come up with my own personal NBA spread on games and am comparing to the actual bookmaker spread. I've gone through converting the spread into a moneyline/implied probability in order to get an idea of the % edge. From here, I'm unsure about the optimal betting stake (want to use Kelly).

For example:
    MY CALCULATED SPREAD = -10.5
    BOOKMAKER SPREAD = -8
    MY CALCULATED IMPLIED PROB = 89.37%
    BOOKMAKER IMPLIED PROB = 78.35%
    PERCENT DIFFERENCE = 11.02%

What is the optimal stake amount in this situation? Or how would you get to it? Appreciate advice you will share!

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13721

Convert your implied probabilities into moneylines and punch them here: kelly calculator

azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

Quote Originally Posted by turbobets View Post
    Convert your implied probabilities into moneylines and punch them here: kelly calculator
    If the implied probability I have is for -10.5 and I will be betting -8 (bookmaker line) - wouldn’t I need to solve for the advantage between those two spread #s?

u21c3f6
    u21c3f6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5198

Quote Originally Posted by azimm11 View Post
    If the implied probability I have is for -10.5 and I will be betting -8 (bookmaker line) - wouldn’t I need to solve for the advantage between those two spread #s?
    No. Just plug in the odds you will be betting and your probability estimate (89.37). However let me suggest that you not bet anywhere near full Kelly on this.

Joe.
    Last edited by u21c3f6; 03-31-18 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Clarify