ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Does anyone clear a consistent profit on live-betting?

On a sport like Coll Bask, as an example.

Really just a few ideas:
    1) What makes you think you can out-smart the house (who has advantage of all historical stat-testing)?
    2) (This is the big one): If the standard is 30-cent juice, -115/-115, good luck on beating that hurdle over time.

If they wanted to post a fair line, it's 20-cent juice tops. 30-cent makes it a carnival-game.

DonnieBrasco23
    DonnieBrasco23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Chucky real chatty right now feeling good about his Medvedev bet lol.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

I do a fair bit of live wagering but never tracked my net returns. I liken it to trading options , where you weigh the " Time value " by the " Intrinsic Value to deem whether or not there's value in doing so. Last night watching the N.Carolina / Clemson game , it was a 5 pt lead for Clemson @ the half. I took NC -1.5 @ halftime @ - 110. Similar , but rare situations in soccer where the dog has a lead at halftime. The Over 2.5 is usually still a viable option at a decent price. Its only the time value that makes it a decent price , regardless of how the game is playing out. Just my 2 cents

Like DB , the coffee is kicking in and I'm chatty too. lol
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DonnieBrasco23

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

I think books do well on live betting. Based on all the live bonus offers and how hard they push to get web site users across to their apps.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

No buck books clean up on live betting esp college hoops
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1312

Live wagers are better for the books. Always heavier chalk then pre game.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If you are betting the dog with live bets you can manage the risk. Like when Dolphins played Titans a few weeks back. I bet Titans when they were down 2 TDs as Miami looked awful the whole night and Tua was all over the place. Best case scenario I win +1200. Worst case scenario I lost $100. Guess what happened?

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    Live wagers are better for the books. Always heavier chalk then pre game.
    Thx, big. Yes, that's what I think. Live-betting is a parlor-trick.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2762

Live-betting basketball is akin to burning money on your front lawn.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

D2bets wins. He says it's easy.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I saw that post too. Everyone has their style I guess. Never seen him post a live bet here but if he is exploiting weakness then he shouldn't be advertising it.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13629

My betting circle (3 experienced) keeps telling me I'm missing the opp of my lifetime. Not up for it at my age. BOL to all who do , and please share your best.

Live betting.
    Last edited by Madison; 01-28-24 at 12:17 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6910

sometimes nba games that have totals around 240-245 have 3 high scoring quarters and the live o/u gets to 280 and that is when you should take a shot at a live under because more times than not, the 4th is where these dudes slow down and legs go and bricks start to fly from 3

if it's a closer game that helps... just pray for no overtime

even that can burn you though... like mavs/hawks ended up with all star game total 290 but that was two teams that both desperately needed a win so they fought to the very end by playing zero defense

suns/pacers other night a better example... ended in 260s but live total went to 280+
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 01-28-24 at 06:02 PM.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30480

Yep

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Thx, big. Yes, that's what I think. Live-betting is a parlor-trick.
    You also never get the live odds unless game is on tv timeout or comerical there is always a 12 sec delay between submitting wager. When people start winning the delay gets longer.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

probably betting tennis

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

Live betting is great.
    When teams like Real Madrid get behind you get great lines.
    Since the games are fixed they usually come back easily.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Live betting is great.
    Every chalk wins in 90+ time. It's funny

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

Every chalk wins in 90+ time. It's funny
    Yeah they just give them 10-15 minutes in ET.
    Play till they score.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Live betting is great.
    Liverpool is great for this. Went 0-1 down 8 games already this season and won them all.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    You also never get the live odds unless game is on tv timeout or comerical there is always a 12 sec delay between submitting wager. When people start winning the delay gets longer.
    I think we could start an entire thread about the timing of Live bets. It intrigues me as to how quickly the sites and adjust, and can we out time the machines. They have to be pre-programmed??

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    sometimes nba games that have totals around 240-245 have 3 high scoring quarters and the live o/u gets to 280 and that is when you should take a shot at a live under because more times than not, the 4th is where these dudes slow down and legs go and bricks start to fly from 3

if it's a closer game that helps... just pray for no overtime

even that can burn you though... like mavs/hawks ended up with all star game total 290 but that was two teams that both desperately needed a win so they fought to the very end by playing zero defense

suns/pacers other night a better example... ended in 260s but live total went to 280+
    7-8 years ago I did quite well betting Saturday NCAABB 11am games (adjust for time zones). The angle was college dudes coming off Friday night FK/whatever. I did well early on but seemed the books caught on? Especially FH.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3716

For live betting, I would recommend bet365. For some reasons, Pinnacle did not offer me any lines on the NHL games when I had one of those games as my last leg of parlay or single game bet, for example, I bet $50 on 4-game parlay giving about $850 and Montreal was last leg of parlay, going into OT few days against Pittsburgh. Pinny did not offer me any lines for OT NHL hockey. Yes, Penquins won it in the OT and I lost the bet. Meantime, bet365 offers cash out most of the time. Pinny used to be go-to-book for many yrs. Now, I found Bet365 is good for certain bets.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by franz555 View Post
    I do a fair bit of live wagering but never tracked my net returns. I liken it to trading options , where you weigh the " Time value " by the " Intrinsic Value to deem whether or not there's value in doing so. Last night watching the N.Carolina / Clemson game , it was a 5 pt lead for Clemson @ the half. I took NC -1.5 @ halftime @ - 110. Similar , but rare situations in soccer where the dog has a lead at halftime. The Over 2.5 is usually still a viable option at a decent price. Its only the time value that makes it a decent price , regardless of how the game is playing out. Just my 2 cents

Like DB , the coffee is kicking in and I'm chatty too. lol
    No issues here. Would love to hear more. This definitely seems like a science and somewhat correlated to options trading but in a tighter window.

Just trying to learn here. Old but not dead yet!!!

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    Liverpool is great for this. Went 0-1 down 8 games already this season and won them all.
    I know squat about soccer, but certainly gets my attention.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    For live betting, I would recommend bet365. For some reasons, Pinnacle did not offer me any lines on the NHL games when I had one of those games as my last leg of parlay or single game bet, for example, I bet $50 on 4-game parlay giving about $850 and Montreal was last leg of parlay, going into OT few days against Pittsburgh. Pinny did not offer me any lines for OT NHL hockey. Yes, Penquins won it in the OT and I lost the bet. Meantime, bet365 offers cash out most of the time. Pinny used to be go-to-book for many yrs. Now, I found Bet365 is good for certain bets.
    I think the message I'm learning here is that where you play and what they offer is real important.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

Betting lesser known NCAA games on the live betting is really good. Books have not much edge on the lesser known NCAA games. Whatever early swing you can take advantage of it, if you're into gematria or other independent edge you have.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Betting lesser known NCAA games on the live betting is really good. Books have not much edge on the lesser known NCAA games. Whatever early swing you can take advantage of it, if you're into gematria or other independent edge you have.
    I couldn't agree more based on ancient history. There was a day when I was sharp, and betting IVY league football was akin to stealing money.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I couldn't agree more based on ancient history. There was a day when I was sharp, and betting IVY league football was akin to stealing money.
    Used to hear some good stories on Ivy betting for Coll FB/Bask.

Heard a story about the team's center (from Brown??) walking around campus on crutches. But that injury information wasn't in the line. Big fish in a small pond.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO

For example, take two games ( Temple/East Carolina and SMU/Wichita st) from yesterday's slate. Temple should have been more than +6.5 against EC, while SMU's line was somewhat fine. Given the way books threw the lines, it was obvious that Temple and Wichita st would cover.

biggie12

Bet365 is the best if your a sqaure. As soon they realize ur betting into soft lines especially live u are booted.

biggie12

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    I think we could start an entire thread about the timing of Live bets. It intrigues me as to how quickly the sites and adjust, and can we out time the machines. They have to be pre-programmed??
    i am talking about the time in which bets are accepted. You have to assume a 7-8 second delay on real-time to begin with.