Bandpat
    Bandpat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Love this - just hoping for a Rounders 2 one day!

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8401

Very good read. Thanks Josh for posting and all that pitched in.
    I love to play. Like Nash said read all you can.
    Something I have not done enough of.

What I always say
    Knowledge is power
    Knowledge is wins
    Knowledge is money

In all aspects of life
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Josherzz1

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by Bandpat View Post
    If you listen to Matt Damon, he says the discussions have gone on occasionally. He mentions that he (Matt) would do it, and he thought Norton/Turturro would do it.

You may laugh at this. Somewhere in the Poker forum, I posted my Ad Hoc script of what Rounders 2 might look like.

Bandpat
    Bandpat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    If you listen to Matt Damon, he says the discussions have gone on occasionally. He mentions that he (Matt) would do it, and he thought Norton/Turturro would do it.

You may laugh at this. Somewhere in the Poker forum, I posted my Ad Hoc script of what Rounders 2 might look like.
    Yes I have heard that the actors would love to do it.

Will look for your post when I have a bit of time.

Josherzz1
    Update your status
    Josherzz1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1000

Quote Originally Posted by Bandpat View Post
    Me too, that would be amazing!

Josherzz1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

Man... a Rounders 2 would be so epic!

Josherzz1
    Update your status

https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comme...y_gto_vs_feel/

I posted my original poker philosophy writing with some tweaks to it on reddit since I started using reddit for the first time. I always had an account but I never really used it. The thread was not well received and people called me mentally deranged, haha. It makes me appreciate how cool people on this forum are.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1312

Quote Originally Posted by Josherzz1 View Post

I posted my original poker philosophy writing with some tweaks to it on reddit since I started using reddit for the first time. I always had an account but I never really used it. The thread was not well received and people called me mentally deranged, haha. It makes me appreciate how cool people on this forum are.
    join twoplustwo Poker players are scarce over here.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

They r one in the same

ur rather good at poker or ur bot

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Quote Originally Posted by Josherzz1 View Post

Don't take it personally. Can't expect too many people on reddit to have the attention span to take the time to read that much from someone they don't know.

johnnyvegas13

Agree Reddit crowd actually worse than sbr

Josherzz1
    Update your status

Thanks guys for making me feel better. I've always been pretty nice and friendly and I usually don't use sites like that because most people suck in general. I don't even know why I thought this time would be different, haha. But yeah, the format is cool but people are not really that cool so I'll probably just lurk. I like following investment stuff on there. A new hobby of mine is that I've been trying to purchase mid to high end pokemon cards in a PSA 10 grade and hold for the future, haha. Been having some fun with that lately.

I played a poker tournament actually when I visited my parents in Vegas recently. It was the Wynn Fall Classic on Oct 6th. It was a $400 buy-in. I finished in 11th place and 9 places got paid. It was so brutal, I was so close to cashing. It was a turbo and the blinds were so high that I ended up having to go all-in on a bloodbath hand, lmao. Super high variance spot, 3-way all-in. I had 8-9-T-J double suited I think. And I lost that one to go out in 11th. I really wanted to win that one too because the winner gets a trophy that's a replica of the Wynn Hotel building. It's such a sick trophy. Maybe next time, hehehe.
    https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tou...149434/results

Anyway, take care guys. Hopefully we can all win some money betting the Super Bowl and have fun! Should be a great game!

ChuckyTheGoat

Josh, do you find your Omaha tournament stats to be pretty good? You don't see a lot of Omaha tournies. Would think you could carve out an edge.

Josherzz1
    Update your status

Yo what's up, Chucky. Yeah, I find that I'm better at Omaha than I am at Hold'em. I like the complexity of 2 more cards and I find people make massive mistakes in Omaha compared to Hold'em. A lot of people don't like Omaha because it's super high variance which it is, but a lot of people tend to sleep on the fact that you can absolutely smash flops and have your opponents drawing almost dead after the flop. For example, you can have A-4-J-J with the A-4 of spades. So the flop could theoretically come 3-8-J two spades, where you could flop top set and also have the nut flush draw and be crushing your opponent. Which is awesome, haha.

I like playing high pairs, JJ or better, because you flop top set more often. Set over set is more of a thing in Omaha so it's better to play bigger pairs, as some players will dabble with smaller pairs and they can get themselves into big trouble.

A cool hand to play is like, A-9-8-7 suited to the ace. So you have the ace high nut flush draw and you can also hit middling straights, flop trips with the ace kicker, etc.

Another cool GTO hand is K-Q-J-9. The gap in between the 9 and the Jack is crucial because you will flop stronger draws and have superior straight draws to your opponent. So if the flop is 7-8-T, you will have the nut straight 7-8-9-T-J and will be able to stack your opponent who is holding a weak hand like 4-5-6-9 who overvalues their weaker straight of 6-7-8-9-10 against your higher straight. Little things like that are fun to strategize and play around with.

Hope you're doing well Chuck. Damn, I'm itching to play in the WSOP this year. My dream has always been to win a WSOP bracelet and give it to my Dad. I hope I can do that one day. I'm still down to play in the tag team event $1000 buy-in with you if I ever attend one of these SBR poker bash meetups during the WSOP, hehehe. Alright bud, take care.

ChuckyTheGoat

Hey, Josh. I know you get fired up about this stuff. That's cool.

I just played a live Poker tournament last weekend. First time in maybe six months. Did well, felt like I knew where I was at every step of the way.

Two exit hands that provide a bad-beat story. Targeted loose player on my left all day. Strategy was to take him to Value Town when presented the opportunity. Mid-pos All-in for 3 BB (so, he figures to be modest hand-strength at best).

*Action folds to me on Button with 77. Like my hand against this open. I re-raise to 6.5 BB trying to fold out the blinds.
    *Loose player on my left (Small Blind) only has about 26BB remaining. This guy is bad, he's been playing junk all day. He calls.
    ...Flop comes 985 rainbow. I like my hand, especially since the opener's big Ax hands just bricked.
    ...I like the flop, I overbet the pot. SB snap-calls.
    ...What does he have? IMHO, he's either:
    a) Way ahead with 99/88/55 or 76. He's too loose to flop sets. Only hand he might have trailed and then improved on = 55. I'm blocking any 76(s), so unlikely.
    b) He shouldn't have A9 b/c he might have the 3rd-best Ace. He could call with JT/QT/QJ, and I'd love for him to call with 66.
    c) What does he have? 76(o)! Told you this guy was bad.

That hand short-stacked me. One more all-in and I'm out. Broke-even on the day with a min-cash.

ChuckyTheGoat

As for the WSOP, I have been out there a few times. Have played in small events and dailies. Never played in the $10,000 ME.

I might be out there this year with a friend. Would like to be there first two weeks in June. We'll see.

Josherzz1
    Update your status

Wow, brutal hand bro. Nice analysis there. I like your thought process. Glad you were able to cash. Damn, I'm itching to play some tournaments now, haha. I gotta get my hold-em game up to par. I might play online and try to sharpen my hold-em game. I played that $888 WSOP tourney one time, the one where the winner gets $888,888. I wasn't able to cash that one. I got to play with Allen Cunningham though at my table so that was really fun, haha. I've always wanted to play the $1500 millionaire maker. Never got to play that one yet. And of course, as you mentioned, the $10k main event would be sick as shit to be able to play in, damn that would be awesome, lol. One time, my friend and I were thinking about playing a $1k satellite to try and satellite into the main but we changed our minds at the last minute, haha.

Josherzz1
    Update your status

I played some video poker and had a cool high hand story. I walked by the video poker section and put a c-note into the $2 machine. Double double bonus. $10 a draw. Was going to max bet 10 times and just see what happened. I flopped quad deuces for $800, lmao. There was no need to even sweat having to draw anything, just flopped it, it was amazing. If I had gotten the kicker it would have been $1600. I ate a buffet with my Dad after that. Hit up some crab legs with the butter, haha.
    [IMG][/IMG]

ChuckyTheGoat

Wow, nice hit on the Quad Deuces. Yes, on FPDW machine the key hands are:

1) Royal
    2) dirty Royal
    3 Quad 2
    Points Awarded:

Josherzz1 gave ChuckyTheGoat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

solring
    solring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3434

Not to take away from your win, but you actually won $400.

johnnyvegas13

Bring back sbr poker

please
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

First 123