matthewmsturgeon
    matthewmsturgeon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Need advice for newb managing multiple books

Hi guys. I am very new to this whole business and am looking for some practical advice on managing multiple books. From everything I understand so far, having a variety of books available to you so that you can find the best offerings is very important. I currently have four, three offshore online one one local.

I have a couple of questions around this:

1. If the goal is to have several books (5, 10, 15, whatever) available to you, how do you go about funding them? For example, let's say you had a $10,000 bankroll (which I do not, but hypothetically speaking) and let's say you expected to place bets in the $100 to $300 range, would you divide your $10,000 across all of your books, or would you place maybe $500 in each and then keep money in reserve in order to replenish ones that run low on money?

2. Currently, I find myself physically logging into each site and comparing the offers that each has. I do this in a spreadsheet that calculates and compares a lot of the details for me, but I have to go to each, get the data, and enter it in the spreadsheet. Is this a proper way to go about things or do you find that looking at a site that lists each books current offers to be the best way to guide you toward the best lines? I find that trying to manage four individually in this manner is a good bit of effort. I can only imagine how much work it would be if you had a lot of them.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jrgum3

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

1. Keep some in reserve about 10% so you can reload quickly.

2. I open and fill the username and password of all my books with roboform but don't login until I find a good number on the odds service.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I've dealt with many books over the years, but I tend to want to deal with very few at any one time. In fact, I've only used two for the past year. Having more open books will get you marginally better lines. But it comes with two problems.

1. Keeping balances in each. Invariably you will win more bets in one book and lose them in another. Your balances will get out of whack. Then you're faced in getting more funds to the one with a lower balance. Bitcoin transfers help, but don't underestimate what a major pain in the ass this can be.

2. You've alluded to the problem of how to manage the lines from multiple books. In my case, I save the odds pages from the books to my download folder. Then I have a program that parses the web pages and saves the odds in files. My programs are then set up to process these files generating a wager spread sheet. I then use this and manually make the wagers. Even as fast as I am doing this, the lines sometimes move on me.

All of this is an ongoing nightmare. Add to this, you are likely to lose money and end up paying for these pains. Good luck.

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 807

Don Best two minute delay for only $10 a month shows many many books.

matthewmsturgeon
    matthewmsturgeon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Hey, thanks for the thoughts and great ideas everyone. I've been keeping some in reserve so far and only adding enough fundds to make sure I can cover upcoming bets for a week or so. I'll have to play around with some of these ideas for gathering my information more easily. Thanks again.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
    Don Best two minute delay for only $10 a month shows many many books.
    Isn't this 120/month or am I missing something?

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 807

It's only $10 a month on your mobile device. It's great.

turbobets

or $50/mo for real time but I had a lot of connection problems most of the day Saturday.

turbobets

I ended up using SBR Odds Saturday it really is a great free tool. Very little delay with the exception of bookmaker and bovada in my experience. The bovada odds on DB are also wrong or delayed much of the time.