daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4979

Best Sportsbetting Systems??

I'm curious as to know what you guys think is the best sportsbetting system out there today? The ones I know of are Sports Betting Champ, Sports Betting Professor, Bookie Buster, Sports Book Investing, and Plus Line Sports.

Which ones of these are the best, and which ones should you stay away from?

mintybetmachine
    mintybetmachine's Avatar Become A Pro!

donate your $ to charity, that way you save the time and effort, and at least you can get a small tax break out of it

furthermore, no one is going to tell you about their successful systems/formulas/tricks ect. would you?

BrianLaverty
    BrianLaverty's Avatar Become A Pro!

gambling systems dont work.. youll end up broke in the longrun

mintybetmachine

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    wrong, there are successful ones out there, except like I said, no one is going to tell you

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by mintybetmachine View Post
    wrong, there are successful ones out there, except like I said, no one is going to tell you
    I was just asking about the ones that offer picks. I mean, some of those have to work or no one would be using them and the people would probably go out of business.

Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    I was just asking about the ones that offer picks. I mean, some of those have to work or no one would be using them and the people would probably go out of business.

Not if they falsify there records and are good at marketing there picks

MrX
    MrX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Or another way of looking at it:

If any of those systems worked, the owners would simply use the system to make money. They would have no incentive to sell it.

MrX

If you want a good idea of how these guys operate, do a search on here for John Morrison (Sports Betting Champ).

Watch Justin7's video on the subject.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just martingale until you hit something in the positive and quit for a while and do it again.

Gotta have money though

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dogs View Post
    Not if they falsify there records and are good at marketing there picks
    Spot on.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm curious as to know what you guys think is the best sportsbetting system out there today? The ones I know of are Sports Betting Champ, Sports Betting Professor, Bookie Buster, Sports Book Investing, and Plus Line Sports.

Which ones of these are the best, and which ones should you stay away from?
    You're asking this question of a do-it-yourself crowd. No one that hangs out in the Thinktank is likely to be using any of these products. Stay away from all of them.

mintybetmachine

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    Or another way of looking at it:

If any of those systems worked, the owners would simply use the system to make money. They would have no incentive to sell it.
    How much could you make before you get banned from every book out there? And even if you don't, by selling you system you are guaranteed money in case your system fails miserably. Say you system is $200, you get 1000 subscribers, that's 200K, guaranteed, no gambling. And if you are a good marketer and/or your system is really successful, you can jack the price while adding a customer base and you will be making millions.

yellowman
    yellowman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Basically you have to find a system that has a statistically significant mathematical advantage for the bettor. Trust me, these edges are not easily found. But if you are willing to search hard enough and crunch numbers enough, they can be found.

If you are thinking about systems that use manipulation of bets somehow (martingale, larouche, etc), forget it - they don't work. People will swear up and down that they have used a system to success or modified it somehow to make it effective - it's all hogwash. In the end, you will lose. Read and repeat.

The only way to win long term is to find out probabilities of certain events and find particular ways to exploit that through mathematical bets. I have one system for hockey and two for MLB...between all 3, I can make about 125-200u per year. But it is the ultimate grind - the edge isn't super large, but it is significant enough that if you stick to your gameplan, you will most definitely make money in the long run. The odds are in my favor. No I cannot share any of them, as they would exploited by sharps to no end and the value would be lost for me. But I am working hard to find others...thought I had one the other day, but the math didn't back it up so I can't use it.

Let's say I know I the probability of an event happening is 20% - and that event % has been generated from a sample size of over 10K events. When that event happens, I will lose 1 unit, but the other 80% of the time, I win 0.3 units...so over the long run, I should win 0.2 units over every 5 bets ( (4 * 0.3) - 1 = 0.2)...those are the type of scenarios I am interested in. Trust me I've crunched a ton of them and have only found 3 so far that work...

daneault23

Good to know yellowman. Yeah I've done some searching around therxforum and other places and have found some cappers with pretty good records, so I'm just gonna trail them for free instead of paying for a "system" that might possibly work.

If I have more time, I'll maybe try to crunch some numbers and create my own system.

Thanks for the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowman View Post
    Basically you have to find a system that has a statistically significant mathematical advantage for the bettor. Trust me, these edges are not easily found. But if you are willing to search hard enough and crunch numbers enough, they can be found.

If you are thinking about systems that use manipulation of bets somehow (martingale, larouche, etc), forget it - they don't work. People will swear up and down that they have used a system to success or modified it somehow to make it effective - it's all hogwash. In the end, you will lose. Read and repeat.

The only way to win long term is to find out probabilities of certain events and find particular ways to exploit that through mathematical bets. I have one system for hockey and two for MLB...between all 3, I can make about 125-200u per year. But it is the ultimate grind - the edge isn't super large, but it is significant enough that if you stick to your gameplan, you will most definitely make money in the long run. The odds are in my favor. No I cannot share any of them, as they would exploited by sharps to no end and the value would be lost for me. But I am working hard to find others...thought I had one the other day, but the math didn't back it up so I can't use it.

Let's say I know I the probability of an event happening is 20% - and that event % has been generated from a sample size of over 10K events. When that event happens, I will lose 1 unit, but the other 80% of the time, I win 0.3 units...so over the long run, I should win 0.2 units over every 5 bets ( (4 * 0.3) - 1 = 0.2)...those are the type of scenarios I am interested in. Trust me I've crunched a ton of them and have only found 3 so far that work...

pistolero
    pistolero's Avatar Become A Pro!

yellowman

if you have found some 3 system that work for you, what would it take for you to share, I am most interested in nfl, but baseball will work also

greetings

yellowman

I doubt I'll ever find any NFL systems that work - I know people like to post 'systems' like "Team A is 31-5 after winning by DD two weeks ago and having losing SU last week"...problem is, that isn't a significant sampling size and you get maybe a couple of opportunities per year to bet it...those are worthless in my view. Some people like them and more power to them. I said I have two MLB and one NHL system - I should also mention that I know pretty much next to nothing about either sport - I don't follow either. I know the rules but that is pretty much it. But I do know numbers - and I also know the probabilities of certain events and how I can wager to swing the odds in my favor. I have often thought about sharing this system with say 1,000 players, charge them 5K each...man that would be $5 mil. Maybe someday I will - but it takes a certain mindset to play this way. It's a grind in every sense of the word.

I hope to add a few more mathematical plays to my arsenal. I'd really love to branch out into soccer but so far I haven't found a way to exploit that sport yet....soon I'll stumble upon a play tho....

MrX

Quote Originally Posted by mintybetmachine View Post
    How much could you make before you get banned from every book out there? And even if you don't, by selling you system you are guaranteed money in case your system fails miserably. Say you system is $200, you get 1000 subscribers, that's 200K, guaranteed, no gambling. And if you are a good marketer and/or your system is really successful, you can jack the price while adding a customer base and you will be making millions.
    You're right on most points, although you can make millions and millions without getting banned from every book out there.

That aside, yes, it can be a good business move to sell a system.

I was just trying to give the OP another way to look at it than his very naive assumption that some of these guys must be for real or they wouldn't be in business, which is a lot like assuming that there must really be a Nigerian Prince out there who will pay you large sums of money for doing nothing, because otherwise they wouldn't keep sending out those emails.

egr99
    egr99's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree, there is definatly some very worthy chase systems out there. The problem is the MM.

I am running close to 10 NBA/NHL chase systems mixed in with a pretty creative MM strategy and doing very well so far. I have taken several chase losses, and still in the positive.

People focus too much on chase system losses and not enough on building a MM strategy that can absorb the losses and grind away at them without taking big risks.

egr99

paw
    paw's Avatar Become A Pro!

The crew over at giftingclub are actually pretty smart guys. At least there records are legit and they have been around quite a while.

Johm morrison can work but you need to really have some strong money magement in place, Coach Thompson isnt too bad either however he is still working out some kinks. All in All there are system sellers that arent that bad you just need to really control your money and you can come out ahead.

Not to mention you have to have tolerance to progression type wagering which most dont have the stomach for.

Risk vs Reward......................The key is exposure as long as your bankroll is solid you will be good to go. Once you start wagering over and above what you really should be you will have a recipe for disaster.

paw

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Yellowman pretty much hit the nail on the head..... edges in sports betting are small, the touts claim to be hitting 60 70 % going 199-2...... this doesn't happen in real life. If you won't want to work at it, there are picks out there that are free that hit in the "real zone" 55 to 58%. Anyone who claims otherwise is lying. My own NFL best bets each week went 10 and 7..... not spectacular but enough to make me a little profit. 58% winners works for me...... and this was a good year.....

harry
    harry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post
    Just martingale until you hit something in the positive and quit for a while and do it again.

Gotta have money though
    Wow, that is god awful advice!! Even if you have money

There isn't too much wrong with the sports betting systems out there depsite what some people have said on here. It's all down to your money management

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

All "systems" end eventually, some pretty quickly as they are based on fantasy patterns.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    Wow, that is god awful advice!! Even if you have money

There isn't too much wrong with the sports betting systems out there depsite what some people have said on here. It's all down to your money management
    Martingaling is an easy way to increase your roll, regardless of what everyone says.

daneault23

Thanks everyone for your input. I originally asked if the systems in my post were any good, and no one has answered that specifically...

So are Sports Betting Professor, Bookie Buster, Sports Book Investing, or Plus Line Sports decent systems? You know you can't believe everyone's so called "record", I mean just take JM for example. Even though I follow "his" system, his record's not as spotless as he claims.

biblos
    biblos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1662

To me JM sp b chmp****************** works but not using martingale.With different money management .Also Bookie Buster is not bad...There are many systems inside.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

There is no system that can turn -ev bets into +ev bets.

MrX

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    There is no system that can turn -ev bets into +ev bets.
    But, can you turn -ev bets into +eg?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33534

There are none. Systems are a scam.

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

i made a system it went 70% for a week then declines to about 50-60 ish.. i stopped following it
    I should get back to it, and write it down

Thremp
    Thremp's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    But, can you turn -ev bets into +eg?
    I think you're trolling. But no.

MrX

Quote Originally Posted by Thremp View Post
    I think you're trolling. But no.
    I'm not really trolling. What about this:

You know that a player with a 5% edge betting to win, say, 20% of his bankroll on each wager has -eg.

Therefore, whoever is booking his bets must be +eg, even though his side is -ev, right?

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks everyone for your input. I originally asked if the systems in my post were any good, and no one has answered that specifically...

So are Sports Betting Professor, Bookie Buster, Sports Book Investing, or Plus Line Sports decent systems? You know you can't believe everyone's so called "record", I mean just take JM for example. Even though I follow "his" system, his record's not as spotless as he claims.
    In the case of Plus Line, they have a different system that they are touting for 2010 MLB than they did during the 2009 season. Before the 2009 season, they were touting a system where you bet 66% on the ML and 33% on the RL. Apparently it did very well in the 2008 season, however they changed it to a flat Moneyline system after starting the 2009 season less than great. By the end of the 2009 season most of their plays were huge ML favorites, I'm guessing so their winning percentage would go up. Now they are selling a ML and total system for the 2010 season. If a system were so amazing, it would be able to hold up a little better than that.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianLaverty View Post
    you right

yellowman

Quote Originally Posted by bachngocduong View Post
    you right
    You are right, unless you have a statistically significant mathematical advantage when placing the bets...again, not easy to find, but they are out there...you just have to know certain probabilities and ways to modify bets to take advantage of those probabilities.

frank21
    Witty Comic
    frank21's Avatar Become A Pro!

The most ridiculous system I have ever seen is the \"fadethepublic\" system. Whoever came up with that one should be interrogated, then beaten to a pulp.

123 Last