BRANDO
    BRANDO's Avatar Become A Pro!

is a Sportsbetting mutual fund a possibility?

I was just brainstorming...

Would it be possible to start a fund where people invested and received dividends from someone sticking to proper BR management and paying out 9% per year to investors? I'm just throwing the numbers around but would this idea be possible? It seems intriguing to me.

rookie
    rookie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

There are private funds / syndicates that invest in sports betting but not sure you can have a mutual fund.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Is it possible? Yes. Would it be practical in terms of ease of operation in today's 'market' that includes so many banking restrictions for US players? I don't think so. But it is an interesting idea.

Welcome to SBR

Peeig
    Underbetting my roll
    Peeig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1213

This would be a good question for Eric "Sheets" Haber............you can sometimes find him on the forums at pocketfives........

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

JJgold Madoff Sports Fund.

Peep
    Peep's Avatar Become A Pro!

doubtful, because you would hit limits too quickly, and, IF you were any good, bannings on top of that.

flying low under the radar.....

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

pickslogic.com
    is simular an investment vechicle sort of speak

Targetman
    Targetman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gambling is is moving closer and closer to the traditional investment world. If you know much about futures trading, you know that the live betting on wsex is also futures trading. For a long time automatic trading software has been available for the stock market, with things like the Monte Carlo system where you can test your strategy on historic pricing. People have made quite a bit on money over the years with futures. Well, I see today that someone is now selling a trading program for the wsex interactives as well. Seems like a good concept. The point is, gambling is moving more mainstream each year, which I hope is good news for us all.

dcbt
    dcbt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by accuscoresucks View Post
    pickslogic.com
    is simular an investment vechicle sort of speak
    yikes. careful with those clowns. they base their entire 'system' on not losing 8 in a row... (they use a sort of martingale.) indeed, they lost 8 in a row last fall and essentially went bankrupt (or caused their investors to do so...)

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by dcbt View Post
    yikes. careful with those clowns. they base their entire 'system' on not losing 8 in a row... (they use a sort of martingale.) indeed, they lost 8 in a row last fall and essentially went bankrupt (or caused their investors to do so...)
    just ideas looks like the foundation is all good
    i dont endorse them by any means,and without even looking their picks are worthless,you will never see accu using bad management skills

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

i think they use fibnoci staking. same as martingale