shawn226
    shawn226's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Trying to find MBL pitcher "snapshot" stats

Hi all, I wonder if any of you could possibly steer me in the right direction please. For the full 2010 MLB season, I'm looking for what the following stats were on the day of the game for each starting pitcher:

- Opponents Batting Average
    - ERA
    - Last 3 games ERA
    - WHIP
    - Last 3 games WHIP

Would there be some magical site out there that would have all this?

Thanks!
    Shawn

ScreaminPain
    ScreaminPain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3172

Quote Originally Posted by shawn226 View Post
    Hi all, I wonder if any of you could possibly steer me in the right direction please. For the full 2010 MLB season, I'm looking for what the following stats were on the day of the game for each starting pitcher:

- Opponents Batting Average
    - ERA
    - Last 3 games ERA
    - WHIP
    - Last 3 games WHIP

Would there be some magical site out there that would have all this?
    Shawn
    You can program Excel to capture all of those stats from different sites if necessary, then place them into a capsule. It takes awhile to write the program, but seconds to get all the data on a daily basis. Here are three to give you a start. You may have to "fiddle" with the URL to get the exact data you need.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...D_RUN_AVG.html
    http://www.cleanuphitter.com/mlb/sta...form=GET+STATS
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...S_STARTED.html

Good Luck...

shawn226

Thanks Screamin, but those sites don't really have what I'm looking for, I'm afraid. What I need is like, for example, what was Roy Halladay's ERA, Last 3 games ERA, WHIP, Last 3 games WHIP, and Opponents Batting Average back on May 5 just prior to the the game against the Washington Nationals that evening. See what I mean?

Cheers
    Shawn

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17876

I was able to scrape ERAs at time of game from here mlb.com.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/probable_pit...x.jsp?c_id=mlb

shawn226

Yup, that's the idea Inspirited... now I just need to find one nice neat website that not only has ERA, but all those other stats I mentioned.

Cheers
    Shawn

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17876

If you knew the formulas for some of those stats you could calculate them yourself.

shawn226

No problem calculating those things myself if I could find a site with all the raw numbers... that's the tricky part.

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a pointless endeavor. Don't waste your time on a big project that's meaningless. Whip and opponent's average against are totally useless when it comes to sports betting.

shawn226

Thanks for the input illfuuptn... I won't kill myself looking for this stuff, but if I can find it readily available, I'd tinker with it.

dbear808
    dbear808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1067

shawn: Do you play fantasy baseball? Almost without fail, one is able to go to the players list, click on a player, and access his stats on a day-by-day basis. Copy and paste information onto a spreadsheet, write a few formulas, and you should have the information you are looking for. You may have to estimate opponents .avg, but a few points will not make that big of a difference.

shawn226

Thanks for the suggestion dbear... no I don't play fantasy baseball actually. Any idea what site I should check out?

Thanks
    Shawn