trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10371

Fantasy Football Playoffs Start Sit Decisions

this is for my big pot league +5k

QB- My plugged in every week starter CJ stroud went down. Picked up Baker Mayfield a few weeks ago who has been great. Mayfield faces a pass funnel defense against Jaguars this week. I am considering picking up Nick Mullens who also has projected passing yards and PTDs odds better than Baker Mayfield but it’s also Nick Mullens.

RB- Ezekiel Elliott vs David Montgomery

Elliott facing a run funnel broncos defense and seems to be the workhorse back for NE now but it’s Elliott and he can be inefficient. Odds for TD +150, NE/Den total 34

Montgomery’s touches haven’t really declined overall but his goal line touches have declined while Gibbs has seen his Redzone rushes increase. TD odds +110, Det/Min total 47

rest of my team

CMC
    James Cook
    Antonio Brown
    Olave
    Hockenson

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

For your QB I would stay with Mayfield. Why change what it is working. No need to start getting cute in the playoffs.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Agree with unde, stick with mayfield.

I'd play Montgomery over Elliot...gl

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    For your QB I would stay with Mayfield. Why change what it is working. No need to start getting cute in the playoffs.
    I am overthinking it. My opponent also has Mike Evans so probably best to have the hedge against Evans touchdowns, thanks unde

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Agree with unde, stick with mayfield.

I'd play Montgomery over Elliot...gl
    montgomery is my lean as well. My fear is Detroit falls behind and Gibbs gets all the snaps as the third down/pass catching rb

trobin31

Okay I managed to eek out the win into the Fantasy Championship game on the foot of Dolphins kicked Sanders and his x2 50 yard fgs lol

Key decisions this week

CJ Stroud vs Baker Mayfield
    stroud is likely back under center against a pass funnel Titans team. I kind of like the Titans to cover this spot & maybe win outright in a divisional revenge OT loss at home 2 weeks ago. Same with Saints who I like to get revenge on Tampa. Will probably base decision on prop odds etc but right now leaning Stroud

Elliot vs Montgomery, same issue as last week. Went with Montgomery who left game in 2 qtr and came back but was inefficient. Elliott likely in negative game script vs Bills. Lions showing a significant advantage keeping the ball on the ground against Cowboys so have to figure Montgomery gets lots of carries

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Won my Semi as well. Just chopping the payout. Coin flip game

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

antonio brown

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    this is for my big pot league +5k

QB- My plugged in every week starter CJ stroud went down. Picked up Baker Mayfield a few weeks ago who has been great. Mayfield faces a pass funnel defense against Jaguars this week. I am considering picking up Nick Mullens who also has projected passing yards and PTDs odds better than Baker Mayfield but it’s also Nick Mullens.

RB- Ezekiel Elliott vs David Montgomery

Elliott facing a run funnel broncos defense and seems to be the workhorse back for NE now but it’s Elliott and he can be inefficient. Odds for TD +150, NE/Den total 34

Montgomery’s touches haven’t really declined overall but his goal line touches have declined while Gibbs has seen his Redzone rushes increase. TD odds +110, Det/Min total 47

rest of my team

CMC
    James Cook
    Antonio Brown
    Olave
    Hockenson
    Hockerson was placed on IR today
    Antonio Brown retired
    CMC is a must start

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    antonio brown

you guys have clearly not visited any Pools recently lol

trobin31

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Hockerson was placed on IR today
    Antonio Brown retired
    CMC is a must start
    I picked up Chig Okonkwo to replace him. Dam shame, Hockenson was a great draft pick for me this year in 5th round. La Porta and Ndjuko were really the best value for draft position but I am proud to have gotten a TE who was well above average all year. If Cousins and Jefferson stayed healthy he would be too TE on year imo. Last year I made a point to grab Kelce early and it paid off heavily! Look for TE whose team lost target hog receivers early in drafts

trobin31

Somehow AJ brown fell to me in 2nd round of my draft lol

someone drafted Jalen Hurts and I think another person reached on Mahomes early too. Even in high money leagues people make some dumbfounding mistakes

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Okay I managed to eek out the win into the Fantasy Championship game on the foot of Dolphins kicked Sanders and his x2 50 yard fgs lol

Key decisions this week

CJ Stroud vs Baker Mayfield
    stroud is likely back under center against a pass funnel Titans team. I kind of like the Titans to cover this spot & maybe win outright in a divisional revenge OT loss at home 2 weeks ago. Same with Saints who I like to get revenge on Tampa. Will probably base decision on prop odds etc but right now leaning Stroud

Elliot vs Montgomery, same issue as last week. Went with Montgomery who left game in 2 qtr and came back but was inefficient. Elliott likely in negative game script vs Bills. Lions showing a significant advantage keeping the ball on the ground against Cowboys so have to figure Montgomery gets lots of carries
    Speaking as a former fantasy player, I used to use game totals to factor into the fantasy. it helped but not enough to overcome the dam injuries. Just assuming the Lions score more than the Pats should alone make you take Montgomery, but it also depends on Rhamonde playing or not? And Gibson getting more touches too. Clusterfukk. Elliot should still get some screen passes and be involved in passing game if behind.