dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

check out my newly drafted fantasy bases team

just drafted last night, didnt do as much research as id have liked, but i think i fared alright

12 team H2H
    runs, singles, doubles, triples, HRs, RBI, BB, K, .AVG, NSB (net stolen bases)
    wins, cg, sho, saves, BB, K, ERA, WHIP

C-salvador perez
    1B - Victor Martinez
    2B - Brandon Phillips
    3B - David Wright
    SS - Andrelton Simmons
    OF - Carlos Gonzalez
    OF- Matt Holliday
    OF - Justin Upton
    UTIL- Aramis Ramirez
    BN - N Aoki
    BN - Adam Lind
    BN - Rickie Weeks
    BN - Angel Pagan

SP - Felix Hernandez
    SP - Matt Cain
    SP - James Shields
    SP - Jake Peavy
    SP - Yovani Gallardo
    RP - Joe Nathan
    RP - Sergio Romo
    RP - J Papelbon
    P - Marco Estrada
    P - Wandy Rodriguez
    P - Michael Pineda (last pick for upside)

let me know what you guys think or any suggestions

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Like it a lot especially your starting rotation.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

thanks pro, i am interested in this year for king felix, mariners on paper at least seem to have gotten a little better, so hopefully he can get some more W's...but he did just get a huge paycheck which worries me a little. cain im hoping for a bounceback year, he sucked for a stretch last year but he is a good pitcher and has been having an incredible spring. big game james is pretty money too so i feel like i have a strong top 3

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    thanks pro, i am interested in this year for king felix, mariners on paper at least seem to have gotten a little better, so hopefully he can get some more W's...but he did just get a huge paycheck which worries me a little. cain im hoping for a bounceback year, he sucked for a stretch last year but he is a good pitcher and has been having an incredible spring. big game james is pretty money too so i feel like i have a strong top 3
    Yeah alot of offense now with them mariners, I expect a big year from the King this year. Cy Young maybe

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

haven't looked into fantasy bases yet but your rotation looks solid indeed. You need an update in SS though

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I like having Victor Martinez if he's catcher-eligible considering he almost never catches

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

gettin it in, nice draft. get some younger pop tho

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I like having Victor Martinez if he's catcher-eligible considering he almost never catches
    Well he can play catch first base and dh so lots of options/plate appearances.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

great rotation, I also think the Mariners might be the most improved team. It would be really nice to see Felix get some run support

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

solid team

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

How many teams in the league?

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

What stands out the most?

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Solid team on paper, like the flyer on Pineda with your last pick as well.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

great some young guns, u should be set with fliers.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

I like your pitching staff, I think you will need to make some adjustments in your day to day lineup. Justin Upton is lazy, a few of your other position players are marginal. V mart, Perez, are questionable, Simmons isn't that great of a hitter. Another 1st baseman will be a better utility player.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

thanks guys for all the input! fantasy bases is my top sport, i like football but i love bases, so if anyone has any questions for me dont hesitate to ask for advice, i will gladly give some input

for my SS, i went with andrelton simmons late because most of the even halfway decent SS were already off the board by then, and simmons is a great contact hitter. it wouldnt be farfetched to see him hit .280 this year, and he hardly ever strikes out, so thats really all i could ask for out of that position. unless you get a Tulo, hanram, maybe jj hardy? there arent very many great SS options out there. i avoided the likes of jimmy rollins and asdrubal cabrera, those guys are heading south fast

i do agree that i need some more younger guys, but i tend to scout a lot of younger players once callups roll around, and im always looking into the waiver wire. fantasy baseball is a daily grind, and lineups change more than any other season. i like going with the proven vets with good track records in the draft, and making younger additions as the season goes on

as for v-mart and my 1B, he is somewhat of a temporary 1B for me. he doesnt hit for power, but the average is always there year in and year out. when they play enough games against the NL and he catches (need 5 games to qualify), he will probably become my permanent catcher. this is why i drafted Lind, for some pop at 1B, but i could also look to trade for a stud 1B if he doesnt pan out. For now, salvador perez is a fine option, he is a young guy that looks very promising in the league.

there are 12 teams in my league. one concern i have is at closer, on paper right now i have 3 very solid closers but to me, papelbon and nathan are definitely older and could have some issues down the road. papelbon isnt looking great this spring either but its early. at least nathan is on the tigers so he should get a lot of save opps. that being said, my biggest mistake was taking nathan when i completely didnt see kenley jansen on the board at that same pick. i love jansen, i think he will be the top closer in baseball this year if healthy. that being said, nathan is still a solid option

also not sure about the bottom of my rotation. gallardo, wandy, and pineda are all big question marks. gallardo can be such an idiot on the mound, walking pitchers, getting ahead 0-2 and walking guys, so im curious to see how he works. i kind of hope he starts out hot so i can trade him early. rickie weeks is a long shot, im hoping he heats up early too because the potential is definitely there but he has sucked in recent years. i dont know why i ended up with so many damn brewers :-/

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Wandy is still in the majors!?

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

yes, he pitches for the pirates...PNC is pretty solid for pitchers, and hes in the NL which is obviously good. he had a strong start to the season last year until his season was derailed by a forearm injury. if he can get back healthy he's not a bad late round investment

ProPicker713
    METS!

yes, he pitches for the pirates...PNC is pretty solid for pitchers, and hes in the NL which is obviously good. he had a strong start to the season last year until his season was derailed by a forearm injury. if he can get back healthy he's not a bad late round investment
    Pirates is also a good team and can get him some runs in bunches.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

No cubs?

Any one you could pick up?

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

i didnt intentionally avoid cubs players, just didnt end up with any. i had the opportunity to take castro in the middle rounds but everything ive read has been negative, and ive owned him previously and after watching him a bunch i didnt really like his game

i did just make my first transaction of the year and feeling good about it, dropped a. pagan and picked up grady sizemore. a bunch of reasons why i feel good about this move. first, pagan is reportedly dealing with a nagging back injury that plagued him last year. sizemore, we know the potential is there but the guy just needs to stay healthy. he came into camp in great shape and has played so well hes pushed a competition. farrell loves his veterans and i see him eventually winning out, glowing reports from camp and i almost feel like the sox want him to succeed as their thumbing their nose at everyone "look how smart we are" move

i also play in a league entirely made up of hardcore sox fans (we are all from boston area) so if he can even start off on a good note, i can try to dangle him as trade bait. also my fiance loves sizemore (what woman doesnt) which adds value to this move since she will be less likely to complain about me checking my roster on my phone all the time. gotta keep the ladies happy fellas, its a long season

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    No cubs?

Any one you could pick up?
    Only Cub I would get would be castro, guy is their franchise.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

I like your batting line-up. Especially the outfield with Cargo and Holliday

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

thanks otters, those are my two fav. picks. i know outfielders are easier to come by, but holliday is so consistent, and cargo was my first pick, i really like him to produce but i just need to hope he stays healthy. jupton is a good source of power though he will strike out a zillion times. hopefully he can keep them down and get his average up a bit this year, his home park is so great for hitters i do like the potential

EmpireMaker

Jupton could be one of the best OF options if he wasn't so lazy, when he is on and trying he is awesome, problem is he is a strikeout machine and hits for a low average when he is phoning it in. You have a good enough pitching staff (I'm no fan of Wandy), minor tweaks as things move along should leave you in good position there (I would have went for a couple younger guys if I could there though instead of Wandy and one of the other bench guys), Vmart is good in the catcher slot if he gets eligible and is a good stash, closers are talented veterans you can adjust with a hot younger one if necessary. Simmons was better late in the year last year if he continues to improve he could be OK.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Thought I heard he wasn't in contention for their starting rotation. Guess he's slotted as #5?

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

thanks empire, I agree, i could've went with a few more young guns, like i said i probably should have done a little more research. i am pretty on top of the callups though throughout the season so i should hopefully be able to get some good young arms down the road. last year i managed to get cingrani and jose fernandez who were huge assets. i hate paying premiums for guys like that this year though, their second time through the league and hitters will eventually start to catch up. for instance i loved cingrani last year, but he is getting absolutely torched in spring training. we will just have to see

greenhippo, do you mean pineda? he is currently battling david phelps for the #5 spot, but he has looked great this spring. his slider is reportedly really biting, although he could use a little work on his veolcity. ivan nova has also looked stellar this spring. even if they dont end up starting pineda in the rotation, the yankees staff is pretty meh and full of old guys so im sure an injury or ineffectiveness wil take over at some point.

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Jupton could be one of the best OF options if he wasn't so lazy, when he is on and trying he is awesome, problem is he is a strikeout machine and hits for a low average when he is phoning it in. You have a good enough pitching staff (I'm no fan of Wandy), minor tweaks as things move along should leave you in good position there (I would have went for a couple younger guys if I could there though instead of Wandy and one of the other bench guys), Vmart is good in the catcher slot if he gets eligible and is a good stash, closers are talented veterans you can adjust with a hot younger one if necessary. Simmons was better late in the year last year if he continues to improve he could be OK.
    J upton could be a huge bust as well, guy is could either hit 35 homers or just 5 homeruns

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Need a bounce back year from Cain.

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    J upton could be a huge bust as well, guy is could either hit 35 homers or just 5 homeruns
    He'll hit 25 HR's or more but he is a pain in the azz to have on your team, when he's hot you'll love him and when he is phoning it in you will hate him. He has the talent to easily be a top 10 OF but the consistency is not there.

EmpireMaker

thanks empire, I agree, i could've went with a few more young guns, like i said i probably should have done a little more research. i am pretty on top of the callups though throughout the season so i should hopefully be able to get some good young arms down the road. last year i managed to get cingrani and jose fernandez who were huge assets. i hate paying premiums for guys like that this year though, their second time through the league and hitters will eventually start to catch up. for instance i loved cingrani last year, but he is getting absolutely torched in spring training. we will just have to see

greenhippo, do you mean pineda? he is currently battling david phelps for the #5 spot, but he has looked great this spring. his slider is reportedly really biting, although he could use a little work on his veolcity. ivan nova has also looked stellar this spring. even if they dont end up starting pineda in the rotation, the yankees staff is pretty meh and full of old guys so im sure an injury or ineffectiveness wil take over at some point.
    I like Pineda for a #5 type he has a good upside

EmpireMaker

check out Wheeler, T Walker, Y Ventura, A Bradley they are young guys that might be available here and there and have some strong potential

EmpireMaker

I like Nova a lot this year he will be on most of my teams.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I like Nova a lot also. Think that he is going to have a great year. Empire how many do you play?

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

Nova now up to 21 K's in just over 19 innings. would be great if he can translate that over to the regular season.

12 Last