darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19576

Commissoiner issues

I'm getting a little drunk tonight.
    Felt bad that I had to break the news to this guy that since he tied in his match tonight, he lost because he was the lower seed in the playoffs.
    The kicker: he tied his son.

Dude is a good guy, but I've never seen him so upset w/ me in 15 years, in when giving the bad news.

Dude is 64, his son is in his 30's- they have a great relationship so no ill towards each other.
    Not about the money-just in the hundreds, for prize money.
    Dude is way better than most financially, business owner. has a thousand+ cash to walk around with always.

The beauty of season long fantasy sports is that it becomes a little competitive, and its not about the money as much as winning.
    But, when you're the commish, the burdens of losings can be yours, since most of these guys are close friends.

Go ahead Peanut Gallery, open fire

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

seeding is a terrible way to break a tie why do you not use bench scoring for first tiebreaker?

darrell74

bench-scoring is whore shit
    its a keeper league,
    transactions cost money,

if my commissioner said it was the rule before the season started, I would be fine with that-
    but its my league, and I declared that higher seed gets the tiebreaker

give the regular season meaning by giving the higher seed the tie breaker.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    I'm getting a little drunk tonight.
    Felt bad that I had to break the news to this guy that since he tied in his match tonight, he lost because he was the lower seed in the playoffs.
    The kicker: he tied his son.

Dude is a good guy, but I've never seen him so upset w/ me in 15 years, in when giving the bad news.

Dude is 64, his son is in his 30's- they have a great relationship so no ill towards each other.
    Not about the money-just in the hundreds, for prize money.
    Dude is way better than most financially, business owner. has a thousand+ cash to walk around with always.

The beauty of season long fantasy sports is that it becomes a little competitive, and its not about the money as much as winning.
    But, when you're the commish, the burdens of losings can be yours, since most of these guys are close friends.

Go ahead Peanut Gallery, open fire
    shitty situation but isnt the competiveness what its all about that means that they had an exciting season.

darrell74

right mitchell